Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #3826
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Overall, I've been playing games on my iPhone more than anything. Words With Friends, Bejeweled 2, and Tiny Tower take up most of my time. Save me.

Boyfriend and I did start Gears of War 1 since Gears 3 comes out next month and I still haven't beaten the first one (yet we beat Gears 2 twice together). Gears 1 just seems harder than Gears 2, and we feel like such losers. We were playing on medium difficulty, since we just came off beating Gears 2 with me playing on hard... but it was kicking our butts! We just want to have fun with it, so I think we're gonna have to play it on casual for a while. I hope we're just out of practice, man.

Also I just ordered Tactics Ogre off Amazon because it's only $15 right now and I've wanted it so bad since it came out. Damn it all to hell, I don't care if I still have to beat Jeanne d'Arc and Persona 3 and a bunch of other PSP backlogged games!!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #3827
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I finally beat Old King Allant! Woohoo! Now I'm tying up a few loose ends - then on to the final boss.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #3828
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Overall, I've been playing games on my iPhone more than anything. Words With Friends, Bejeweled 2, and Tiny Tower take up most of my time. Save me.

Boyfriend and I did start Gears of War 1 since Gears 3 comes out next month and I still haven't beaten the first one (yet we beat Gears 2 twice together). Gears 1 just seems harder than Gears 2, and we feel like such losers. We were playing on medium difficulty, since we just came off beating Gears 2 with me playing on hard... but it was kicking our butts! We just want to have fun with it, so I think we're gonna have to play it on casual for a while. I hope we're just out of practice, man.

Also I just ordered Tactics Ogre off Amazon because it's only $15 right now and I've wanted it so bad since it came out. Damn it all to hell, I don't care if I still have to beat Jeanne d'Arc and Persona 3 and a bunch of other PSP backlogged games!!
Since you did listen to me on Twitter and picked up TO for $15, I won't make fun of you for sucking at Gears 1. In your defense, the final boss in G1 is actually a bit tricky, where as the end of Gow2 is kind of a joke.

As for IoS gaming, I havent started Tiny Tower yet, although I did d/l it yesterday as it was free. The wifey's picking up an Ipad in 2 weeks, which I'm excited for, as there are a ton of games I want to play on it that I can't run/dont have a large enough screen for on my iphone.

Started ASS CREED BRO on Sunday, which despite hating to play it on the 360, is a nice steup up from ASS ASS CREED. I'm also playing FFIV on the DS, and remembering what a right bastard that port was.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #3829
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Since you did listen to me on Twitter and picked up TO for $15, I won't make fun of you for sucking at Gears 1. In your defense, the final boss in G1 is actually a bit tricky, where as the end of Gow2 is kind of a joke.

As for IoS gaming, I havent started Tiny Tower yet, although I did d/l it yesterday as it was free. The wifey's picking up an Ipad in 2 weeks, which I'm excited for, as there are a ton of games I want to play on it that I can't run/dont have a large enough screen for on my iphone.

Started ASS CREED BRO on Sunday, which despite hating to play it on the 360, is a nice steup up from ASS ASS CREED. I'm also playing FFIV on the DS, and remembering what a right bastard that port was.
Dude I don't know what our issue is! We rocked at Gears 2, and my boyfriend's played Gears 1 before. I hope we're just out of practice, really. We're gonna try again on hardcore before we give up and go casual.

Tiny Tower is stupid addicting. My boyfriend really likes a game called iBlast Moki, and KOF runs surprisingly well on iPhone. There's also lots of other good random games, like just Air Hockey. We had fun playing that even on my small iPhone. It'd probably be way fun on iPad!

Funny you say that, as Brotherhood is the next major game I want to start up. But I'm too busy trying to get 100% achievements on New Vegas and Dragon Age II to play anything else, waaah.

Unread 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #3830
Dallen

I'm currently playing through Dungeons of Dredmor. Its a pretty good game for its price, though it is pretty lengthy to play through a full round.
Dallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #3831
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

for the past week i have been playing:

Fatal Frame 2 (PS2)

Scar Face (PS2)

i have beaten FF so many times but yet it's still fun to play (not Scary anymore though since playing it so much) I want another FF! but NOT ON THE WII.

Scar Face is a fun game, little disappointing since the enemy pops up right in front up you without warning onscreen. few glitch's ect.ect. but it's cool taking over Territories and buying things for your Mansion ect.. i bought the game years ago but recently started playing it again.

I am waiting for (Dead Island) September 6th. will be a good game i can feel it!
i just dont like how they made it kinda like Borderlands with the Leveling up and Hitpoints System.... kinda disappointing there....
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #3832
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Dude I don't know what our issue is! We rocked at Gears 2, and my boyfriend's played Gears 1 before. I hope we're just out of practice, really. We're gonna try again on hardcore before we give up and go casual.

Tiny Tower is stupid addicting. My boyfriend really likes a game called iBlast Moki, and KOF runs surprisingly well on iPhone. There's also lots of other good random games, like just Air Hockey. We had fun playing that even on my small iPhone. It'd probably be way fun on iPad!

Funny you say that, as Brotherhood is the next major game I want to start up. But I'm too busy trying to get 100% achievements on New Vegas and Dragon Age II to play anything else, waaah.
I just found out my friend is buying me Gears 3 as a birthday gift, with little to no say in the matter. I was going to wait for a price drop, but hey, down for Horde mode in the near future?

I really dont game much with my iphone. I've picked up Angry Birds, TT, The Mass Effect game, ChuChu Rockets, a few free games and demos, Street fighter IV (it was a $1 for Japan relief) and the only things that remained on my phone were said Birds and Towers. I'm hoping the pad will change things.

ASS BRO is a ton of fun btw. If you dug 2, you love it.

Still working the Portal 2/Ass Bro/FF4 trifecta, but now the wife is playing Catherine in her free time, as she usually likes to play the game she plans on cosplaying from first (unlike at least half of the community it seems). She's about 3 days in and digging it, but I've been helping her with the harder puzzles from time to time.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #3833
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Assassin's creed brotherhood should NEVER be called "ass bro." Just saying that is really bad!

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #3834
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader_8 View Post
Assassin's creed brotherhood should NEVER be called "ass bro." Just saying that is really bad!
Thatsthejoke.jpg

Unread 08-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #3835
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Hope you're ready to make Tactics Ogre your favourite tactical RPG ever, because I did. If only they put that much work into Final Fantasy Tactics PSP...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #3836
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I just found out my friend is buying me Gears 3 as a birthday gift, with little to no say in the matter. I was going to wait for a price drop, but hey, down for Horde mode in the near future?

I really dont game much with my iphone. I've picked up Angry Birds, TT, The Mass Effect game, ChuChu Rockets, a few free games and demos, Street fighter IV (it was a $1 for Japan relief) and the only things that remained on my phone were said Birds and Towers. I'm hoping the pad will change things.

ASS BRO is a ton of fun btw. If you dug 2, you love it.
Sure thing! I am STOKED for Gears 3!

Yeah, I don't do any serious gaming on it. KOF is the most "intense" game I have on it. But Mass Effect game, you say... I am intrigued.

Oh, I'm sure I will. I enjoyed the first two Assassin Creed games very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Hope you're ready to make Tactics Ogre your favourite tactical RPG ever, because I did. If only they put that much work into Final Fantasy Tactics PSP...
I'm very excited! I haven't even finished the PSP port of Final Fantasy Tactics but eh!

Unread 08-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #3837
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Sure thing! I am STOKED for Gears 3!

Yeah, I don't do any serious gaming on it. KOF is the most "intense" game I have on it. But Mass Effect game, you say... I am intrigued.

Oh, I'm sure I will. I enjoyed the first two Assassin Creed games very much!
I wasn't crazy about ASS CREED 1, but ASS ASS CREED sold me on the series. Will probably wait for a price drop or 2 to pick it up.

The Mass Effect game is a Jacobs-focused ME2 prequel game with tilting tech. For $1 it's alright, and the visual are super Penny Arcade influenced, but again it's a $1.

Unread 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #3838
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I have Xfinity On Demand and they abbreviate it ASS CREED BRO in big caps like that too. I like the abbreviation ASS BRO though. It's especially fitting since you're talking about Gears of War as well. I... honestly did think Marcus and Dom were lovers at first. Heh.

Last edited by DarkFujin : 08-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #3839
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Damn. Now I want to play it just so that I can post "I'm playing ASS CREED BRO."
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #3840
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I have Xfinity On Demand and they abbreviate it ASS CREED BRO in big caps like that too. I like the abbreviation ASS BRO though. It's especially fitting since you're talking about Gears of War as well. I... honestly did think Marcus and Dom were lovers at first. Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Damn. Now I want to play it just so that I can post "I'm playing ASS CREED BRO."
This people, is how you get a meme started.

I also have a small group of friends who refer to the series as ASS BLEED, as they're all "tumblr sluts" who've probably seen their fair share of ASS CREED smut of the boy-love type. I'd mock them for their obession, but I rather point out that Prototype (something else they all adore for some reason) was a crap game starring Generic McHoodie and watch the rage kick in.