Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #4291
nanami_hearts
A rainbow after the storm

Lately, I have been wasting my life away through Skyrim and Dead Island.

Skyrim is amazing game but I finding it more and more difficult to play it nonstop.

Oh, btw any xbox players interested and exchanging gamertags? =D
nanami_hearts is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #4292
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

UGGGGGGGGGH Skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim....

Amazing game. But part of what makes it so interesting is to talk with other people about their experiences. There's a thread on Giantbomb right now dealing with Companions, specifically Lydia, and how people always treat them as jokes to begin with, watching them bumble around and be in the way and trigger traps and be dumb, but slowly through all of that, they work their way into our hearts, to the point where you REALLY wanna keep them alive. And when they die, it's usually at your hands by accident, and how that makes you feel as a person.

WHAT GAME DOES THAT?!?! AMAZING!

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #4293
Infection
On Spam-Watch.

I've invested so much playing time into that game; its freaking epic, and I feel a bit off now that I beat the main quest. I've done basically all the fun quests, so I might need to find a strategy guide to find out more quests I'd want to do. More than likely going to just make a new character and start over, though...65 hours and I STILL want to play 65+ more...
Infection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #4294
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

I heard in skyrim Children are assholes but you can't do anything about it. True? Also, in an attic, my friend found a standalone door that literally serves no purpose and goes to nowhere.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #4295
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

I'm loving Skyward Sword and Skyrim.

Aaaand I can't wait for Mario Kart 7.

Quote:
Picked up Skyrim, Skyward Sword and The Last Specter yesterday. Since I'm not going to be playing any of them anytime soon, I'll give the last two to the kids for Christmas and play them when they're done. I'M A BAD MOM!!!!! I'd give Skyrim to my husband for Christmas but since he's the one who pre-ordered it, that won't work.
>Gives Professor Layton and the Last Specter to her kids for Christmas
>Thinks she's a bad mom

GIRL YOU SO CRAZY

[[btw, the specter's theme is uber fun to play on the ocarina.]]
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #4296
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Yeaaah, seriously Hag, my mom just gives me a Gamestop gift card for Christmas and tells me to buy my own damn games. She doesnt know what Skyrim even is. Her geeky husband got her to start playing WoW though! But yeah, dude, Hag, you're pretty much like the coolest mom ever!

Anyway, today was Thanksgiving so my cousins and I were drinking and sucking at NSMBWii. Other than that just the usual Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D. I'm pretty satisfied with the special stages in Mario, they make up for the rest of the game being so damn easy. I'm loving Zelda so far, but I'm not too wild about the controls. The Wii Motion Plus gets out of sync a lot, and I spend more time trying to recalibrate it than anything else. Oh and I hope flying isn't going to be too important. I can't figure it out at all!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #4297
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Okay, so, I'm playing Skyrim...

I just finished a quest for the Thieves' Guild and before I go back to Riften I tell myself "Ah, I'll do something for the NightMother." So I end up in Falkreath and my target happens to be a hunter in the middle of his..well..hunting. Easy target, I take my favorite bow, aim, and fucking Frost Dragon!

I thought, "Hm, I'll let the Dragon do my work, then I'll finish the bastard off."

Dragon dispatches the target, I complete the quest and then I aim at the dragon while the town guard charge toward the beast. Just before I let my first arrow fly, a dog named Barbas runs up to me and starts to...talk to me.

Crap.

There's a dragon rampaging in front of me and I can't do anything until the talking dog finishes its introduction. I can barely hear him because the roaring, crashing and screaming of guards. I wanted to choose "I have more pressing matters right now dog!", but I decided to listen to him anyway. The dragon moves out of my range of view and guards flying lifelessly over me. As soon as the dog finishes and I agree to help him, I turn around to see the dragon finish off the last guard.

I eventually killed the dragon, no thanks to Barbas.

Just another day in Skyrim!

(This just happened about five minutes ago...)
Unread 11-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #4298
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

My friend reminded me that I still have his copy of Ghost Trick so I worked on playing more of that yesterday. I really like the puzzles, especially because of how good it feels when you figure out a timed one, but the dialogue moves so slow. I get bored sitting there waiting for Sissel to do his little introduction to each new chapter. I want to just skip text. Hahaha I am awful.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #4299
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

So I gave in. I traded in my DS Lite, a bunch of stuff, and got a 3DS Zelda bundle.

And I love it. Seriously, the Zelda coloring and accents are gorgeous. There's even some nice subtle touches, like a grey back and gold card slot. Even the lettering is gold.

Oh yeah, and the game is still the best game ever made.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #4300
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
My friend reminded me that I still have his copy of Ghost Trick so I worked on playing more of that yesterday. I really like the puzzles, especially because of how good it feels when you figure out a timed one, but the dialogue moves so slow. I get bored sitting there waiting for Sissel to do his little introduction to each new chapter. I want to just skip text. Hahaha I am awful.
<3

It took me about halfway through the game to start caring about the story or characters. I obviously like the game but I'll admit that it's kind of slow, especially at the beginning.

If you hate reading text in your games though, you should never "play" 999. It's like, super hardcore with the text. I wonder if the sequel is going to be the same way.
Unread 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #4301
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
At the risk of sounding like kiss-ass, I dont think anyone can claim you're a bad mom, The Hag, especially when giving THE VIDEYA as gifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedFollower View Post
>Gives Professor Layton and the Last Specter to her kids for Christmas
>Thinks she's a bad mom

GIRL YOU SO CRAZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
But yeah, dude, Hag, you're pretty much like the coolest mom ever!
Thanks guys! (: I just feel sort of guilty because I know that, even though my kids will enjoy the games, my motivation is not 100% altruistic because I'll get to play them too. As "penance" I'll also buy them Portal 2, which we don't have yet. The whole family loved the first one and I can't play it due to 1st person POV issues that I have.

My husband has abandoned Dark Souls for Skyrim, so now I have no one to talk to about Dark Souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seventh Sea View Post
Okay, so, I'm playing Skyrim...
Et tu, SS? Et tu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I get bored sitting there waiting for Sissel to do his little introduction to each new chapter. I want to just skip text. Hahaha I am awful.
I'm the same way, often skipping text and cut scenes to the point where I have no clue as to what's going on. But the story in Ghost Trick really pulled me in and after the first couple of chapters, I didn't even notice the how much text there was.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #4302
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

My sister has the same problem with Portal. She really wants to play it, but the first person POV makes her sick. I have no idea how to help her.
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #4303
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Et tu, SS? Et tu?
Yes Ceasar 8D

Last edited by The Seventh Sea : 11-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.
The Seventh Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #4304
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Yesterday my boyfriend and I tried out the Dungeon Defenders demo. Pretty cute and fun!

And then we got around to the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta. I made a Jedi Knight that I'm having fun with, but then I found out that the female Republic Trooper is JENNIFER HALE. You play her and you are basically Commander Shepard: Star Wars Edition. Omg. I want to play my trooper more but I'm pretty invested in my knight already!

Also dude I totally get games for my boyfriend that I want to either watch or play too. It's no big deal. 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
If you hate reading text in your games though, you should never "play" 999. It's like, super hardcore with the text. I wonder if the sequel is going to be the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I'm the same way, often skipping text and cut scenes to the point where I have no clue as to what's going on. But the story in Ghost Trick really pulled me in and after the first couple of chapters, I didn't even notice the how much text there was.
I don't mean skipping text or having a problem just having to read a lot of text though, I mean not having the option to skip it! Ghost Trick has a lot of moments where Sissel is summarizing what's going on (the screen turns black, white text on the screen). I read very quickly so it sorta drives me crazy waiting for the game to decide that it's done loading the text that I already finished reading. That's my problem. I can't stand it in a lot of games. I want to be able to press skip as soon as I'm done reading dialogue, and Ghost Trick often won't let me.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #4305
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I would be playing Skyrim, except that now that I'm level 39 and have most of the world opened up, the game chugs like a drunk locamotive. The PS3 version of the game has serious problems; after playing for about 2 hours, the game reaches single digit framerates. It's inexcusable.

If you were planning on buying this game, don't get it for PS3.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote