Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #2926
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Detectives Green and Blue
I like these guys because their character sprites look like Phoenix Wright and Winston Payne. Their face pictures don't look anything like them, though.

Also, I love Bailey and his "panic dance".

To stay on topic, I need to replay all the Ace Attorney games, maybe even including Apollo Justice. I need to refresh my memory of this series while trying to hold myself over until Miles Edgeworth 2 gets released in an English-speaking region. I swear, one of these days I'm going to learn Japanese just so I could play Japanese games.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #2927
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Dat mavhal.

I played about 40 matches last night, all of them had a Ryu or Akuma. Super boring.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #2928
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

As usual, I'm playing my Japanese copy of Valkyria Chronicles III. And I'm also playing Killzone 3! The campaign's story sucked, but it was still fun to play. I love how a whole bunch of languages are on one disc too, so I'm currently replaying the campaign in Japanese.

The main draw of Killzone 3 is of course, the multiplayer, which is significantly better than the second one's, especially since you can't just spawn at the objectives anymore with the tactical smoke grenade. That made things way too chaotic.

I especially love how people who do well in the Operations game mode get featured in cut-scenes throughout the battle. Feels good bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I love Bailey and his "panic dance".
I really want to learn that dance.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 02-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #2929
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Dat mavhal.

I played about 40 matches last night, all of them had a Ryu or Akuma. Super boring.
At least they didn't all have Sentinel. (If they did, you would have mentioned it)
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #2930
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Eh, I think we, as a community, have all realized that, while still good, sentinel is not as godly as everyone thought he was when the game came out.

And I can put him down with my team, so I don't care.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #2931
4ng31
meh.

So...Pink Sweets is hard as HELL (or rather, it forces you to play a style I've never played in my life....)

Thoroughly enjoying Muchi Muchi Pork! though...from what I saw of it, I didn't know if I'd like it, but it's turning out to be a fantastic little game.
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #2932
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ng31 View Post
So...Pink Sweets is hard as HELL (or rather, it forces you to play a style I've never played in my life....)

Thoroughly enjoying Muchi Muchi Pork! though...from what I saw of it, I didn't know if I'd like it, but it's turning out to be a fantastic little game.
They're both Raizing-style shmups directed by Yagawa. i.e. same play style as Ibara. Only take what you need, like I said, since every item you grab raises rank, which reflects how many bullets will be coming your way and possibly new boss attacks for really greedy people to deal with. For a good primer on managing rank, play Arrange mode in Ibara, since you have a visible rank meter, and can lower it by grabbing roses, which doesn't lower rank at all in Arcade mode. Rank also rises much faster in Ibara's Arrange mode, so the drastic difference between low-rank sparse bullets and high-rank clusterfucks is noticeable pretty quickly. (Again, balanced out by the ability to drastically reduce it with well-timed bombs to get roses)

Last edited by Zweihander : 02-24-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #2933
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
They're both Raizing-style shmups directed by Yagawa. i.e. same play style as Ibara. Only take what you need, like I said, since every item you grab raises rank, which reflects how many bullets will be coming your way and possibly new boss attacks for really greedy people to deal with. For a good primer on managing rank, play Arrange mode in Ibara, since you have a visible rank meter, and can lower it by grabbing roses, which doesn't lower rank at all in Arcade mode. Rank also rises much faster in Ibara's Arrange mode, so the drastic difference between low-rank sparse bullets and high-rank clusterfucks is noticeable pretty quickly. (Again, balanced out by the ability to drastically reduce it with well-timed bombs to get roses)
See, I'm just playing the Arcade versions of each (mainly because I don't know what exactly Arrange Mode changes)...but the biggest difference between Pink Sweets & original Ibara, no bombing/bombs...but more so, don't shoot and you can absorb "some" bullet types (and you can plant it to absorb bullets...sort of like Bond's charge bomb on ship 2 in Ibara).

It's just...different. I'm getting the hang of it (and the difference between the different girls), but they've added a "difficulty" bar, which, unless it's just bullshit, seems to balance the game more so on how well you do rather than pick-ups (as pick-ups don't seem to have the same effect...aka, one spread turns you into beast mode and the rest after are just "power ups").

I do like it, it's just different.
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #2934
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

*sigh* wish i was playing muchi muchi pork and pink sweets... but alas... i forgot my copy at work my boyfriend came by with my copy on his way to work... and in my rush to go home, i left it in the back room oh well... i know what i'll be playing when i get home tomorrow!

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #2935
MemoryOfAlessa
The World Died Out

Juggling Parasite Eve with some Silent Hill 4: The Room, which I have to say, is giving me some serious post traumatic stress disorder. DX
¤ Alice Abernathy [Resident Evil: Extinction] 0%

"Too much water play and the monster will come."
MemoryOfAlessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #2936
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ng31 View Post
See, I'm just playing the Arcade versions of each (mainly because I don't know what exactly Arrange Mode changes)...but the biggest difference between Pink Sweets & original Ibara, no bombing/bombs...but more so, don't shoot and you can absorb "some" bullet types (and you can plant it to absorb bullets...sort of like Bond's charge bomb on ship 2 in Ibara).

It's just...different. I'm getting the hang of it (and the difference between the different girls), but they've added a "difficulty" bar, which, unless it's just bullshit, seems to balance the game more so on how well you do rather than pick-ups (as pick-ups don't seem to have the same effect...aka, one spread turns you into beast mode and the rest after are just "power ups").

I do like it, it's just different.
Ah, didn't know those details about MMP and PS. Just knew they were Yagawa shmups so I was expecting more of the same. (which I have no problem with, since as much as I love Cave, I prefer Raizing-style stuff over any of Cave's FULL-STAGE CHAININ' shit.) Dodonpachi Dai-Fukkatsu Black Label is fun as hell, though. It pays to have a Jap 360. Apparently they got Yagawa to change the gameplay up, which would explain the rank gauge. (It raises whenever you're using rapid shot and laser at the same time) Has a "Ketsuipachi" arrange mode which plays like Ketsui, but gives you six Options instead of four, combines it with DFK's hyper gauge and Black Label's rank gauge, and lets you get up to x10 chips instead of the original x5 ones. Great remix of Ketsui's soundtrack, too. I still prefer the original Ketsui (personal favorite bullet hell game), but DFK's arrange mode is Ketsui on steroids.
Unread 02-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #2937
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Finished my first playthrough of 999. Hooray for games that make you play through them several times before you figure out what's going on!
Unread 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #2938
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finished Ghost Trick. <3<3<3

Quote:
Ghost trick is selling like crap in all regions right now.
That makes me sad because I would love to see a Ghost Trick 2. Overall, me being me, I would have liked a little more puzzle and a little less text, but really - I loved it. The puzzles were really fun and challenging - even with all the hints. I loved the ending.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Like you guys, I was guessing that Sissel was an alternate universe Yomiel, but I loved, LOVED, that he was the cat! Partly because I had really been wondering about the Missile/Sissel rhyme. There had to be some relationship, right? And that they were a dog and a cat! Awesome. And Missile waiting TEN YEARS?! TWICE!

And I really enjoyed the game mechanic. I would have liked to seen them use the top screen more creatively, but that was really my only criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Hooray for games that make you play through them several times before you figure out what's going on!
Dude. You HAVE to play Nier.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #2939
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Dat mavhal.

Mine usually have both. And Logan. Which explains WHY I have a decent record on PSN. Seriously why do people think the shotos are good in the game, especially when Storm, 50 Sent, Magneto, Dante, Iron Man, Wesker, Chris,Arthur, Ammy, Deadpool all have faster projectiles, and NONE of them can touch a good Spidey in Beast Mode (X-Factor) with his delicious beat down/air launcher combos.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #2940
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post

And Missile waiting TEN YEARS?! TWICE!
This is what makes Missile the most badass character in the game. I loved him when they first showed him, but then loved him even more when

he had super cool ghost powers, and was perfectly okay with being dead if it allowed him to help Kamilla. But then the icing on the cake was when it was revealed that he waited TEN YEARS and tricked you from the start of the game.

Also, dude, awesome avatar. I think I started a trend.

Quote:
Dude. You HAVE to play Nier.
lol Dude, this was my exact thought as I was starting my second playthrough of 999. I was thinking "wait, I never did play that game Hag and Zwei were telling me to. I wonder if I can buy it after work"