Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 08-07-2003, 01:46 AM   #1
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

Buying(PLZ FORGIE ME LORD) Cloud wig cause i have given up on making one

i have gone through 6 wigs now and I HAVE GIVEN UP ON MAKING ONE so does anyone have a wig or know of someone or know's a site that is selling a wig?im looking form anywhere between 20-50 bucks(btw this is the cloud from ff7)
MiyamatoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

You can try commission a styled wig from http://www.katiebair.com/wigs.html, but she's booked until next year. If this is for this year, then that will not be satisfactory.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

I don't think you'll be able to find something already styled and of a good quality for that kind of money, but you can definitely look at Katie's site to see the one she's made already and a brief blurb on what she used to style it.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 12:41 PM   #4
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

heh money is tight for me so i need it buy Fanime 2k4 which is the nect con i am going to. And im not looking for like a professional one, if any cosplayer is elling the wig, thats what im looking for.
Unread 08-07-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
Gren
Gender Bender

What on earth are you doing to these wigs that they're being ruined? Normal styling products should be able to wash out. Are you trying to blowtorch them into place?
°_ °

Last edited by Gren : 08-07-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Gren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

heh no, im just not any good at stuff like that, the wig always sets wrong and it dosnt turn out right . . . . .
Unread 08-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

gah~~ if only i had the time i'd do it for you...(not being much help here...)must do comic work this month...
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 04:33 PM   #8
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

heh i will be using it at Fanime and that is about 6-9 months away. so if you DO want to make it, i would pay you if you did(obviously)
Unread 08-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #9
Gren
Gender Bender

Well, if it doesn't set right, can't you just swish the wig in water, to clean it off and then start over? Or is the actual style of wig inpossible to shape into spikes withough weird bald spots?
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #10
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

the actual style of the wig is hard to shape into spikes without bald spots, but i cant find the right place to but the wig i would need and my mom is a paranoid about buying stuff off the net. So what am i supposed to do?
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:50 PM   #11
Gren
Gender Bender

Well. if you havem't tossed the wigs out, you coudl always cut them up and sew them together into a frankenstein wig. Ig you look at a wig closely, you'll see that the hair has been sewn into strips, called wefts. You can cut these out, and then sew them (by hand) onto another wig, to fill in it's bald spots. My Sora wig is made from scratch using hair that I wefted, sewn into an individual spiral shape for each spike, but you could probably get by just fine with just stiching hair into the gaps.
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:09 PM   #12
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

thats all good and dandy but . . . . .i cant sow >.< and i dont know anyone who can
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

gren considering your idea that would work loverly for a spike cardboard one.. oh and MiyamatoMusashi well see if I can do it. Just right now I'm bogged down in comic work for my group... I've got 3 comics that I need done by december...but I think it's possible. but considering fanime is a whiles away I think I can make good on it.... ciao
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #14
Gren
Gender Bender

Sewing by hand is easssy! Especially when your stiches won't be seen.

Just poke the thread through the needle and then, holding the loose end (that you just threaded through the needle's eye) extend your arm as far as is comfortable, and cut the thread off the spool. This will give you two thread ends hanging down through the needle.

Hold the wig in your off hand and position the weft where you would like it to begin. put your best hand, holding the needle, under the wig, and poke the needle through the netting, and through the weft, up to the top. This may take a few tries in the begining, while you're honing in your eye hand coordination. Be careful of where your off hand is! It hurts to stab yourself with a needle!

Move your hand from under the wig, to on top of it, and pull the needle and thread through, until there is about 2 inches left on the underside of the wig. Turn the needle around and poke it down, through the weft. move your hand back below the wig, and pull the needle through until there is no more loop up at the top of the thread. Be careful while doing this, as sometimes, thread will try to spntaneously knot, if it's too long.

Flip the wig over, and tie the 2 inches and the long part of the thread securely into a knot. From here, you just have to poke through the weft and netting, up and down, until you only have 2 inches or so of thread left.

Tie thr thread off into a knot (make sure this is on the u nderside of the wig again!) and then trim both thread ends so there is only a centimeter or two left. Careful of trimming them too closely, there's always the possibility that your knot may slip loose under pressure, if you trim the thread really close to the knot.

Rethread the needle, and repeat! It seems like a lot when written out likt that, but it's super easy! Try to keep your stiches to about the length of a _ and you should be fine.
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:44 PM   #15
MiyamatoMusashi
Fallen Arch Angel Raziel

would i be able to do it with two wigs? i dont have that much hair on either of them, and a lot of it is clumped together too. will i still be able to do it?