Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Manga Chat

Unread 08-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #1
xKaori

Does anyone read any manhwas??

Just wondering is anyone reads any manhwas.. Besides Ragnarok, Priest, and any others that has been licensed here in the U.S.

Are there any manhwas you want to see scanlated? I am planning to scanlate a few manhwas.

Hip Hop, K2, and possibly END.
xKaori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2003, 11:28 PM   #2
Ceres86

oh, NUH UHH!!!! I would love to see hip hop scanslated! I read a few manhwas but my korean kinda suck (i know enuff to get the point) Where do u get ur manhwas??? what else can u scanslate?

I was thinkin of scanslating byul bit sok ae but some pages are missing so i decided not to, plus it would take forever to translate.
Ceres86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
xKaori

I get them near a local store. It's called Han Yang book store. If you want, I can get you some manhwas. Catch is you gotta pay back. LOL They also have certain mangas translated into korean.

So far the only manhwas I own are:
Hip Hop - 1-20
K2 - 1-5 complete (this manhwa is pretty good for a short series)
Shin Goo Mi Ho - 1-5
END 1-8 (still talking about getting the next few volumes of these series from Korea)

I only plan to scanlate Hip Hop, and K2. I'm still not sure about END.
Still deciding if I should translate some mangas from the korean translated version.

<~Still thinking...

You can get Issues comic (Company name) at http://www.mycomic.co.kr
Unread 08-04-2003, 09:26 PM   #4
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Korean manga? Like Under the Glass Moon and Demon Diaries? I read those two ^^V
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #5
Ceres86

can u tell me what the series are aboiut??

OH YAYAYAYAYAYA HOOK ME UP PULEAZZEEE!

are they pretty cheap like those 3 chun won manhwas, or are they more expensive cuz they're imports??

Last edited by Ceres86 : 08-04-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Unread 08-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #6
xKaori

Sadly.... they get imported from Korea... so they double the price.... T.T

A 3 chun won manhwa, they would charge double. $6.00.. T.T

Yes it sucks but until I can go to Korea, I'm stuck paying double.

>>Korean manga? Like Under the Glass Moon and Demon Diaries? I read those two ^^V

Yesh... Are they licensed in America??
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:00 AM   #7
Ceres86

yea, but thats cheaper than getting tokyopop or viz graphic manga....ish soooo expensive ranges around 10 -16!

I know under the glas mooon is already in the process of translating by tokyopop and i dunno about demon diaries. Im so happy tokyopop is bringing lots of manhwa to the U.S.!!

What are some manhwa that you recommend? I like reading mostly about romance/comedy/fantasy stuff.

Last edited by Ceres86 : 08-05-2003 at 08:04 AM.
Unread 08-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Yep, those two are licensed. I like them a lot! I think I shall delve deeper into manhwas =3 And like Ceres86 said, they are, at least, cheaper than TokyoPop. It's like buying Japanese manga for $5.25, so $6 wouldn't really bother me ^_^

Ceres: Demon Diaries is TOTAL comedy! I was laughing so hard when I read it - definitely caught me off guard. Raenef is a Demon lord in training, but he's such a... a... 15 year old kid (XD) which makes for some very funny dialogue between him and his trainer, Eclipse.
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #9
xKaori

I read manhwas that are funny, dramatic, and has a serious storyline. Like K2. First volume it's funny, but when I started to buy the rest, it got really serious. Damn wtf are they charging 10 bucks for!?!? What a rip off. Also I just found out today that King Of Hell (not sure it's right o.o; I'll scan a pic of it later since I'm not sure of the korean name) was licensed and I was somewhat surprised..

Also why do some people call manhwas manga???

I have never heard of Under the glass Moon and Demon Diaries. *goes to look in magazine* Nope I don't see it. Can you give me the original company name in korean who produces it??

I'll scan the manhwas I own. Mainly the covers unless they in a magazine.
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:30 PM   #10
Ceres86

hmmm i dunno, but try checking tokyopop.com

Babbit-chan : ima take ur word on it and read demon diaries. You know, i hate being dissapointed > hehehe i just luuuuuv comedies , but its so hard to find sum good ones nowadays... and ya you should check out manhwas!! theres some great ones out there that are refreshing from japanese mangas.

Manhwa-manga? i dunno, i guess people dont really know that korean manhwa has its own special name to it as does japanese manga. but then when u think about it, its all the same rite? i mean in korea they call japanese manga manhwa...o well iz all good.

and look how much viz is charging us....16 bucks plus tax....but then again they gota make money too...

oh kaori~ are the manwhas used or are they new? im thinkin they are used but i dont want them to have pages missing like one time i bought a series from a manhwa chek bang and alot of pages were missin...
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #11
xKaori

I don't buy any manhwas or mangas used. Same reason. I don't want any pages missing or ripped.

Anyways here are the pics. They are the most recent ones that came out.
Hip Hop
Shin Goo Me Ho
END
K2 (my favorite manhwa)
Just looking for this manhwa that was in a magazine
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #12
Chibi Bunni
Warm Milk & Honey Please!

I read the licensed Manwhas here...o.o
Chibi Bunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #13
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Lol I guess I'm just used to calling anything from TokyoPop manga Oh yeah, I have no idea who the original publisher is, but the author of Under the Glass Moon is Ko Ya Seong, and the author of Demon Diary is Jee-Hyung Lee.
Unread 08-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #14
xKaori

Looking up the authors names are gonna be a pain..... T.T Do you have any images of those??
Unread 08-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #15
Ceres86

i dont think you can scanslate k2. i looked at ur images and it look like kill me kiss me? That manhwa was just lisenced by tokyopop. But i read the summaries and it sounds really interesting. Similar to hanakimi manga...

Can you scanslate hip hop? that one i heard was really goood~~ Oh and did u know...korea won hip hop dance contest worldwide? Now they're at no. 1 !

i will email or IM you for any (butak) s on manhwas, is that ok? (once i figure out which series to start on)