Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 08-06-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
Serria
tea-drinker

Aeris's staff..

I didn't see a thread about this, and I really want to try and make one.. so... How do you all go about making Aeris's staff? I was thinking about trying to make one with wood and styrofoam, but I don't know how well that would work. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated!
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

For her Guard Stick, try using different sized PVC pipes and silver spraypaint. ^_^ You'll probably have to cut 'em yourself-- if you don't have a saw at home, there should be a saw at your local Home Depot that they let their customers use, right in the aisle. For the Materia, you can just stick on those flat little marbles (you can get 'em at any craft store).

For any of her other staves, you can use PVC for the main part of the rod again-- for the top design, you can either cut plastic or thin foam into your desired shape. If using foam, paint it with a few layers of acrylic paint (spraypaint will usually just eat right through!). Just let your creativity guide you. ^_^

If you're in a hurry for a weapon... You can also pick up a Purple Parasol... It looks like it has a little white duck on the handle with an orange beak, which you can maybe make out of sculpey clay. ^_^ (LOL, my boyfriend won it for me in the Speed Square at the Gold Saucer, and we stopped the battle so many times trying to figure out what was on the end!)

Last edited by Mizuho : 08-06-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 07:46 AM   #3
Serria
tea-drinker

Thanks, Mizuho! ^__^ I will definatly try that.
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote