Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-08-2015, 04:05 AM   #1
iTanniKii
TanniKii

Ene's cheek data features?

First, I have no clue what they actually are called, but I'm trying to replicate Ene's cheek things. Last year I tried just using make up and it turned out terrible...I'm not really sure if this question belongs in the make-up section, but would making the things out craft foam sheets work out well or would there be anything that would work better? Also, what could I use to keep it sticking on my face? I don't know if there's a special type of glue or tape I could use.
iTanniKii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
kandell

What type of makeup did you use? It's possible that you just weren't using the right kind. I would recommend a face paint, like Mehron or even Snazzaroo. They're meant to give vibrant colors, and you can likely mix to get the right shade of whatever you need. Craft foam would not be very comfortable to wear, and it would be strained and pulled at each time you opened and closed your mouth, which could pull it off or pull at your skin.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
iTanniKii
TanniKii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
What type of makeup did you use? It's possible that you just weren't using the right kind. I would recommend a face paint, like Mehron or even Snazzaroo. They're meant to give vibrant colors, and you can likely mix to get the right shade of whatever you need. Craft foam would not be very comfortable to wear, and it would be strained and pulled at each time you opened and closed your mouth, which could pull it off or pull at your skin.
I don't remember what type, but I'm guessing it was a low quality type since it started to look cracked once it dried. In truth, I didn't have much options at the time so it was a mix of that and regular make up. Thank you for the suggestions though, and I didn't think of that when it came to the craft foam.
iTanniKii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
kandell

No problem! If you're still wanting to try the craft foam, you could probably use spirit gum. You can find it at costume stores like Nobbies. Just brush some onto the part of foam that will touch your skin, wait about 15 seconds, and press it to your skin firmly. Wait a little while (maybe a minute) for it to really adhere, and it should be good. You could always test it to see if it would be too constricting, cuz there's always a chance it would work for what you need.

Be careful, though, because I've heard some people with sensitive skin can have reactions to spirit gum or other adhesives. Always test a small patch of skin first, to make sure you won't have a bad reaction.

You'll also want spirit gum remover, so that when you pull the foam off you can clean the gum residue off of your skin completely.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote