Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #2971
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I really wish Platinum would just admit that AR is really just Madworld 2. Which I'm fine with, coz I LOVE the hell out of MW. And I never knew I wanted an ultra-violent Powerstone, but I'm glad we're getting it
I've been considering it MadWorld 2. Whether it's MadWorld 2 or not though, I'm really looking forward to it!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #2972
squ33k t0y

Persona 4 :0

I'm late. xP

Cosplay/Art Tumblr

Last edited by squ33k t0y : 03-05-2011 at 03:45 PM.
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #2973
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squ33k t0y View Post

I'm late. xP
Dude I am playing a popular game from 1998 for the first time. Don't even talk about playing Persona 4 now being "late" to anything! Haha.

Not to mention I am only now playing Persona 3, albeit the later released portable version.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #2974
squ33k t0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Dude I am playing a popular game from 1998 for the first time. Don't even talk about playing Persona 4 now being "late" to anything! Haha.

Not to mention I am only now playing Persona 3, albeit the later released portable version.
Lol, awesome then xD!

I hope to eventually play Persona 3 assuming I can get a hold of the PS2 version. I don't own a PSP, unfortunatly. x.x

Cosplay/Art Tumblr
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #2975
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

ah mvc3 takes so much of my life away its sad I got Radiant Historia a few days ago to but its either MVC3 or Dragon saga right now for me and no other life lol
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #2976
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DOES PINK SWEETS HAVE TO BE SO HARD. WHY.
Even for a Yagawa game. Damn.
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #2977
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I've been considering it MadWorld 2. Whether it's MadWorld 2 or not though, I'm really looking forward to it!
Platinum is probably the only company who's stuff I will day 1 without any questions asked. The original Madworld, Bayonetta, and Vanquish were all rad as hell. I know I'm skipping over Infinite Space, but it's a DS space simulator/strategy game, so I'm sooo not the target audience for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squ33k t0y View Post

I'm late. xP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post

I own P3 and P4 for the PS2 and touched neither. I did d/l P3P off of PSN this past December though, and put about 51 hours into it so far, and coming up at the end. Hoping to beat it on the bus ride up to PAX East this week.

Also, shitty Thursday night/Friday was shitty, so I treated myself to some ME2 DLC, which I'm going to tear into after making my internet rounds.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #2978
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Platinum is probably the only company who's stuff I will day 1 without any questions asked. The original Madworld, Bayonetta, and Vanquish were all rad as hell. I know I'm skipping over Infinite Space, but it's a DS space simulator/strategy game, so I'm sooo not the target audience for that.
I still haven't bought Infinite Space, and I feel bad about it. I'm not the target audience either, but I feel like I need to buy this game out of loyalty to the company.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #2979
Kildread
I can fix it!

Final Fantasy 7.

I still don't like it much, but I figured I might as well clear the FF titles sitting in my 'unplayed' list as well as 13.

At least it will be a lot shorter considering I'm emulating it this time around and cheating the bejeezus out of it (As I will with 8 and 9).
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #2980
Xwolf Okami
I am kid. Hear me roar.

Playing the new Pokémon.

You know you've screwed up somewhere when it's the humans' designs I'm complaining about and not the Pokémon's. All of them are hideous.

Also, I am deeply perturbed at the fact that (I doubt that this is a spoiler, but to be safe)

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
all of the Pokémon's names are no longer all caps.

Whomever thought it was brilliant to have

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
to beat the first gym and do a bazillionty side-quests before being able to trade needs a good smack. As the kid who needs to have every starter, playing the first part of the game over and over should not be this tedious. Whatever happened to just reaching the next town to run that one errand for the Professor?

I N-P R O G R E S S C O S P L A Y:

AKITO WANIJIMA [AIR GEAR]. . . . . . . . . . . . .[95%]

RAND [DEMIKIDS]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [05%]

Last edited by Xwolf Okami : 03-06-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Xwolf Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #2981
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I still haven't bought Infinite Space, and I feel bad about it. I'm not the target audience either, but I feel like I need to buy this game out of loyalty to the company.
Indeed. If I find it for $20 or less I shall.

Also, my Mass Effect addiction? Back in full....EFFECT, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #2982
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I'm still playing Pokemon Bloody Platinum.

There are SO SO SO MANY THINGS TO DO that I swear it's like the game is trying to sidetrack me from playing through the storyline. I've been trying to catch a Mewtwo for about three weeks now, but I keep deciding I need all these different Pokemon with certain combinations of abilities and so I just end up playing in circles and never really getting anywhere. And now I've got this insane idea that I want to have a team of 5/6 of the Pseudo-Legendaries, just for the awesome factor.

Never gonna get that Mewtwo. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #2983
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DOES PINK SWEETS HAVE TO BE SO HARD. WHY.
Even for a Yagawa game. Damn.
Told you...shit is brutal man...

And on that note...downloaded DoDonPachi a couple days ago. Now I don't really know shit about the series, but I picked up the PS2 version...and it's pretty easy.

BUT...this is definitely not the same game as they released for the iPhone (and the one I've seen videos for which seemed A LOT harder)...so is there a port I'm missing somewhere(besides the 360 port...seeing as I don't have a Jap 360 yet)?
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #2984
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ng31 View Post
Told you...shit is brutal man...

And on that note...downloaded DoDonPachi a couple days ago. Now I don't really know shit about the series, but I picked up the PS2 version...and it's pretty easy.

BUT...this is definitely not the same game as they released for the iPhone (and the one I've seen videos for which seemed A LOT harder)...so is there a port I'm missing somewhere(besides the 360 port...seeing as I don't have a Jap 360 yet)?
DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou was fuckin' boss. Dai-Fukkatsu (or Resurrection) is the newer one for Xbox 360 and iPhone. (Black Label version recently came out for 360, has a mode that plays like Ketsui on steroids) Supposedly, SH3 hardware has been recently emulated, so you may be able to emulate ESPGaluda II/ DeathSmiles/ Mushihime-sama Futari/ DDP DFK/ etc. The 360 ports of DDP DFK (both Ver.1.5, which is the same as the iPhone version, and Black Label) are, unfortunately for most (who are interested in them, anyway), region-locked.

Also, Pink Sweets' brutality might be partially caused by CAVE BEING DERPTARDS AND REMOVING THE SLOWDOWN, thus making it far less arcade-perfect than it could have been (and 10x harder, in a bad way; hard enough already with the FUCKING R-TYPE rote memorization in the last two stages), plus both PS and MMP on that 2-pack seem to have slowdown hiccups which weren't present in the arcade versions. Cave had a pretty good track record of near-arcade-perfect ports on the 360, too, unless you count the slowdown removal in the US version of DeathSmiles... which was probably done by Aksys, to make them game more "appealing," while most fans criticized it for not including the arcade version's optimized slowdown. (Arika did a fantastic job of this when they ported DDP DOJ and ESPGaluda to the PS2, by the way.) I didn't have a problem with the removed slowdown in DeathSmiles, since the game is pretty easy in comparison to most of Cave's games, but Pink Sweets, man... Fuck 'em.

Last edited by Zweihander : 03-08-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #2985
Zerofox Kitsune
I am kid. Hear me roar.

I realise I'm very late to the party (too late, even), but I finally got my hands on a copy of Phantom Dust that isn't written on, torn to shreds, or sun-damaged.

I N - P R O G R E S S C O S P L A Y:
AGITO WANIJIMA [AIR GEAR]. . . . [95%]
GALE [DEMIKIDS]. . . . . . . . . . . . . .[05%]

Zerofox Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote