Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
Touya no miko
TnM

How to wear fake lashes on hooded eyelids?

I have average-sized Asian eyes with hooded lids, so when I wear false eyelashes they won't stay in an upright position. I've tried to curl them with a high-class lash curler, but it doesn't seem to work. Any tips?

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
kandell

Make sure you're letting the glue dry before you fully open your eyes, to prevent the glue from sticking to your eyelid and/or shifting the lashes before they're dried in place. Also, make sure the lashes are correctly sized to your eyes. If the band is too long, you won't be able to place it correctly. Do you maybe have a picture of false lashes on your eyes? It may help in figuring out how to fix what they're trying to do.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Touya no miko
TnM

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.ne...37857499_n.jpg

This one here. It's a little blurry, but I'm the blonde haired one. I'm wearing pretty big lashes here, but they wouldn't stay upright.

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

If you find that seamed lashes are hard to apply, I'd suggest lashes with invisible bands, or even lots of individual lashes. Those can be applied on your lashes themselves, instead of the lash line. Check YT for tutorials if you need tips, I know Lisa Eldridge has some. Good luck, and hope this helps!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #5
kimchicake

Maybe try positioning the lashes alittle bit more upward than you'd think? Those heavy and thick lashes with a thick bone might not be your best bet since they tend to drag downwards. Instead, try adding 2 or 3 think lashes. You'll acheive thick lashes without all the weight XD Good luck and hope that helped a bit!
kimchicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #6
Ion
イオン

One thing I have found that helped was using lashes with a thicker band. Not only does the thicker band provide more surface area for glue, but it adds stability so your lashes sit however you want them. Another workaround is using the "accent" lash styles, the ones that are not a full band's length, but really accent the corners of your eyes. With the right eyeliner, no one can tell you are not wearing a full-band eyelash style.

I've also found that using lash applicators helps position the lashes how I want them and it ensure that they are applied evenly. I have both kinds of applicators and find them immensely helpful. Tweezer style or clip style. If you do not mind a bit of a wait, either style can be purchased on eBay for around $1.00.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote