Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #91
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Places to Buy Circle Lenses!

Report dead links + let me know of stores to add! We want QUALITY, not QUANTITY.

∆ shoppers satisfied with products & service
! some shoppers reported issues - shop w/care
☆ Mostly batch ordering w/ some stock

What is batch ordering?

Batch ordering is a multi-step process that works as follows:
Seller collects a set # of preorders --> Submits a bulk order to distributor --> Distributor fulfills order and sends products to seller --> Seller packs and ships your products to the buyers.

Turnaround time is slower, it can take a month +, but sellers can keep prices low. If you're in no rush, batch ordering may be for you.

:: Websites ::
Angel Contacts
Asian Fashion City
Asian Food Grocer [Geo]
Asian Stuff Shop [in AUD]
Big Eye Circle Lens
Big Eyes Contact Lens
Candylens
Circlelens.net
CircleLens2U
Color Lens 4 Less
Coloured Contacts [Aus]
Contact Lens House
Contact Lens Xchange
Cosmetic Lense
Crazy Contacts [Aus]
Create i.Beauty
D'Beauty Shop
E-Circle Lens ∆ [torics avail]
EBeautyNa
Eye Love Colors [in MYR]
Eyecandy lens
Eyefocus Lens
Fancy Look [Chinese]
Geo Coloured Lenses [Geo]
Geo Contact Lens [Geo]
Geo Geo Eye [Geo]
Get Your Lenses
G W Y S H O P
Honey Color ∆ / !
Isako Boutique
i-Beautyshop
iCandy Style
I Love Circle Lense
I Want Cute
Japanese Candy ∆☆
Juz2shop
K-Circlelens
Kiwiberry1's Collection [Always have coupons - check their homepage]
Korea Big Eyes ∆ [Always have coupons - check their homepage]
LensCircle
Lens Idol
Lilie's Shop
Meshaa
MWF Shopping
PadPa [Thai]
Paraná Lentes [Brazil] Solotica
Perfect Circle Lens
Pinky Paradise
Pretty Circle Lens
Prince Lens ∆/!
QQ Contacts
Shop Cheap Lens
Shoppingholics
Simply Geo Lens
SoftLensEye
The Dolly Eye
Tokyo Toys
YesStyle
Yukiumi

:: Blogshops ::
Angel's Kawaii Store
Barbie Eyes
Charleneshop
Circlelenses
DollFront
Exclusive Lens
EYEWANT
Favlens [Thai]
Genki Eyes [Geo]
Geo Contacts
Geo Eye Candy
Geo Supplier
GirlieBoutique
Glistening Eyes
HotChic Color Lens
i-Geo
I Love Circle Lenses
I Want Cute
Kawaii Cutie
Odile Fashion Circle Lens
PlayCutieLens
Purple Lens
Quality Circle Lens
Secret Eyes ∆☆
ShoppingSpree [Aus]
Sunny Side Up
The Apple of Your Eye
Ulzzang Eyes

:: Price Ranges By Brand (per pair in USD) ::
Bescon: $30-$45
Besvue: $15-$25
Colorvue: $30-$40
Dueba: $15-$25
EOS: $25-$40
FreshKon: $30-$40
G7: $35-$45
G&G: $15-$25
Geo: $15-$25
Hana Medicon: $20-$30
iFairy: $20-30
Innovision: $20-$30
Intervia: $25-$35
MI: $25-$35
Migwang: $20-$30
Mirine (Wakure): $25-$40
Neo Vision: $20-$35
New/Neo Bio: $20-$30
Seeshell: $20-$35
T-Top: $15-$25
Vassen: $25-$35

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe

Last edited by Ion : 12-10-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #92
balisong.352
The call me Agent 36.

Thanks for all the wonderful links! I just found a set of lenses that look so much better than the ones I was about to buy. I'm so glad I held off until I joined the forum!
balisong.352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #93
IzzyTheInsane
Ninja In Training

If you don't wear contacts and never have, do they hurt at first? (I have an extremely low tolerance for pain... ^^')
IzzyTheInsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #94
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyTheInsane View Post
If you don't wear contacts and never have, do they hurt at first? (I have an extremely low tolerance for pain... ^^')
It's extremely important to see an eye doctor to get properly fitted lenses that are made from a compatible material for your eyes. If you get ill-fitting or incompatible lenses, you will experience discomfort. Also, lenses need to be taken care of because dirty and damaged lenses cause discomfort as well.

When properly fit and cared for, contact lenses should not cause you any pain at all. You may "feel" that something is in your eyes at first but it's not like how it feels if you get sand or dirt in your eyes. With new technologies most of the soft contact lenses are ridiculously thin and you barely notice them in your first time. After a week of wear, you typically don't notice lenses in at all.

Hope this helps!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Unread 01-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #95
balisong.352
The call me Agent 36.

And something that I wish someone (my optometrist, maybe??!) told me when I first started wearing contacts.. Inspect your contacts for rips or tears. If you do this, put that thing in, and incur a pain that feels like something is scraping off the first layer of your eyeball TAKE OUT THE CONTACT. DO NOT RUB OR TOUCH YOUR EYE as it will cause further irritation or (not to scare you but) damage to your eye.

Please note that it's not my intention to deter anyone but to help out. It happened to me once, and I called my doc immediately (thus my answer). However, I had a friend that went through the pain of a torn contact for a month thinking that it was normal. I still haggle her to this day about one question: "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU THINK THAT PAIN WAS NORMAL?!?!"

Talk to your doctor about any questions or concerns you have on everything from daily care to how to put those things in. It's always best to run up in the place with an actual written list so that you don't forget.

Other than that minor incident, I've had nothing but good times with my contacts. I wear them when I go out and get crazy compliments (I sport the Dolly Eye in blue and green).

Metrocon 2010
Yoko Littner
balisong.352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #96
Sweet Sunshine
Over-zealous Rookie

Gotta say thanks SO much for this post. I've never seen such a complete list of contact lens sellers! This is definitely a topic that every lens-wearing cosplayer should read long before ever attempting to buy.
Sweet Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #97
Mikilane
Fuwa Fuwa

This might of been asked but I'll just ask anyway, can soft contacts last longer than their suppose to if you take care of them? (also my contacts I wore only a couple times)
Mikilane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #98
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikilane View Post
This might of been asked but I'll just ask anyway, can soft contacts last longer than their suppose to if you take care of them? (also my contacts I wore only a couple times)
The answer is yes and no. Let's say your lens vials say something like "Good for 60 days after opening" and "Expiration 12-2010". The general rule here would be that your lenses would be able to be worn 60 consecutive days or 60 days of single wear. Just remember to change the cleaning solution when not in use e.g. you won't be wearing them for a month. With good care you can usually wear the lenses longer. However, the lenses themselves are guaranteed for the specified number of wears up to the expiration date (whichever comes first - just like cars and mileage). Beyond that, what you do is on you.

You should always inspect your lenses for damage etc before inserting them (regardless if you just opened them or have worn them before. If you notice damage or they aren't as comfortable anymore, ditch them and get new ones (even if it's before the expiration date).

Hope this helps!

CURRENT PROJECTS

Last edited by Ion : 09-07-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Unread 02-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #99
Mikilane
Fuwa Fuwa

Yes, that does help. Thank you very much!
Mikilane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #100
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

My parents don't seem to see the purpose in going to an eye doctor >.> Which is now kinda freaking me out since I ended up getting the lenses already since my mom wouldn't take me to her eye doctor and now I wish I had gone but my mom I guess doesn't know (even though she wears contacts) about different "sizes." She asked me if they were hard lenses, and I don't think they are. I have the ColorMax Aqua lenses. But since I would only have lenses for purely cosmetic purposes and not for vision, she sees no point. Argh.
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #101
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
My parents don't seem to see the purpose in going to an eye doctor >.> Which is now kinda freaking me out since I ended up getting the lenses already since my mom wouldn't take me to her eye doctor and now I wish I had gone but my mom I guess doesn't know (even though she wears contacts) about different "sizes." She asked me if they were hard lenses, and I don't think they are. I have the ColorMax Aqua lenses. But since I would only have lenses for purely cosmetic purposes and not for vision, she sees no point. Argh.
Tell her that due to FDA's policy, all contact lenses, whether they be for corrective vision or just cosmetic, are considered medical devices, and you must have a prescription to purchase them. Here's an example as to why: I am prescribed to lenses with an 8.8mm base curve (this is how wide it is at the widest point at the bottom of the lens), most colored lenses come in an 8.6mm base curve. If I were to wear 8.6s, I can cause serious damage to my eyes (even so serious as permanent blindness), as the lens is too tight on my eye.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #102
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Tell her that due to FDA's policy, all contact lenses, whether they be for corrective vision or just cosmetic, are considered medical devices, and you must have a prescription to purchase them. Here's an example as to why: I am prescribed to lenses with an 8.8mm base curve (this is how wide it is at the widest point at the bottom of the lens), most colored lenses come in an 8.6mm base curve. If I were to wear 8.6s, I can cause serious damage to my eyes (even so serious as permanent blindness), as the lens is too tight on my eye.
Yikes. I'll have to try that. Wish me luck ^.^
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #103
AngelDragon
Kirinafa

Hm... i ordered some contacts with Coastalcontacts.com over a week ago. Gave them my doctors names/number/address and finished the order. My boyfriend clicked out of the window before i could copy the order number. I have never received a confirmation/shipping e-mail or anything. My credit card hasn't been charged. I emailed them three days ago asking them my order number and if it went through. Still no reply. Should i just order it again? Because my boyfriend was saying something about after he got the order number it was wanting him to pay *again* even though he just did. Did he just not actually check out all the way? If anyone thats ordered from them could remember how they did the check out, it would be a big help.

Does it take this long to confirm my prescription? Could my doctor refuse? Should i order it again because maybe he didn't actually check out?

I have social anxiety, so i have a fear of phones and cant call them without having a panic attack. I'm stuck
AngelDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #104
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDragon View Post
Hm... i ordered some contacts with Coastalcontacts.com over a week ago. Gave them my doctors names/number/address and finished the order. My boyfriend clicked out of the window before i could copy the order number. I have never received a confirmation/shipping e-mail or anything. My credit card hasn't been charged. I emailed them three days ago asking them my order number and if it went through. Still no reply. Should i just order it again? Because my boyfriend was saying something about after he got the order number it was wanting him to pay *again* even though he just did. Did he just not actually check out all the way? If anyone thats ordered from them could remember how they did the check out, it would be a big help.

Does it take this long to confirm my prescription? Could my doctor refuse? Should i order it again because maybe he didn't actually check out?

I have social anxiety, so i have a fear of phones and cant call them without having a panic attack. I'm stuck
Its possible the order wasn't fully completed. As for confirming prescription, they should contact your doctor shortly after receiving the order, and your doctor is supposed to respond within 8 business hours. You can try emailing them again until you finally get an answer.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #105
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

So, I managed to get one contact in. But the left one just does not want to work. It either makes an air bubble type thing or just turns inside out. The right one worked fine (but man, does it feel weird...gonna take some getting used to). What's the deal?