Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #3931
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

So, you know how I said just recently that I had just picked up P3P, and that it was my first time playing Persona 3? I had looked really hard for any iteration of Persona 3 in the past, and could never find it.

So, today I went to the local music store near my work after I got done with work. They totally had the original Persona 3 there, complete in its original box with the artbook. As I was leaving I saw my friend who was on his way to Gamestop. I drove him there and, at Gamestop, they had FES. So I guess I now have all the iterations of Persona 3, right? (Not counting manga and stuff)
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #3932
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Played a lot of BlazBlue Continuum Shift with friends, and now I really want the Persona 4 fightan gaem (which also features Persona 3 characters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
So, you know how I said just recently that I had just picked up P3P, and that it was my first time playing Persona 3? I had looked really hard for any iteration of Persona 3 in the past, and could never find it.

So, today I went to the local music store near my work after I got done with work. They totally had the original Persona 3 there, complete in its original box with the artbook. As I was leaving I saw my friend who was on his way to Gamestop. I drove him there and, at Gamestop, they had FES. So I guess I now have all the iterations of Persona 3, right? (Not counting manga and stuff)
Yep, and I jelly of you. I have Persona 3 Portable, and I have Persona 3 FES packed with the art book and mini soundtrack, but I don't have the original Persona 3.

Now finish Persona 3 Portable or Persona 3 FES, or try to get your hands on Persona 4 next!

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 09-03-2011 at 06:55 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #3933
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I've had Persona 4 since launch, so I don't have to worry about that one. Haha.

Should I stop plating Portable and play the original instead? Or does it not matter?
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #3934
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm sticking with Portable because I have enough games to play on my home consoles, and my PS2 is still not at my new place yet. Haha. Also I like playing as the girl.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #3935
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

I have been playing (Dead Island) for 26 Hours and 13 Minutes since i bought it Friday.
96 Missions Completed - 13 Trophies - 2000 Zombies killed. 76% of the island Explored. It is a Long game! (if you make it one) *people who say they beat it in a day* it's because they Rushed through it and did not complete everything and find all the things needed to be found!
(Possible spoilers) Below.......

It is a Beautiful Game (Graphics Wise)
They could have done better on the voice acting.
also the Texture on the Characters looks kinda weird at times.
The Music Score is some what creepy at times depending on the situation.
there is not a second you can turn your head while playing this game without being attacked by some type of Zombie.
I have it on PS3 and i have noticed alot of the time the music/sound cuts out and lags (i'm not even playing it online)
there are also glitch's such as (when you eat something it does not give you health) when you reload the bullets dont load in the chamber. (the World Texture takes a little bit to load) *sometimes your just walking in a open field type area then things start to load around you *Tree's,grass,buildings,ect.*

the game is somewhat difficult only because the Zombies level up with you and get a little harder to kill later on in the game. you have somewhat weak weapons a lot of the time in the game. i guess it's to make it harder for you since it is a Survival game. (Survival game it is)!
the major part in the game that i hate is that when you die, you can be transported pretty much anywhere when revived. i am at times revived right in the middle of 5-7 zombies and die again right away.

there are other issues with the game. but nothing major. the (Dead Island) World is Huge! Load times don't take too long.
The Blood and Gore are done well!
the decapitations are cool esp. in slow motion.

I give (Dead Island) a 8 out of 10
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #3936
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
I've had Persona 4 since launch, so I don't have to worry about that one. Haha.

Should I stop plating Portable and play the original instead? Or does it not matter?
If you want the full experience of Persona 3, play FES since that has all of the in-game character models, environments, cut-scenes, etc, while Persona 3 Portable doesn't. Otherwise Persona 3 Portable has even more content than the Journey section of Persona 3 FES.

I doubt you'd want to play Persona 3 twice, so I say stick with Portable, especially if you're playing as the female main character. Her route is much better than the male's in my opinion since you get Social Links with the SEES members this time.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #3937
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Just finished an hour of PVP goodness in Demon's Souls. Two people ragequit after I beat them. It was hilarious.
Unread 09-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #3938
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

DEAD ISLAND IS OUT?!

*checks money*

NOT UNTIL NEXT PAYCHECK FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Otherwise I got Dead Money and Honest Hearts for New Vegas, made an unarmed character and plan on powering through them when I'm around level 20.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #3939
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
DEAD ISLAND IS OUT?!

*checks money*

NOT UNTIL NEXT PAYCHECK FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Dead Island does not Officially Release until (September 6th) in North America and (September 9th) in UK and other parts of world.

but i got the game this past Friday from a Video Game store that gets games early sometimes by up to 2 weeks early depending on how soon the game's go Gold and start Production.

I bought a PS3 just for Dead island. You wont be Disappointed!
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #3940
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night. Remembered how I have a bad habit of holding down A while climbing and therefore making Ezio jump off of things like an idiot instead of climbing up. I just have to be more patient with my climbing, I guess. Other than that, I am enjoying more AC time, though I totally miss Altair. ;~; The intro showing scenes from AC1 made me wish the PSP game was actually good.

Unread 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #3941
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Remembered how I have a bad habit of holding down A while climbing and therefore making Ezio jump off of things like an idiot instead of climbing up. I just have to be more patient with my climbing, I guess.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that haha
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #3942
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that haha
Hahaha I get SO ANGRY at Ezio and then realize it's me being dumb about the controls.

...But I still prefer to blame him. Sometimes it really is the game, as instead of jumping up he'll go WHEEEE off the building goddammit

Unread 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #3943
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

My roommate got Dead Island, so I don't need to buy it.

WOOOO

It's fun.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #3944
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

No interest in Dead Island, as I own both L4D games and Borderlands, and I'm taking my sweet time with Deus Ex: HR.

My question is why the hell are so much quality download titles dropping now. YOU HAD ALL SUMMER PEOPLE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #3945
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
No interest in Dead Island, as I own both L4D games and Borderlands, and I'm taking my sweet time with Deus Ex: HR.

My question is why the hell are so much quality download titles dropping now. YOU HAD ALL SUMMER PEOPLE!
Video games hate summer. They always have.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote