Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #3091
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
Pokemon white.

This game starts off really really slowly. Why can I not run until 30 minutes into the game?
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #3092
Zweihander
Resident jerkface
 
Zweihander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,693
Wii - Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Red Steel 2, and Ivy the Kiwi
360 - ESPGaluda II Black Label
PSP - Just played an hour of The 3rd Birthday and promptly deleted the ISO from my memstick. Way to ruin Aya Brea's character along with the Parasite Eve franchise, Nomura.
PC - the usual TF2.
__________________
Kitty-ear hats for sale! Only $10! Available colors are black and pink.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #3093
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,129
Completed the "12 Chapter" for Dissidia0012, which was pretty much the story mode for Tifa/Kain/Laguna/Vaan/Light/Yuna, and suprisingly GRIMMDARK for a FF spin off. More will be explained if I follow up w/ the chapter 13, which is pretty much the original Dissidia with bonus content, but eff that, it's getting shelved.

I played exactly 30 somewhat minutes of the 3rd Birthday, and I'm digging it. Despite the camera being a little bit wonky at times, the actual gameplay is pretty fun, and a HUGE step up from 2. Plot wise- Aya's amnesic, it's been 10+ since the events in 2, and again I played 30 minutes of the game. Way too early for me to comment on the overall game. But the plot line itself is pretty sick, so I plan on putting in more time into it this weekend. I've got the feeling it's going to be better than 2 was overall, but not quite good as one overall, which sucks, but when you literally don't have the rights to refer to first 2 game's events (or some such), there's only so much one can do.

I also completed the new ME2 DLC "The Arrival", which took longer to d/l then it did to be. It's no "Lair of the Shadow Broker" so unless you're super hardcore about ME2, wait for a sale.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #3094
Zweihander
Resident jerkface
 
Zweihander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I played exactly 30 somewhat minutes of the 3rd Birthday, and I'm digging it. Despite the camera being a little bit wonky at times, the actual gameplay is pretty fun, and a HUGE step up from 2. Plot wise- Aya's amnesic, it's been 10+ since the events in 2, and again I played 30 minutes of the game. Way too early for me to comment on the overall game. But the plot line itself is pretty sick, so I plan on putting in more time into it this weekend. I've got the feeling it's going to be better than 2 was overall, but not quite good as one overall, which sucks, but when you literally don't have the rights to refer to first 2 game's events (or some such), there's only so much one can do.
DOHOHOHO... Wait until the big !!REVELATION!!, it's a fierce kick in the balls and makes PE2's story look excellent. (though admittedly, The 3rd Birthday's gameplay was definitely more fun than 2's.) I looked up the spoilers on The 3rd Birthday and I'm so glad I did. I would have shot myself if I actually 'earned' that knowledge.


SPOILER: (highlight to read)
That's not really Aya. It's Eve possessing Aya's body. Aya would never be such a moe~ blob after everything from PE1 and 2 hardened her like a 90-year-old on Viagra. Fuck's sake, Other M's Samus had more of a backbone. The real Aya is dead. But if you've waited until beating the game to read this, then you probably already knew that, and all of the Nomura-influenced retardation along the way, did you?
__________________
Kitty-ear hats for sale! Only $10! Available colors are black and pink.

Last edited by Zweihander : 04-01-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #3095
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
DOHOHOHO... Wait until the big !!REVELATION!!, it's a fierce kick in the balls and makes PE2's story look excellent. (though admittedly, The 3rd Birthday's gameplay was definitely more fun than 2's.) I looked up the spoilers on The 3rd Birthday and I'm so glad I did. I would have shot myself if I actually 'earned' that knowledge.
WHAT A TWEEST!

Also Brb, crying forever.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 04-01-2011 at 08:45 AM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #3096
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 675
aww ivy the kiwi. that game is fun
did anyone that was talking about monster tale pick it up? i'm curious as to how it is.
__________________
ACEN 2013

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #3097
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine
 
RaeSeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 317
Currently going between Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Both amazingly fantastic games, if a bit tedious.
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #3098
Zweihander
Resident jerkface
 
Zweihander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
aww ivy the kiwi. that game is fun
did anyone that was talking about monster tale pick it up? i'm curious as to how it is.
I still need to beat the last 40-50 stages. I love how the game is hardcore as fuck after stage 30 or so, yet they disguise it as a kid's game with that cover. Sorta brings me back to Mischief Makers and Silhouette Mirage. So cutesy, yet so balls-hard. (though honestly Ivy the Kiwi is harder than both of those combined) It's so basic, yet so satisfying. And DAT MUSIC... Love the visual style, as well.
__________________
Kitty-ear hats for sale! Only $10! Available colors are black and pink.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #3099
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...
 
DarkFujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I still need to beat the last 40-50 stages. I love how the game is hardcore as fuck after stage 30 or so, yet they disguise it as a kid's game with that cover. Sorta brings me back to Mischief Makers and Silhouette Mirage. So cutesy, yet so balls-hard. (though honestly Ivy the Kiwi is harder than both of those combined) It's so basic, yet so satisfying. And DAT MUSIC... Love the visual style, as well.
I have Ivy the Kiwi on the DS. Is the DS and Wii version the same thing, is one better than the other, is it worth getting both, etc?

Also, I didn't buy Henry Hatsworth for the longest time because I saw the boxart and dismissed it as a kiddie game. I'm glad I came to my senses and bought it, that game is so not a kiddie game.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #3100
Space Robot 5
Registered User
 
Space Robot 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Also, I didn't buy Henry Hatsworth for the longest time because I saw the boxart and dismissed it as a kiddie game. I'm glad I came to my senses and bought it, that game is so not a kiddie game.
Yes indeed. I would love to see a super hardcore M rated Henry Hatsworth where you must vanquish pompous gentlemen, overtake the tea industry, AND solve those puzzles simultaneously.

Has any every played Oni by Bungie? It's kinda old, like 2001 old. But it has a really cool fighting system. It was heavily influenced by Ghost in the Shell, so it's all cyberpunk and stuff. Thats what I'm doin right now.
Space Robot 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #3101
Zweihander
Resident jerkface
 
Zweihander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I have Ivy the Kiwi on the DS. Is the DS and Wii version the same thing, is one better than the other, is it worth getting both, etc?

Also, I didn't buy Henry Hatsworth for the longest time because I saw the boxart and dismissed it as a kiddie game. I'm glad I came to my senses and bought it, that game is so not a kiddie game.
They're the same game, same stages/ etc. The Wii version's advantage is better overall presentation with music/visuals, while the DS has the top screen's map going for it.

I enjoyed Henry Hatsworth somewhat, but I couldn't keep playing after a while because I wanted to see some kind of score for the Tetris Attack combos I was racking up. Just a personal issue with the game, though. It's still excellent, and brilliantly executed. Also DAT DIALOGUE, Henry was a surprisingly amusing chap.
__________________
Kitty-ear hats for sale! Only $10! Available colors are black and pink.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #3102
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I enjoyed Henry Hatsworth somewhat, but I couldn't keep playing after a while because I wanted to see some kind of score for the Tetris Attack combos I was racking up. Just a personal issue with the game, though. It's still excellent, and brilliantly executed. Also DAT DIALOGUE, Henry was a surprisingly amusing chap.
BULLY!

Still playing 3rd Birthday, because plot aside, it is the guiltiest of pleasures, and my wifey kinda wants to dress up as Aya for Halloween and take photos in the city.

She's a Samus and Quistis cosplay short of me achieving videya-waifu bingo.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #3103
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy
 
Archelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
She's a Samus and Quistis cosplay short of me achieving videya-waifu bingo.
Wha...?
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #3104
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...
 
DarkFujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,307
I want to cosplay SeeD Quistis, am I going to make a man happy some day?
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #3105
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,328
Playing through Final Faantasy 12: Revenant Wings on DS --- the handheld is still giving me hand cramps. The gameplay is OK --- kind of a mix between Growlanser and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Since it's on DS, it has to have the cutesy, light-hearted tone even in the game's more serious moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I want to cosplay SeeD Quistis, am I going to make a man happy some day?
Guaranteed that you will.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
UNIT0918
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.