Otakon 2014 Awarded Best Singer
Nekocon 2014 2nd place
Katsucon 2015 1st Place
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

WHELP, BUYING A PS QUAD!

Well for this, Last Guardian and a few other exclusives.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2015, 12:58 AM   #4
Crusader_8
"Let Reason Prevail"

FFVII, Last gord-ian, and Stert Ferter Ferv (SFV) are why I'm getting a ps4 now
AMA 2012 1st place
Nekocon 2012 1st place
AMA 2013 1st Place
Nekocon 2014 2nd place
Katsucon 2015 1st Place
Unread 06-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

I noticed a severe lack of Shenmue 3 from both of you.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

I'm surprised Shenmue 3 got so much support! I still need to finish 2, but that requires an ancient XBox.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

PFFFT, way to let hype take you over.

This is being made by the people who think FF XIII was a good game.

Have fun with your "better gameplay" AKA we're going to ruin the materia system, remove equipment, let you only play as Cloud, etc.

So no, I'm not excited, because Square has done nothing recently to give me a reason to be excited.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #8
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

I'll still only buy a PS4 after this, Nier 2, and The Last Guardian are already released for it. I was looking forward to TLG and "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" on my PS3. Not getting fooled again.
Unread 06-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
Crusader_8
"Let Reason Prevail"

I remember back when I worked at Gamestop and they wanted us to get people to pre-order Last Guardian... many lol's were had
AMA 2012 1st place
Nekocon 2012 1st place
AMA 2013 1st Place
Nekocon 2014 2nd place
Katsucon 2015 1st Place
Unread 06-25-2015, 01:42 AM   #10
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
PFFFT, way to let hype take you over.

This is being made by the people who think FF XIII was a good game.

Have fun with your "better gameplay" AKA we're going to ruin the materia system, remove equipment, let you only play as Cloud, etc.

So no, I'm not excited, because Square has done nothing recently to give me a reason to be excited.
Although some of Nomura's comments about changes to the game have me worried, Square understands how beloved this game is, and how much fans will freak out about the game's most minor changes. He did say that the game's goofier moments will remain intact, however, so expect to see

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Cloud roaming around half-naked men to find panties in the Honey Bee Inn, Cloud in a dress, and Cloud's date with Barret in the Golden Saucer,
all in beautiful HD 1080p photorealistic glory.

Anyway, here's my only hopes for the game.

1. Yuffie and Vincent become mandatory characters. As much as I dislike both of them, they've become an integral part of the FFVII story and the fandom.

2. Full Voice Acting. The trailer was narrated by George Newbern (Sephiroth) so it looks like he's back, and you can expect Steve Burton to return as Cloud. Other than that, things are totally up in the air - don't expect to see Christy Carlson Romano or Rachael Leigh Cook back. That said, apparently Nomura has a hand in choosing his VAs in both Japanese and English, so maybe the Advent Children/Crisis Core/Dirge/Kingdom Hearts cast will return, I don't know.

3. Full Orchestrated music. And do not let ANYONE but Uematsu touch it. Give him a blank check. I know he's not with Square anymore but this game is way too important to have anyone else touch the score. Hamauzu wishes he was half the composer the Black Mage is.

I'm sure some retcons for some of the Compilation will be thrown in, but I swear to Gaia, if I see Genesis, I'm going to fly to Japan and punch Gackt in his 1,000 year old vampire face. Hopefully the translation gets an overhaul too, but it would be fun to still see Aeris/Aerith (hoping they go with the former, but they're probably going with the latter) pointing out that this guy are sick. Y'know, for old times' sake.

(BTW, man it is great to have the old band back together! I kind of hope our resident FFVII fangirl Serria stops by.)

Last edited by Quantum9 : 06-25-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #11
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Yes but you also need to realize that Square really hates making games longer than one disc these days, so let me ask you:

Would 100% of the content make it into the game with the size limitations?

The answer is obvious, NO.

So you can kiss things good bye, reduced bestiary, reduced amount of materia, reduced or completley removed equipment, mini games removed, etc.

They would rather have a game with all cutscenes in tact than all gameplay in tact.

This could easily be solved by making it a multi disc game yes, and they also should know that if they screw this up, We will never forgive them.
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #12
Crusader_8
"Let Reason Prevail"

reduced materia is fine, because a lot of the materia was useless junk

like, who really wasted their time casting demi

for real
AMA 2012 1st place
Nekocon 2012 1st place
AMA 2013 1st Place
Nekocon 2014 2nd place
Katsucon 2015 1st Place
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #13
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Yes but you also need to realize that Square really hates making games longer than one disc these days, so let me ask you:

Would 100% of the content make it into the game with the size limitations?

The answer is obvious, NO.

So you can kiss things good bye, reduced bestiary, reduced amount of materia, reduced or completley removed equipment, mini games removed, etc.

They would rather have a game with all cutscenes in tact than all gameplay in tact.

This could easily be solved by making it a multi disc game yes, and they also should know that if they screw this up, We will never forgive them.
You do realize that FMVs accounted for most of the data usage on FF7's three discs, right? They could easily accomplish a 1-disc remake since almost all of those cutscenes could be done in-engine AND look 10x better than pre-rendered footage from back in the day.

On a completely different note, unrelated to disc space limitations in any way, I honestly wouldn't mind a reduced number of Materia since half of them in FF7 were either useless or completely broken. (i.e. equip Final Attack + Phoenix, bravo, the game loses, give yourself a pat on the back.)
Unread 06-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #14
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I'll still only buy a PS4 after this, Nier 2, and The Last Guardian are already released for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
WHELP, BUYING A PS QUAD!

Well for this, Last Guardian and a few other exclusives.
Logged in to say something super snarky about this. But I'll limit myself to - I'll believe it when I see it and until then I'm not going to waste any time thinking about it. Too busy looking forward to Nier 2 (with Okabe composing) and Dark Souls III (with Miyazaki back at the helm).

And why the hell aren't any of you mentioning Bloodborne? O.k., I accept that it might not be enough for people not named The Hag to buy a PS4 just for that title but it certainly should be mentioned in the same breath as Nier 2, a FF remake and a game that may not ever actually exist when talking about reasons to buy a PS4.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #15
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
You do realize that FMVs accounted for most of the data usage on FF7's three discs, right? They could easily accomplish a 1-disc remake since almost all of those cutscenes could be done in-engine AND look 10x better than pre-rendered footage from back in the day.

On a completely different note, unrelated to disc space limitations in any way, I honestly wouldn't mind a reduced number of Materia since half of them in FF7 were either useless or completely broken. (i.e. equip Final Attack + Phoenix, bravo, the game loses, give yourself a pat on the back.)
So instead of the game looking good at random times like the original, it can look good for the entire game on one disc?

Wrong.

Where the original had lots of data in large chunks (FMV's) which required the multiple discs, a remake will need it constantly, think of it as an uphill road, rather than a road with speed bumps. With the amount of detail needed, the disc would run out of space around Cosmo Canyon, maybe Wutai, unless they pulled a FF X, and got rid of the world map. Counting motion capturing for cutscenes, voice acting, lighting, etc. sorry but no, this game is not going to fit on one disc unless you cut content.