Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
KarisaLightYear
Kair

Anyone buy from HoneyColor.com?

I specifically bought toric lenses from this website and I'm hoping they'll come soon.
My order was July 15 and they said 3-4 weeks processing to make my prescription.
Have any of you ordered here? Was it a good or bad experience?

I tried contacting them and all they sent was an email saying they had a high level of inquiries and will write the response in my package or something.

Blog! http://becauseiwanttoknowmore.blogspot.com/
KarisaLightYear is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Ion
Lyrical gangster

I have not personally bought from there, but a number of people on here have. I do not recall anyone mentioning anything negative besides a backup in orders around Halloween or sales and obviously being based in Malaysia, shipping to the States takes time, which a number of people have commented on.

However, let us break down the situation. Toric lenses are custom made and they gave you a 3-4 week production time estimate. Let us err toward the 4 week mark which would mean the lenses would be manufactured by August 13th at the latest if they stick to their 3-4 week production schedule.

Now consider shipping: If you used standard postage, that could be another 2+ weeks. Expedited shipping can be 1 week, but even then it can sit in customs for a few days too.

So, theoretically that puts you at about 6 weeks from purchase to arrival [for standard shipping]. Re: possible arrival sometime during the last week of August [or a week earlier if you used expedited shipping]. Again, these are just estimates, but 4 weeks have not yet passed since you placed the order.

I would see what they say when they write back and be on the lookout for your parcel the 18th onward [taking into consideration the kind of shipping you opted to use]. You have until the 29th to file a claim in Paypal if something goes amiss and your credit card company has a longer timeframe than that so do know that you are covered. Hope this helps put things into perspective and good luck!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

I've ordered from HoneyColor several times and never had any issues. Some of my friends have ordered from them too and no problems either.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
KarisaLightYear
Kair

Thanks you guys!!! You made me feel so much better about buying from there. I just hope the contacts come before school starts on the 21st so that I won't be blind!!

Blog! http://becauseiwanttoknowmore.blogspot.com/
KarisaLightYear is offline   Reply With Quote