Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #3841
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I finally beat Old King Allant! Woohoo! Now I'm tying up a few loose ends - then on to the final boss.
I'm stuck on 5-2... Can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go. I'm also on 1-4, going to get past that dragon tonight... I have worlds 2, 3, and 4 under my belt, all characters rescued and in the nexus. My PSN ID is pills4louis, my character's a level 89 Royal.

Edit: Just beat the game. "Old King Allant" isn't so tough if you stay way the fuck back, have decent MAG/INT, and spam Firespray. Five minutes later, he goes down. Spoiler:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
You fight the real Allant inside the Old One, and he's without a doubt the easiest boss in the game. But at least he fills you in on story bits while you're fighting him, so be sure to hold off on killing him until he delivers all of his monologue.
Going to start NG+ tonight. Btw, best grinding spot in the game (for me, anyway) = 4-5 (spawn at 4-4 unless you want to run the risk of being promptly raped), using the Storm Ruler.

Btw, if you or anyone wants to play it with me, I'm kind of... Level 120-something now. A friend surprised me by giving me 99 duped Legendary Hero Souls and 99 Legendary Soldier Souls. I feel guilty for using them, but hey, it should help greatly with NG+...

Last edited by Zweihander : 08-18-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #3842
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I'm stuck on 5-2... Can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go.
Yeah, I disliked 5. Not only was it completely disgusting - exploding blood leeches, fly-covered rotting corpses, those trolls with their tongues hanging out, XP - the camera was always getting boxed in and it was easy to get turned around. I did think that it had the easiest bosses. Though they were also completely disgusting.

Quote:
"Old King Allant" isn't so tough if you stay way the fuck back, have decent MAG/INT, and spam Firespray.
Yeah, didn't have Firespray. XD I ended up dodging him for long periods, only attacking him with Soul Ray during his nuclear build-up and using his post-rush lull to eat grass and spice and reapply Warding. I had been trying to get a second hit in there and failing. It took a long time but, you know, this is a game that really rewards patience.

Finished the game last night after killing Black Phantom form Miralda. Unfortunately she fell off the ledge - which was not my intention - so it was a cheap kill. ): But, yeah, the final boss was a surprise and it was disconcerting at first, but after some reflection, it does sort of make sense for the game. I got the good ending because I'm always a goody-two shoes in games. I was sorely tempted to kill NPCs though so that I could talk to Mephistopheles - and then kill her - but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Quote:
Going to start NG+ tonight.
Ha ha ha! I already died twice in a row and lost all my souls! But I knew that would happen so I spent all the ones from Old King Allant on Old Spice, so I only ended up losing like 20,000 or so.

Quote:
Btw, best grinding spot in the game (for me, anyway) = 4-5 (spawn at 4-4 unless you want to run the risk of being promptly raped), using the Storm Ruler.
Totally. Wear your Ring of Avarice.

Quote:
Btw, if you or anyone wants to play it with me, I'm kind of... Level 120-something now. A friend surprised me by giving me 99 duped Legendary Hero Souls and 99 Legendary Soldier Souls. I feel guilty for using them, but hey, it should help greatly with NG+...
You know, online is not my thing. I played the whole game off-line because I was controlling World Tendency (got all events in all areas for both Black and White). Now that I have NG+ though I might try it because I think the co-op could be fun. I have no interest in PvP though and don't know how irritating Black Phantom invasions would be. I'll let you know if I do. Though I'm also a Royal. It would be better to co-op with a tank. Also not sure if we're in the same soul level range. I'm at 105.

Anyway - I'm glad I was finally able to finish the game! Now I'm really excited for Dark Souls.

Last edited by The Hag : 08-18-2011 at 02:18 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #3843
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Congrats! Yeah, co-op is incredibly fun, and the other aspects such as seeing white apparitions everywhere (other players in real-time), checking bloodstains to see how people died, and leaving/reading messages (be they helpful or trololol) really adds a lot to the game. I've had some incredibly awesome PVP battles as well, a magic vs hard melee (on freaking narrow walkways) in 3-2 lasted about 10 minutes and I somehow came out on top. It was epic. Congratulated the guy afterward. Going to start recording some PVP videos the next time I'm in soul form.
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #3844
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Congrats! Yeah, co-op is incredibly fun, and the other aspects such as seeing white apparitions everywhere (other players in real-time), checking bloodstains to see how people died, and leaving/reading messages (be they helpful or trololol) really adds a lot to the game. I've had some incredibly awesome PVP battles as well, a magic vs hard melee (on freaking narrow walkways) in 3-2 lasted about 10 minutes and I somehow came out on top. It was epic. Congratulated the guy afterward. Going to start recording some PVP videos the next time I'm in soul form.
This is why I like watching my boyfriend play. I think all of those features are just so cool. He was in some like, battling party and really enjoying running through the level with a couple of guys. Maybe someday I will play it myself!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #3845
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
This is why I like watching my boyfriend play. I think all of those features are just so cool. He was in some like, battling party and really enjoying running through the level with a couple of guys. Maybe someday I will play it myself!
It's awesome when someone invades as a black phantom, only to get raped by you and your two blue phantom buddies. XD Good luck if you play it, I'd recommend Royalty. Save yourself a lot of pain.

Also, THIS MAN IS YOUR FRIEND. TRUST HIM.
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #3846
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Good luck if you play it, I'd recommend Royalty. Save yourself a lot of pain.
This. So very much.

Well, I'll have to give co-op a try. I need to beat DAII first. And then I want play Catherine. And I still need to finish Child of Eden. Oh, yeah - funny story (or not). Last week while I was out, I was near a GameStop, so I went in and bought Catherine.

Clerk 1: Do you want to pre-order anything else?

Me: Actually - yeah. I want to pre-order Dark Souls.

*Clerk 2 overhears, comes out from the back room and gives me a fist bump*

Clerk 1: Wow - Dark Souls and Catherine, huh? That's pretty hardcore. Funny, you look like a casual gamer.

*MY FACE*
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #3847
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
This. So very much.

Well, I'll have to give co-op a try. I need to beat DAII first. And then I want play Catherine. And I still need to finish Child of Eden. Oh, yeah - funny story (or not). Last week while I was out, I was near a GameStop, so I went in and bought Catherine.

Clerk 1: Wow - Dark Souls and Catherine, huh? That's pretty hardcore. Funny, you look like a casual gamer.

*MY FACE*
Left out from this story for legal reasons: The Hag stabs Clerk 1 in the eye with her uni-horn. MURDER IS MAGICAL!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #3848
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
This. So very much.

*MY FACE*
At least they knew it was for you though and didn't say something like "oh you must have a son" or something.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #3849
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Left out from this story for legal reasons: The Hag stabs Clerk 1 in the eye with her uni-horn. MURDER IS MAGICAL!
LOL! But, nah. I didn't rage at him. It was more of a facepalm than anything else. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer, and we all make assumptions about people based on how they look. It's just really dumb to voice one's ignorant assumptions to the person's face - especially after they've been shown to be wrong. He was basically saying - you look old and female. Tell me something I don't know! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
At least they knew it was for you though and didn't say something like "oh you must have a son" or something.
But, dude! He totally did that! I'd forgotten all about it. When I first handed him Catherine, he asked if it was for me. I just figured that he wanted to make sure I wasn't buying an M-rated game for a little kid. Since I am a mom (and do sometimes buy games for my kids) it didn't really register. XD
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #3850
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

It'd be like telling a black guy that he looks like a Mahvel vs. Capcom player.
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #3851
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Finishing up with 3rd Birthday, playing Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos.

I'm enjoying it.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #3852
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
It'd be like telling a black guy that he looks like a Mahvel vs. Capcom player.
At the expense of sounding racist, I went to the Capcom Fight Night and that shit isn't exactly UNtrue.

Also man, I have some stories to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seventh Sea View Post
Finishing up with 3rd Birthday, playing Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos.

I'm enjoying it.

3rd B-day or Gate?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #3853
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:

3rd B-day or Gate?
Gate, for horribly shallow reasons. But I will give that 3rd Birthday makes me want to go back and replay Eve 1 and 2

Now I can't wait for Space Marine, gonna play the shit out of that game. I'm curious about Deus Ex too.
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #3854
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
At the expense of sounding racist, I went to the Capcom Fight Night and that shit isn't exactly UNtrue.
That wouldn't make the comment any less rude and ignorant. It's not exactly untrue that most middle-aged women who play games are casual gamers. Even if there is some truth to a stereotype, when you interact with someone you should have the courtesy to treat them as the individual that they are.

Playing the DAII DLC - decided to do that before finishing the actual game to pick up some additional loot and XP.
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #3855
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Beta testing an mmo at the moment.

Occasionally playing some WoW. Not really much happening on the console side of things.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote