Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
ISwearImSane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,294,967,295
Agito Wanijima (Air Gear) Cosplay

I'm planning on going as Agito Wanijima from Air Gear for a convention this year and I already have the wig, the eyepatch, and the pants. I have some questions about the straightjacket. I already know the type of fabric I'm going to use. I looked around for a pattern and I found a thread here that had a pattern link, but the pattern won't show up.

Does anyone know where I could find a pattern that would work for his straightjacket?

Edit**
Also! A question about the strips coming off of his pants, how long should they be? I heard they should be 4yds long ... O_O ... but im not sure

Last edited by ISwearImSane : 04-25-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: FOrgot something
ISwearImSane is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer
 
SailorAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 780
You won't be able to find a straight jacket pattern; but if you can find a standard jacket pattern, you can just modify it so that the sleeves are longer (which is essentially the only modification).

As for the leg straps, they do need to be pretty long, but I'd just use my best judgement. Like if you don't feel comfortable having 4 yd long straps, make them shorter.
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
ISwearImSane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,294,967,295
You're right. I looked around and I think I found a pattern that'd work. Maybe. With modifications ^_^
It's called "Jalie Sewing Pattern #2795" and I downloaded the pattern. DOes anyone else think itd work?
Link: http://www.jalie.com/sewingpatterns/.../back/2795.pdf

Yeah, I'll probably start them out being 4 yards long, and if I feel I need to, Ill shorten them.
ISwearImSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
Raknorak
Flyer than Mr. T
 
Raknorak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 120
If your concern with the straps being so long is that they'll be dangerous (they will be), you can clip them onto your pants in the belt loops. That way they'll be up off the ground, and when you take pictures just unhook and toss them.
__________________
Cons: Sakura-con (done), Anime Evolution (Pending Passport), Kumori-con, Aki-con
Raknorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
ISwearImSane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,294,967,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raknorak View Post
If your concern with the straps being so long is that they'll be dangerous (they will be), you can clip them onto your pants in the belt loops. That way they'll be up off the ground, and when you take pictures just unhook and toss them.
That's the main reason why I was concerned. (I mean, I don't want to be tripped or trip anyone.) I thought about that, clipping them to the loops. WHat kind of hooks do you think I should use? Hooks like the ones that are actually on his straps (which is what I was thinking of using) or hooks that'll clip on?
ISwearImSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer
 
SailorAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISwearImSane View Post
You're right. I looked around and I think I found a pattern that'd work. Maybe. With modifications ^_^
It's called "Jalie Sewing Pattern #2795" and I downloaded the pattern. DOes anyone else think itd work?
Link: http://www.jalie.com/sewingpatterns/.../back/2795.pdf

Yeah, I'll probably start them out being 4 yards long, and if I feel I need to, Ill shorten them.
That will probably work. And if you'll be clipping the belts up to keep them off the floor, you'll probably want ones that close. Yes, it will be inaccurate, but it'll be functional and safer overall.
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
ISwearImSane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,294,967,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorAnime86 View Post
That will probably work. And if you'll be clipping the belts up to keep them off the floor, you'll probably want ones that close. Yes, it will be inaccurate, but it'll be functional and safer overall.
Okay, I'll use that pattern, then. Yeah, I think I'll go with the ones that clip. I'd rather not get hurt or ruin (by ruin i mean if they get stepped on and ripped off) my outfit the first time I present it. Thanks for the advice ^_^
ISwearImSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.