Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #4231
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

Been playing Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3 since its launch. Great game.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #4232
yamibakura
Dynamo

Animamundi: Dark Alchemist.
A fantastic visual novel.. But too addictive, haha. It's making me sleep-deprived because I keep spending most of the night playing. orz
yamibakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #4233
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

DJ Hero 2 ( has an outstanding soundtrack. Dunno why it gets such a bad rap ) Guitar Hero Smash Hits ( shameless achievement grinding. I hate how different Cult of Personality sounds. That's pretty much the only song I bought the game for ) and Phantasy Star Portable ( the map system is weird. Feels like a DS game. I miss the whole walking around experience from Universe. Guess that's why it's called Portable though )

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #4234
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Playing the free Four Swords Download and re-beat Link to the Past. Other than that taking a hiatus from "vidya gaems" (painting my warhammer ogre army seems much more rewarding atm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
Man, I don't know what it is with Naughty Dog, but they just can't seem to come up with a decent final boss battle for an Uncharted game to save their lives. It was better than the first game's, certainly, but not much of a step up from the second game's.
1. I'm only quoting a slightly stale yet relevant post since I had a $0.02 I feel is worth saying.
2. Only quote-wrapping the text relevant to my $0.02 since I agree with everything else you said.

The first game's end fight I enjoyed because it was not a dumb archaic pattern-based boss with you and the boss fighting each other in the same old cliche circular arena-esque environment. This is why when people sometimes mention off-hand they liked the final boss from UC2 my head turns similar to how Stewie's does in family guy at the mentioning of an upside-down face. You've fought that boss battle repeatedly for the better part of one or even arguably two decades; why is it still fun? I haven't beat UC3 yet but I pray that the final confrontation in UC3 isn't a pattern boss that I have to fight in a circular arena. The first Uncharted had a final confrontation that felt fast-paced and unforgiving the first time I played it on hard: you're outgunned and the fight opens up with you having to take out three or so guys who are taking cover just outside of your shotgun's effective range, forcing you to expose yourself in order to effectively use the one weapon you have. The fight takes you through the top deck of the boat and leads to an exciting albeit easy exchange of blows between you and the bad guy that gives you that final rush that you typically get from an exciting action flick. The second game's ending was so amazing that it allowed me to forgive the boring and predictable final fight with the strong villain whose only sin was being a terrible boss fight. If I had a boss fight as exciting as the first game's showdown, I'd actually want to play it more than once.

Again, I only go out of my way to say all this is because this issue is one of many reasons I've taken a break from video games; because it's 2011 and our games are stilled ball-and-chained to disappointing cliches in game designs. The past fifteen years of the game industry have propelled game design to get into the hollywood zone of production in which almost all design and production decisions are made to tow the bottom line of commercial success or at least a success defined by reducing as much as possible the amount of b****ing the fans throw back after playing the new release. "Don't mess with what works" means no matter who the new hero is or what the new threat I'm facing, I always end up doing the same thing with each new game I play.

I guess it's just me and that I've fallen out of love with video games. I know this is the case because I've gone into hobby mode and find painting my warhammer army is (imo) a more rewarding investment of my time than getting frustrated with cliches and cheap deaths. I've reduced my game-play down to professor layton, older games I've already beaten, and Guilty Gear Accent Core plus (always time around here for a throw down).

On a final note, the quoted text was quoted not to disagree but rather to bring up a point laregly to explain why I've been absent on this thread as of late, although my absence is not necessarily important to anyone.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack

Last edited by Crusader_8 : 11-12-2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Hulk Smash Puny Rough Draft!
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #4235
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE KASUMI View Post
Been playing Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3 since its launch. Great game.
I don't think it's considered Call of Duty 4 anymore... Modern Warfare is just its own thing now.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #4236
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I don't think it's considered Call of Duty 4 anymore... Modern Warfare is just its own thing now.
It's still the fourth game since the campaign continues on where the previous two left off. =P
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #4237
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Skyrim.

No one told me there were robots in this game. I was not prepared for robots.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #4238
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE KASUMI View Post
It's still the fourth game since the campaign continues on where the previous two left off. =P
It's also still the fourth game since it's still... The same game with different maps. J/k, actually infinity ward simply kept the modern warfare moniker to distance itself from anyone else trying to make cod games for activision (treyarch).
On a more serious note however, when I worked at the halloween store a bunch of kids were buying army uniform costumes to "do COD for halloween." When I reminded them to get a weapon, they all did the same thing - they grabbed an AK-47. I explained every single time that American soldiers don't use them irl, and they would argue me on this point. Eventually I would take away the AK and give them an M16, and the parents were okay with it because the M16 was cheaper anyway. But seriously, COD gives kids the wrong impression of how being a soldier works.

Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Unread 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #4239
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

>beat almost every Extra mission in Black Rock Shooter: The Game, for PSP
>keep dying to a really cheap fight consisting of enemies which launch themselves at you and self-destruct in your face
>they do enough damage to 1-shot you even if you block, forcing you to either dodge them or die
>dodge at least 20 of them
>they keep respawning
>get nailed by one of them
>die several times on this particular mission

Well, this game can fuck itself now. It's pretty fun otherwise, though. Back to Dark Souls and Bad Company 2.
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #4240
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Played Super Mario 3D Land for a bit today. I haven't had a chance to get too involved in it though, I've mostly been working on school stuff while my sister jacked my DS and has been playing my game. It seems fun so far, but I miss some of Mario's moves, such as his backjump. I also heard there's no triple jump? I'll have to try that out.

It seems fun so far though. My sister thought this game was going to be awful and she ended up really liking it so far. She's a little disappointed though that there are only four levels per world, although I heard the later worlds have more stages, and then there's the special stages as well.

It seems pretty easy though, but that doesn't make it boring. New Super Mario Bros. for the DS was hella easy and spoonfed you 1-ups and power-ups, but I still pop it in my DS every now and then and have fun with it.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #4241
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

I'm giving this Four Swords thing a whirl. Makes me wonder why nintendo would take their best single-player experience and corrupt it with the multiplayer. But surprisingly, it worked very well! Guess that's why they get paid the big bucks, since I wouldn't have thought of an idea like that.

Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #4242
arceus4445

been playing pokemon b/w a lot latelly pretty much played pokemon since red and blue ect and currentlly i just started playing angry birds. its so addicting i can't even stop playing it its ridicoulus
arceus4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #4243
CountMetal
I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

Recently defeated Batman Arkham City and was disappointed with the final boss. Right now I have been playing Catherine while waiting for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and King of Fighters XIII.
Planned Cosplays: Ryu, Robocop, Bucky O' Hare, and Cobra Commander
CountMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #4244
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Calling in mortar strikes LIKE A BOSS. (Bro Company 2) I'll get Battlefield 3 eventually, but sooner than later if someone can confirm whether or not you can stick C4s to people. (I heard you could.)

Last edited by Zweihander : 11-14-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #4245
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

Final Fantasy 3
TWEWY (replaying it for the umpteenth time)
Ocarina of Time (64 ver., trying to beat the Water Temple atm)
Advance Wars
Super Mario 64 DS (replaying it. I hated it before on my DS, but the 3DS's circle pad makes this game awesome)
Dragon Quest IX (just gotta make it to the last boss)
Rockin' Pretty ($3 at Gamestop)
Princess Debut ($9 at Gamestop, one of the only dating sims in the US *coughcough*)
Kingdom Hearts: re:coded (can't friggin' beat Hades because I didn't know you had to have Cloud to beat him >_>)

yeahhhh. I've also been padding out lunch breaks with Devil Survivor Overclocked & Pokemon White.

Also, I haven't played much of MW3 since I only play it with friends (we never have time)... but Arkham Asylum is great so far.
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote