Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #4201
LagunaLoire
............DESPERADO!!!!

Platinum'd Dark Souls, easier than i expected.

Only exceptions where 3 bosses in NG+ (4 Kings, Ornstein & Smough, and Nito)
LagunaLoire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #4202
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
My Xbox red ringed and my 3DS has a sticky Y button. I give up! I'm obviously not meant to play games right now.
Wash your damn hands, GAWD.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #4203
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Wash your damn hands, GAWD.
No I mean sticky as in something under the button so it kind of sticks when I push it down. haha.

Oh god, I played Pokemon in the college cafeteria with this one guy though who's DS was all gooey and nasty looking. Right as I wondering what he's been doing to it, he bought some chicken nuggets, covered them in ranch so they were literally dripping, his hands were seriously covered and dripping with ranch, then he went right back to playing his DS without so much as touching a napkin. Oh god, this was back when Diamond/Pearl first came out and I still shudder thinking about it. D:
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #4204
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
No I mean sticky as in something under the button so it kind of sticks when I push it down. haha.

Oh god, I played Pokemon in the college cafeteria with this one guy though who's DS was all gooey and nasty looking. Right as I wondering what he's been doing to it, he bought some chicken nuggets, covered them in ranch so they were literally dripping, his hands were seriously covered and dripping with ranch, then he went right back to playing his DS without so much as touching a napkin. Oh god, this was back when Diamond/Pearl first came out and I still shudder thinking about it. D:
THAT'S WHAT SHE....eh, reaching at best.

As for DS nuggets, at least he had the proper dipping sauce not called Honey Mustard.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #4205
Kikyouchanx

DBZ: UT
Battlefield 3
and pokemon liquid crystal
Kikyouchanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #4206
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Magna Carta 2

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #4207
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

I've been playing Uncharted 3 here and there when I can, and I have to be honest, I don't particularly care for the greater emphasis on hand-to-hand combat. It feels like a weaker interpretation of Batman Arkham Asylum/City's combat.

I'm also disappointed that the platforming seems to be even more automatic and linear than it was in the previous two games. I was really hoping they would expand the platforming for this title. Oh well.

Still, it's easily one of the best games this year, and certainly the best PS3-exclusive. Hopefully by the time I beat the game, my initial complaints will be alleviated.

Oh, I also have to ask, why are there guys still sticking around in a burning building that is falling down around them shooting at you instead of, I don't know, running for their own lives?

EDIT:

Ha ha. I guess Penny Arcade was wondering the same thing.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic

Last edited by Archelon : 11-04-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #4208
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

IDOLM@STER 2 WOOHOO it arrived yesterday (I'd say today but it's almost 2 am, so) and I played for a good 5 1/2 hours straight. Oh god.

Then I played some Assassin's Creed because I felt like doing more Romulus shrines and getting more Leonardo weapon things done. I enjoy that kind of stuff after I've beaten the game!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #4209
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Man, I don't know what it is with Naughty Dog, but they just can't seem to come up with a decent final boss battle for an Uncharted game to save their lives. It was better than the first game's, certainly, but not much of a step up from the second game's.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, but it doesn't have quite the same "wow" factor Among Thieves did, which is probably because Among Thieves was such a monumental improvement over the first game, and Drake's Deception is more of a refinement of the formula than a massive leap forward, which I suppose is to be expected.

It also felt significantly shorter than the first two games, but that may have more to do with the somewhat anticlimactic endgame than the actual length of the campaign. When I saw the trophy pop up for beating the game, my first thought was, "That was it?" I don't know, the end of Uncharted 2 just felt more satisfying for some reason. Maybe I went in with the wrong expectations or my expectations were too high.

Though, looking back on it, it may also have something to do with the fact that arguably the biggest set pieces in the game were the ones shown off to the public before the final game was released. It's almost like what Capcom did with Resident Evil 5, though not quite that bad.

Last edited by Archelon : 11-05-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #4210
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

Black Ops, trying to finish this last prestige i've been on for the last couple of months haha

photo portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #4211
CliffnCain
Chillin'

Star Ocean 3.

Trying the Sphere 255 dungeon again... if super blair stops kicking my ass...

The serious cosplayer.

Skype me at Datcrazyeric (pretty please?)
CliffnCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #4212
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

About halfway through chapter 12 of Uncharted 3, and while it's a very good game, I'm with Archleon and saying that it's no Uncharted 2. I'll air my problems once I actually beat the game though.

Also downloaded DC Universe Online for the PC as it's free and not WoW. I'm digging it so far, but it's nothing I would spend $$ on.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #4213
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Naughty Dog is apparently having people come in to their offices to discuss the issues they are having with the aiming in the game. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it felt off. I wonder if this means ND is going to patch the game or something.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say they need to patch it, but it is rather telling that they're taking such a great interest in the fans' reactions.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #4214
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
Naughty Dog is apparently having people come in to their offices to discuss the issues they are having with the aiming in the game. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it felt off. I wonder if this means ND is going to patch the game or something.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say they need to patch it, but it is rather telling that they're taking such a great interest in the fans' reactions.
Considering the nature of the problem, I'd be surprised if they even COULD patch it.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #4215
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I have Fate/Zero staring at me from my shelf of games.

I'm so playing tonight after work.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote