Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 08-06-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
Argento
ff9 fantard

Ocarina wig

Can someone help me with what to use to construct this wig? I want it to be relatively full and not scraggly, but not super-expensive, as I'm kinda on a tight budget for the costume.

http://www.geocities.com/vohkotatsu/Manga/manga29.jpg

Here's a link to a character picture.

Thanks a ton.

Anime Central:Albert de Morcef (pirate version); Sakura Shinguji; Madam Red; White Mage
Argento is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

You can get a perfect matching bob wig in that color and then tease the hair back and then shape it into spikes with hairspray...and or gel and everything else...cheap hairspray is the key and use a blowdryer to dry the hairspray and instant hold...should work well.
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Argento
ff9 fantard

Thank-you so much! I need to keep it cheap cause I'll be making two of them... one for me, and one for my friend.

Anime Central:Albert de Morcef (pirate version); Sakura Shinguji; Madam Red; White Mage
Unread 08-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #4
Scortia

lmao! I just styled an Ocarina wig for myself! ^^;; Well, my situation was different. I had a leftover turquoise bob wig that didn't work for another costume. I severely layered it, teased it with a wash of watered-down glue, and then I put acrylic paint in it thinly to make the color more blue. I'm pretty satisfied,... with just some hair spray and more teasing, it should defy gravity at a con. Where are you wearing Ocarina to? I'll be wearing mine at Ushicon. ^.^ .. as long as I can get the last bit of fat off my hips before wearing that bit of loincloth-on-a-string. O.O
Unread 08-08-2003, 10:07 PM   #5
Argento
ff9 fantard

I'm wearing her to SugoiCon. =^^= I'm confident I can lose enough weight to wear it well. The wings are gonna be fuuuunn.XD