Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 08-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
AmetenshiK
-----

Myaku Totchi

Hello ^^;

I know it's an unpopular costume, but, my friend asked me to be in her DEG cosplay group as Toshiya, and I'm having trouble with his hair from the Myaku video. If anybody has tips or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myaku_totchi.jpg (196.0 KB, 48 views)

Unread 08-04-2003, 10:56 PM   #2
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Big ol' wool hair extensions! I don't have a link handy, but they really would be good for the cos. (And unpopular how?? *curious*)
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
Kaede
biku biku

Yeah there must be a good 15 Myaku Totchi cosplayers on cosplay.com alone...but anyways ragdolly.com is a good place to look for them. I helped a friend customize hers, and all it took was a little fluffing to make the middle of the dread look thicker and the ends taper off.
Kaede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #4
camuigackt

meh... me being the cheap fuck i am, i personally was just gonna fuck up some wadded yarn for the hair (that is, whenever i got around to actually making it) and sewing them into a wig cap
camuigackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 07:13 AM   #5
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

I've heard very mixed reviews from people ordering from ragdolly - either they are very happy with her service, or completely infuriated by it. It seems to depend on whether you catch the owner on a good day or not. When I did this costume (which is definitely NOT unpopular!), I had a set of custom dreadfalls made by Doc Locks at www.drlocks.net - she also sells supplies and instructions for making your own if you prefer - and a set of blue clip-in bangs, also from Doc. Can't recommend her highly enough; I had everything within a week of sending payment, and the dreads were simply gorgeous, beautiful quality, fabulous color. I sold them with the rest of the costume after I'd worn it a few times, but damn I miss them.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:15 AM   #6
AmetenshiK
-----

Quote:
Originally posted by Koumori
I've heard very mixed reviews from people ordering from ragdolly - either they are very happy with her service, or completely infuriated by it. It seems to depend on whether you catch the owner on a good day or not. When I did this costume (which is definitely NOT unpopular!), I had a set of custom dreadfalls made by Doc Locks at www.drlocks.net - she also sells supplies and instructions for making your own if you prefer - and a set of blue clip-in bangs, also from Doc. Can't recommend her highly enough; I had everything within a week of sending payment, and the dreads were simply gorgeous, beautiful quality, fabulous color. I sold them with the rest of the costume after I'd worn it a few times, but damn I miss them.
Thank you so much! I actually went to drlocks.net the other day, but I didn't know they did custom ones on there, though! And to tell you why it's unpopular at this point-it's probably the most over-done Totchi cosplay out there, but I'm in a Myaku cosplay group. Anyways, thank you everybody who helped me!
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #7
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by AmetenshiK
Thank you so much! I actually went to drlocks.net the other day, but I didn't know they did custom ones on there, though!
She does; you just have to ask her.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:57 AM   #8
AmetenshiK
-----

That I will do , when the time comes, I won't need them until Anime Boston, anyways :P
AmetenshiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
Kaede
biku biku

Ooo another deg group for AB! I'll (hopefully) be in a full Osaka jo Hall group so can't wait to see you there.
Kaede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:14 PM   #10
AmetenshiK
-----

Oohh cool ^^; Woohoo for J-Rock cosplayers! ^_^; I was so happy last year when there were tons of them! I was surprised to see that many!
Unread 08-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #11
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Gah, a Myaku group? I want pictures! e.e; Hehe. This is one of my favorites of Toshiya's outfits. It's very blue. XD Good luck with it!
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2003, 09:34 PM   #12
AmetenshiK
-----

Hehe, thank you ^^; I hope it turns out good >< And I hope I can afford the wig. Beh. If I go broke I'll just have to settle with colored hair spray and pomade. God I hope that doesn't happen.
Unread 08-09-2003, 10:44 AM   #13
manaxmana
Strawberry Gashes

i used mohair and hand made dreadlocks out of them. they turn out pretty good ^-^

Here's a great site to start on your wig... >> http://www.btinternet.com/~quinnster1/hair/dreads.html

Ne.. unpopular?!?!? >.< whhhyyyyy...?
manaxmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2003, 10:45 AM   #14
AmetenshiK
-----

Ohh....good site ^^; Thank you! ^^; Everybody here is so much smarter than me
Unread 08-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #15
die-sama
xxxxx

i must say that i do believe Myaku toshiya is the most popular toshiya cosplay @_@ i've seen more of it than anything else.

*falls over*

almost as popular as Cage kyo
die-sama is offline   Reply With Quote