Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Raven_Harlequin

Star Wars - Lekku Help?

I've been thinking about cosplaying a Twi'lek, but I've come across the issue of the Lekku... I do know how to sew, but I don't want them to be fabric. I also have absolutely NO experience with sculpting so there goes that option. I tried searching ebay and google for sites that will commission and sell them, but I've had no luck there. Does anyone know a place that sells them? I would prefer to buy them than make them....
Raven_Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

I've seen fabric ones that were painted and looked fantastic.

Here's one maker of latex ones in the comments of someone's project on here : http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1586683/

I imagine they require good storage and are more delicate than fabric ones. I would go for fabric just because I know my storage habits boil down to "lay wig across back seat".
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:03 AM   #3
Raven_Harlequin

I actually came across Pam's site and sent her an email asking how much she charges. I actually prefer the latex over fabric because they move more realistically... storage isn't much of an issue for me. The hard part will be the painting! I've never used an airbrush before so I'll have to practice a bit before actually doing it.

Now I have an issue with finding a 17" blade shoto. ultrasabers.com is sooo awesome, but I think the shortest blade they have is a 24".
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #4
Darth Sunshine

I highly recommend Pam's Lekku. I used them for my Mission Vao costume and I love them. Airbrushing one color across a surface is pretty easy. Details and what not get a little more tricky.
Darth Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Raven_Harlequin

This was a big spur of the moment decision to be a Twi'lek. I'm creating an original character and still thinking of details... what colour will I be? What is my history? What will be my personality? Will I be Jedi or Fallen? All I know right now is that I will have a lightsaber and a shoto, both orange. You say you bought from Pam before? How much does she charge for her Lekku?
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Darth Sunshine

It was two years ago, so I don't really remember. The pricing may have changed since then any way. She was very quick to respond to me when I commissioned from her, so if you've sent her an email, it shouldn't be long before you hear back from her.
Darth Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Raven_Harlequin

I still haven't gotten a reply back yet from Pam, but I'm in no big hurry. I plan on doing this cosplay for next years comic-con. I think I might go with a white skin with black tattoos and make-up.

EDIT: She just got back to me and she's selling them for $95 +shipping. For $15 more she'll stuff it with beads, batting, and foam and for $30 more she'll trim the mold seams and add seal/disguise the imperfections.

Really not bad at all considering how much time and effort she's put into this project.

Last edited by Raven_Harlequin : 06-07-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Unread 06-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Apostile

I do know how to sew, but I don't want them to be fabric. I also have absolutely NO experience with sculpting so there goes that option. I tried searching ebay and google for sites that will commission and sell them
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Skarlette1

Lightbulb Cush Pillow Lekku

I have been thinking about this very thing for a few days now, and decided that I would like to try and make the lekku headpiece with that fabric they used to make those "cush" pillows we grew up with. The squishy, cozy ones with the foam in them? But I haven't figured out where to buy the material.
I want to do Vette from the Old Republic, so I'm working through to match colors in my head with paint, fabric, body paint etc....
One of the best ways to create this kind of lekku would be to cut out the dimensions so they are only stitched up one side, and then stitch them while it is inside out, and as you stuff your lekku, do it slowly, while pushing the fabric right-side-in so you don't have too many bulges or gaps not properly stuffed.
Skarlette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
avalonL

I am looking to make a pair of these myself for two of the twi'lek characters, Vette, and Darth Talon. I planned on doing mine out of foam so they are super bouncy. Have you found any luck with foam ideas? I found good foam called cold foam, super soft, though its a liquid so it would need to be poured into something. So now, I am working on a making a mold. Keep us updated, ive love to hear more ideas you may have for leeku crafting!
avalonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #11
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Harlequin View Post
I still haven't gotten a reply back yet from Pam, but I'm in no big hurry. I plan on doing this cosplay for next years comic-con. I think I might go with a white skin with black tattoos and make-up.

EDIT: She just got back to me and she's selling them for $95 +shipping. For $15 more she'll stuff it with beads, batting, and foam and for $30 more she'll trim the mold seams and add seal/disguise the imperfections.

Really not bad at all considering how much time and effort she's put into this project.
I know! When I got my quote I suspected easily twice that.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Amanita

I have a set of Pam's Lekku..They're quite nice! As for a short lightsaber blade, if you email Ultrasabers and ask, I am sure they will do a short blade for you. I'd suggest one of the initiate-size hilts, I just bought a limited edition dark initiate V3 (Black with silver grooves), and I love the thing.

Pam's lowered her prices since I bought mine- I suspect it might be because she's selling a lot of pairs, and can afford to drop them a bit. They are well worth it!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
Penlowe

I'm reworking last years Jedi costume, adding a lot of style elements introduced by SWToR, but more or less my own creation. Wish more friends enjoyed it as much as I did, I could have kept playing if I had a group still.

Anyone have any screen shots from in game? and or where the files are hidden? I know I did some screen caps but for the life of me can't find them in my computer. Blizzard calls that file "screen shots", good going EA....