Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #3946
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Yeah... My boyfriend just got Space Marine, but we made a rule that besides Gears 3 (we are both getting a copy), we're only getting one game each before Christmas. Mine is Batman: Arkham City. For Christmas, I'm asking for Uncharted 3, and he's asking for Skyrim. I might be nice and get him Dark Souls too, as he switched up that one as his one game for Space Marine last minute. Haha.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #3947
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Unlocked the next area in Dead Island, the city.

Also have access to item storage and an armored car, kick ass. But they also added two more types of zombies, rams and suiciders.

Also, the zombies are smart enough to throw weapons at you, I shudder to think I can stumble upon some that remembers how to use a gun...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #3948
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Unlocked the next area in Dead Island, the city.

Also have access to item storage and an armored car, kick ass. But they also added two more types of zombies, rams and suiciders.

Also, the zombies are smart enough to throw weapons at you, I shudder to think I can stumble upon some that remembers how to use a gun...
Would you say this game is significantly better than the Left 4 Dead series?

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Not like that takes a whole hell of a lot...
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #3949
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

The game...barely plays like Left 4 Dead, the only similarities are some of the zombie types and the max players is four.

Otherwise, it's more like a simple Elder Scrolls game, exploration wise. Gameplay, it's somewhat simple, find weapons, repair and mod them, do quests, level up and put points in a skill tree, kill loads of zombies, watch the blood fly.

I have a legendary wrench as a weapon, I shit you not.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 09-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #3950
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
The game...barely plays like Left 4 Dead, the only similarities are some of the zombie types and the max players is four.

Otherwise, it's more like a simple Elder Scrolls game, exploration wise. Gameplay, it's somewhat simple, find weapons, repair and mod them, do quests, level up and put points in a skill tree, kill loads of zombies, watch the blood fly.

I have a legendary wrench as a weapon, I shit you not.
>not on-rails like L4D
>equipment modding
>EXP

So basically, it's much better than L4D?
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #3951
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

i liked DEAD ISLAND!
I Beat it in 39 Hours 55 Minutes & 53 Seconds.
Found ALL the Collectibles on my first play through.
30 Trophies. Had 2 Weapons that did over 3400 Damage each.
I did Die 105 Times (79 of the Deaths were from *Infected*)
the only Zombies i had some trouble with was (Infected) because when there are 2-3 at once coming from different Angles Watch out they swing there arms like Crazy and your health can go down pretty quick.

There are A LOT of glitches i have seen and heard people complain about on PC and PS3 Versions. I have it on PS3 and i found a lot of problems with the game but nothing that made me not want to play it or to get mad at. only thing that i can Seriously Complain about is (There is only 1 Save Slot) same problem that *Dead Rising* had.

there is soo much to do in Dead Island Hundred + Missions! only 2-3 of the missions felt Repetitive the rest were fun to do!

Have not tried to join anyone's game yet or anything. perhaps i will try that over this weekend? I was Level 37 after completing the game.
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*

Last edited by sicdedman : 09-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #3952
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
>not on-rails like L4D
>equipment modding
>EXP

So basically, it's much better than L4D?
Waaaaaaay better, but to be fair you are comparing apples to.... a four course meal....with oranges.
Unread 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #3953
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

So, something like 80% into Dead Island.

It reminds me of the "this is new and exciting and I don't know whats going on" aspect of the original Resident Evil.

Come to think of it, its a better "Resident Evil" game than anything since the original LOL. Plenty of survival horror. Bullets are rare and you need to make every one count. You dread to go into melee.

It definitely has its flaws, but the game seriously reminds me of say, Oblivion or Fallout 3. Very large open maps.

Too bad the two male characters are cock-sections and the ladies are the only sane ones.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #3954
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I have to agree that this is the direction Resident Evil should have gone in oppposed to where 4 and 5 went.

But whatever, franchises live and die by their positions.

Getting along in Dues Ex. I like it a lot, but the end game scenario is pretty oppressive. I have so many guns I've never fired...

That and more Marvel. It's amazing, one good night of online domination makes me wonder how I could have done so poorly at DragonCon.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #3955
Durroa
Woof Woof call me Delay

Been playing the Beta for Assassins Creed : Revelations Multiplayer. Waaay to much fun. That and Breath of Fire III on my PSP. Now waiting for Resident Evil 1-3 coming for free on PSN+, +_+

Anime vegas 13
AWA '13

Completed Cosplays :
Aliot - Ragnarok Online
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
GB Momiji Inubashiri -
Regular Style |Shino-miji Style
GB Nazrin
Durroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #3956
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Just started playing Dead Island for the 360 last night, It's pretty fun so far. It reminds me of Borderlands and Fallout.
I'm already annoyed with the Online Coop though... people can join your game but you can't kick anyone. -.- wtf.. It's so annoying when someone joins my game and refuses to actually work as a team! And the always have a headset but are not in game chat.. So you have to just quit the game to get rid of them, then start back up. I really hope they decide to fix that. A kick player or vote to kick player option would be nice. VERY NICE.

grrr last night I was hosting a game so my fiance and I could play together and then this random person joins (who has a mic but of course is in party chat). We messaged him asking him to get into game chat so we could work as a team, he asked why then never got into game chat.. and he kept running off and doing other missions without us. lol I wanted to kick him so bad!
NeonBunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #3957
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post
Just started playing Dead Island for the 360 last night, It's pretty fun so far. It reminds me of Borderlands and Fallout.
I'm already annoyed with the Online Coop though... people can join your game but you can't kick anyone. -.- wtf.. It's so annoying when someone joins my game and refuses to actually work as a team! And the always have a headset but are not in game chat.. So you have to just quit the game to get rid of them, then start back up. I really hope they decide to fix that. A kick player or vote to kick player option would be nice. VERY NICE.

grrr last night I was hosting a game so my fiance and I could play together and then this random person joins (who has a mic but of course is in party chat). We messaged him asking him to get into game chat so we could work as a team, he asked why then never got into game chat.. and he kept running off and doing other missions without us. lol I wanted to kick him so bad!
You can actually set the multiplayer slots for "private" so only people you invite can join.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #3958
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Been playing Resistance 3 when I can.

It's easily the shortest of the three, and it borrows a little too heavily from the first game, and not enough from the second game, for my tastes, but overall, I've enjoyed it. I still think the second game is my favorite of the trilogy, though.

This is a series not unlike Halo in that the fiction is much more interesting in the expanded material such as the novels than what is presented in the actual games. I can't see the emotional core of this title holding nearly as much resonance if you haven't read the prequel novel (which I did, so I got a little more out of the story than I imagine most people will).

The boss battles aren't nearly as memorable as the ones in R2, and there are fewer at that. There isn't even a final boss to speak of, which was rather disappointing. The entire endgame is pretty lackluster.

And I think some members of the development team must be fans of The Walking Dead, because there's a whole level that reminded me of the Governor arc from The Walking Dead comic. Though I have to wonder why normal human enemies could take as much punishment as, if not more than, the Chimera. It kind of reminded me of the first Uncharted, with the bullet sponge pirates, except the human enemies in R3 won't die from a single headshot.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #3959
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
You can actually set the multiplayer slots for "private" so only people you invite can join.
Oh i know, But i DO like playing with other players, It usually makes games more fun, I just HATE playing with jerks who refuse to use a mic and work as a team. Hence why I would love if they added a kick player option or vote to kick player.
NeonBunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #3960
vampricyoda
VampricYoda

I picked up Alice: Madness Returns for the PC. But my system can't run it without so much lag it's unplayable. (and I only have a Wii. So I can't get the X-Box or PS3 versions). I want to play it. I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new computer.
vampricyoda is offline   Reply With Quote