Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #2986
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Got to play Skull Dolls, Gears 3, Fire Pro Wrestling Live, SSFIV 3-D and the new Earth Defense Force this past weekend at PAX East, which was all sorts of crowded and glorious.

Skull Dolls, FPW and EDF are all day one buys for me. Gears 3 can wait, and I'm not buying another version of SF4.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #2987
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Mahvel.

And Beyond good and evil HD.

But mostly Mahvel

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #2988
Jothalion

Dragon Age II
Jothalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #2989
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Tron: Evolution for the 360. I'm almost near the end already and it hasn't felt like a very long game. It's pretty good except not much in the way of a thinking game.

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #2990
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

finishing up Okamiden, and sliding in some hours on Eternal Destiny since im getting God Eater Burst, and Dissidia 12 and AR Tonelico 3.

Such a time consuming week now especially with two Rpg, a fighter and playing an MMO
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #2991
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Honestly, I'm in the middle of playing Tactics Orge: Let us Cling Together, Jeanne d'Arc, and Prinny 2
The Seventh Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #2992
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Got to play Skull Dolls, Gears 3, Fire Pro Wrestling Live, SSFIV 3-D and the new Earth Defense Force this past weekend at PAX East, which was all sorts of crowded and glorious.

Skull Dolls, FPW and EDF are all day one buys for me. Gears 3 can wait, and I'm not buying another version of SF4.
How are the controls in SSFIV with the 3DS pad? Also, how's the 3D? I have a giddy school-girl crush on the 3DS and I still haven't played it yet!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #2993
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So yeah, remember the discussion we had about the 3DS a few months back about how I thought it was cool, but was very worried I wouldn't actually be able to see the 3D due to my eyes?

Confirmed. I can't see it at all. It looks like a normal screen when I'm perfectly aligned with it. So I'm not buying it until it's 120 dollars.

Unread 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #2994
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
So yeah, remember the discussion we had about the 3DS a few months back about how I thought it was cool, but was very worried I wouldn't actually be able to see the 3D due to my eyes?

Confirmed. I can't see it at all. It looks like a normal screen when I'm perfectly aligned with it. So I'm not buying it until it's 120 dollars.
This is pretty much why I'm getting nervous about the fact that I've already bought one but haven't even played one yet. I keep hoping that they'll set up demo kiosks around here so I can see if I can view the 3D or not.

If on the 27th I find out that I can't see shit, I'm going to be disappointed, but at the same time I'm mostly getting it for the games anyway.

Mesoian, I'm sorry you can't see it. Out of curiousity, do you wear corrective lenses or anything?
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #2995
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
How are the controls in SSFIV with the 3DS pad? Also, how's the 3D? I have a giddy school-girl crush on the 3DS and I still haven't played it yet!
While the game doesnt match the PS3/360 standard, the analong is RAD, and very similiar to the PSP one. Also, tiny 3DS is tiny.

Game handled well, but I imagine hour long sessions will lead to cramp hand city, usa.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #2996
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Also, tiny 3DS is tiny.
Dude, really? I was wondering about this because I saw a picture of someone holding it, and it looked kinda small. How big are the screens? Are they somewhere between the Lite and XL?

I swear, if the 3DS didn't exist I would have bought a DSiXL. Those screens are damn sexy.
Unread 03-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #2997
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Mesoian, I'm sorry you can't see it. Out of curiousity, do you wear corrective lenses or anything?
No, The last time I went to the optometrist (albeit this was years ago) I was basically told that nothing could be done and since I've dealt with it for this long, I can keep on dealing with it. In the back of my mind, I've been entertaining getting Lasik, if that would even do anything.

Unread 03-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #2998
Daqua4ever

Ahh.....I'm currently trying to get through Siren: Blood Curse with my cousin, and I've re-started Chrono Cross again after so many years.
Daqua4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #2999
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerofox Kitsune View Post
I realise I'm very late to the party (too late, even), but I finally got my hands on a copy of Phantom Dust that isn't written on, torn to shreds, or sun-damaged.
You are AWESOME. Friggin' shame you can't play it on Xbox Live anymore. Enjoy your vidya, though, and I hope some of your friends will be willing to take on the 30-60 minute learning curve so you can have some human competition. Damn, I love that game. Cleared the campaign in 30 hours (would have been 20 if I hadn't dicked around and replayed the hell out of some missions), then sunk over 70 hours into the multiplayer within a few months. Then my bros stopped wanting to play it against me. Protip: abusing the Dance of Death skill (attack power = the total damage of Ki skills in your other three skill slots, and it's reusable) is a surefire way to make people ragequit and never play against you again. ;_;
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #3000
Zerofox Kitsune
I am kid. Hear me roar.

Luckily I have a twin, so I always have some human competition. Once we've got a little more free time on our hands, we're gonna give it a go.

EDIT: Started to play the campaign to get a better handle on the controls. This is turning out to be awesome.

I N - P R O G R E S S C O S P L A Y:
AGITO WANIJIMA [AIR GEAR]. . . . [95%]
GALE [DEMIKIDS]. . . . . . . . . . . . . .[05%]

Last edited by Zerofox Kitsune : 03-16-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Zerofox Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote