Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #4306
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Just tried out Rayman Origins with a friend. Most fun I've had in a platforming game in a long time. And the hand-drawn art style is beautiful with the fluid frame-rate.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 11-28-2011 at 02:39 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #4307
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
If you were planning on buying this game, don't get it for PS3.
Yeah, I've heard that XBox is the way to go. PS3 has too many frame rate drops and the PC interface is supposedly clunky. We lucked out - we usually go with PS3 but my husband didn't specify which version in the pre-order and they put it down as XBox, so that's what we've got.

In other news - the Dark Souls 1.05 patch totally nerfed the Antiquated Skirt! I'm super pissed because not only did I LOVE kicking ass in a party dress and high heels, I also spent most of my Twinkling Titanite upgrading it to +5. Fuckers.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #4308
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

So Black Friday was a thing that went down...

What I bought (for others):
Bought Mrs. SW824 a shiney new blue 3DS and Cooking Mama 4 for X-mas, because that is what she wanted. I also picked up a new used Dreamcast on the cheap for a friend who lost ALL of his SEGA consoles due to flood damage over the summer. BTW Anyone have an idea as to what paint is best to use on console? I kind of want to slap a Zeon emblem on his DC.

For myself:
Bulletstorm, Raw vs Smackdown 2011 (PSP), NBA Jam and some obscure Japanese game called "Ghost Trick" for the DS that I'm sure no one has heard of.

What I've been playing:
Relapsed into Gears 3 Horde mode this prior to my mini-vacation, but since all I had access to these last couple of days were handhelds, I've been playing Zelda: On a train & RvSD2k11.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #4309
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
some obscure Japanese game called "Ghost Trick" for the DS that I'm sure no one has heard of.
Sounds lame.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #4310
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Sounds lame.
I havent touched it yet, but from the back of the case, it could use 100% more Halo. He's a cool guy.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #4311
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I havent touched it yet, but from the back of the case, it could use 100% more Halo. He's a cool guy.
Not afraid of anything...

In turn, cyber monday is happening right now and i'm using it to get ALL THE PRESENTS! Because malls are for suckers. Amazon has batman and skyrim for 34 dollars, which makes me feel like a sucker, further proving that malls are for suckers.

Need to buy some cosplay supplies and a few more presents, but after that, I AM DONE with buying ANYTHING that isn't food or drink until the new year. My credit card has a hole in it I've used it so much...digitally...

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #4312
iSeika

I've been playing LOZ: Skyward Sword [Wii] and Atelier Annie [DS].
iSeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #4313
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Once I finally finish the last New Vegas DLC, I'm thinking I'll finally get back to poor old Dragon Age Origins. I jumped ship for Dragon Age II a long time ago, but after loving DA2 so much I feel like I could appreciate Origins more now.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #4314
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Opp...45 hours into skyrim and I think I just hit the wall. Kind of don't wanna play anymore.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #4315
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Once I finally finish the last New Vegas DLC, I'm thinking I'll finally get back to poor old Dragon Age Origins. I jumped ship for Dragon Age II a long time ago, but after loving DA2 so much I feel like I could appreciate Origins more now.
Funny since after I beat DA:O a couple times and played a bit of 2 I realized how much I hate Dragon Age games.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #4316
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yeah, I've heard that XBox is the way to go. PS3 has too many frame rate drops and the PC interface is supposedly clunky. We lucked out - we usually go with PS3 but my husband didn't specify which version in the pre-order and they put it down as XBox, so that's what we've got.

In other news - the Dark Souls 1.05 patch totally nerfed the Antiquated Skirt! I'm super pissed because not only did I LOVE kicking ass in a party dress and high heels, I also spent most of my Twinkling Titanite upgrading it to +5. Fuckers.
PC is always best for elder scrolls games, always.

The interface is only clunky due to being designed for a controller (and there's several mods that fix it already, or one could just plug a controller into their PC and play that way).

But yeah, primary reason being, mods, and better graphics.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 03:10 AM   #4317
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Funny since after I beat DA:O a couple times and played a bit of 2 I realized how much I hate Dragon Age games.
Yet you... beat Origins more than once? I really wasn't digging Origins the first time I tried it, but DA2 gave me a new appreciation for the world. The gameplay of it is still way more my style over the first game, so we'll see how it goes.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #4318
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
PC is always best for elder scrolls games, always.
I'll take your word for it since it was just something that I'd read somewhere I don't remember by someone I don't remember. None of my PCs are anywhere near powerful enough for gaming.

Quote:
Yet you... beat Origins more than once? I really wasn't digging Origins the first time I tried it, but DA2 gave me a new appreciation for the world. The gameplay of it is still way more my style over the first game, so we'll see how it goes.
IMO, if they could combine the environments and battle layouts of DA:O with the story and battle mechanics of DAII it would be the perfect Dragon Age game.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #4319
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Mass Effect 2 did the same to me. Stupid Sexy Shepard.

I'm currently playing Bulletstorm and for less than $20 bucks, I'm having a ton of fun. It's a pretty, violent and incredibly immature FPS, but god is it fun, and probably one of the few games that rewards the player for "Bullet Sodomy".

Unread 11-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #4320
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
I really liked it at first but then as I played through again I started picking it apart and noticed all the shit that pissed me off but I was blind to all the WOW the first time around. Being a bad character is not balanced with being good, having a good all around party means using the same characters regardless of what YOU are, combat is boring.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote