Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #3616
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwolf Okami View Post
I busted out the Genesis today and played some Sonic 2 and Rocket Knight Adventures.
hngh, now I want to as well!

Unread 06-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #3617
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I was all set to make some progress on a copslay I'm working on, and found that I am out of fabric, thread, pattern paper and fabric paint.

Where the hell did it all go?!?

So I'm playing marvel before I go out apartment hunting and make a trip to dick blick.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #3618
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles again, and I mean completely from scratch (0 XP). I have to say I'm doing much better this time in terms of battle rankings, XP gain, and credits. In other words, it's amazing how much easier things go when you actually use Orders.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #3619
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Is that your dog irl? So cute!
No sadly it is an internet dog from the internets. Google "Dog Fort" for best results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
Wait, you actually like playing REmake and RE0 with a Wiimote and Nunchuk?

On another note, I thought I was the only person who bought the Wii ports.

(Yes, I am a whore. This was established a long time ago.)
I actually picked up the RE1 Wiimake last year and really didnt dig it, due to the control scheme. It was hard for me to go back to that play style after RE 4 and 5.

Currently picking up the Resistance PSP game, which isn't a bad game, but would have been a ton better if the PSP had 2 analogs.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #3620
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I actually picked up the RE1 Wiimake last year and really didnt dig it, due to the control scheme. It was hard for me to go back to that play style after RE 4 and 5.
I just play it with my Wavebird.

Which kind of defeats the purpose.

Um, at least there's no disc swapping?

>.>;;
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #3621
Kildread
I can fix it!

Wrapped up Dragon Age 2 --- my final verdict is that the game was awesome. I can say without a doubt I was much more interested in seeing the story of Kirkwall unfold than I was to see to the conclusion to the unstoppable wave of mindless orcs--- no wait, Darkspawn invade Ferelden.

It was also very pleasing to see character stories being much more focused, sometimes being central to the plot.

Love it, would play more. I'm even ready to forgive the DBZ-like final boss fight. Everyone I know personally told me the game sucked, they were all wrong.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Out of nowhere, I earned the respect of the Arishok and defeated him in single combat, it was pleasant to see more focus on the Qunari culture. I spared Anders and defended the mages in the conclusion, are there different endings? Mine was of the Champion leaving once Meredith was no longer a threat.

My standard party was of Isabela, Varric and Anders. Switching Aveline in at times.

This game approached a lot of different portions of the DA universe they've created --- very eager to see what they cook up in DA3.

Started Metro 2033 on 360, it has a... very S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-ish feel to it, minus the "mutated pigs in anomalies" thing.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #3622
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Wrapped up Dragon Age 2 --- my final verdict is that the game was awesome. I can say without a doubt I was much more interested in seeing the story of Kirkwall unfold than I was to see to the conclusion to the unstoppable wave of mindless orcs--- no wait, Darkspawn invade Ferelden.
I've almost at the end of Act II and feeling pretty down on the game.

I was not at all pleased when my mother got turned into a zombie by a serial killer mage.
Seriously - I don't want to play a horror game. And I'm getting weary of the battles that just throw wave after wave of enemies at you to the point of being redonk. Anyway - I'm on the road as of tomorrow and won't get back to it for a couple of weeks so my final opinion will have to wait.

Started warming up Project Diva. It's harder than I expected! I also had to go online to find out how to save! XD
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #3623
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post

I was not at all pleased when my mother got turned into a zombie by a serial killer mage.
Seriously - I don't want to play a horror game.
I found it to be a little out of nowhere, but at the same time --- it wasn't entirely a bad scene/quest resolution.

...though I play horror games as well, so I might just stomach those things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
And I'm getting weary of the battles that just throw wave after wave of enemies at you to the point of being redonk.
They're all like that, all the way up to the end. Seriously, I found myself having a LOT more fun discovering the entire DA2 setting and universe when I gave the finger to the battle system and mechanics.

That means I set the difficulty to 'Easy' and the only thing that needed some input past using potions was a High Dragon.

Granted, that doesn't say much about the game as an RPG over an adventure game --- I'm just a sucker for stories I find well-written, I rarely give two figs about the actual game mechanics past adapting to them.

I kind of wonder if I'll like Alpha Protocol too, which everyone and their mom seems to hate.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #3624
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Anyone played ocarina of time? Remember the treasure chest game where you pick the chests at random 5 times in a row to get a heart piece unless you have a lens? Well, I didn't feel like waiting until halfway in the game for the lens of truth, so I managed to get it last night after a handful of retries. Booyah.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:41 AM   #3625
Kay-Yo

just got a beta of that bleach game on ps3 , its allight
Kay-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #3626
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta. It's very buggy, but it's still damn fun. Can't wait to play come co-op adventure with my friend. I just hope people don't start abusing power weapons like everyone else does in Uncharted 2's multiplayer.

I'm also playing through Resistance 1 and 2 in an attempt to get excited for Resistance 3. Resistance 1 isn't my kind of FPS, but I still like the challenge of it. Resistance 2 is more up my alley though.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #3627
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Achievement hunting for DJ Hero 2, then it's time to see how far I can get throught Metroid Prime Trilogy and INFamous before Catherine drops late July. And Unit, R2 is a HUGE improvement over R1, so I can see why you prefer it.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #3628
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay-Yo View Post
just got a beta of that bleach game on ps3 , its allight
Oooh no it's not.

I'm about 90% sure that everything that came out of namco bandai's presser last night is going to be absolutely terrible.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #3629
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
R2 is a HUGE improvement over R1, so I can see why you prefer it.
I'm loving it so far. It's also a lot more horrifying than I expected. The Spinners are like the Darkseekers in I Am Legend, except worse! The radio broadcasts are contribute to the atmosphere too.

It's kinda hard to believe that Resistance is set in the 1950s though with all of the futuristic weapons and hardware.

I'm definitely going to pre-order Resistance 3 now.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 06-30-2011 at 09:40 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #3630
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta. It's very buggy, but it's still damn fun. Can't wait to play come co-op adventure with my friend.
I would be playing this, but PSN still won't let me download it. It gets to 75% and then just stops.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote