Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #4366
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
i played Doom for the first time yesterday, its a fun game
We know. Now run along and play doom 2 in God mode for ultimate enjoyment.

When Tron came out a while back, I actually played the game. It was okay until you leave the grid, which stopped making it Tron for me. However, due to the Tron music in it and early-game elements that manage to capture the spirit of the franchise better than the rest of the game, I always looked at the collector's edition in our store longingly. To my surprise, a friend actually bought it for me.

Moral of the story: I'm going to start looking longingly at GOOD games from now on.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #4367
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Early X-mas gifts has resulted in a Kinect w/ Fruit Ninja & The Gunslinger, as well as Hard Corp Uprising. I've barely had a chance to use the Kinect outside of FN and some browsing, but DAYMMMMMM HC Uprising is hard.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #4368
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Early X-mas gifts has resulted in a Kinect w/ Fruit Ninja & The Gunslinger, as well as Hard Corp Uprising. I've barely had a chance to use the Kinect outside of FN and some browsing, but DAYMMMMMM HC Uprising is hard.
GO GET THE GUNSTRINGER DLC! RIGHT NOW! I'LL WAIT!

That free DLC is worth the cost of the gunstringer and perhaps a kinect.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #4369
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Me: "You know, Dark Souls wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Maybe I'm just getting good at the game mechanic. Let me try Demon's Souls again. I bet it will be easier now!"

Demon's Souls: "Ha ha! No."

Seriously, that game is still hard as balls.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #4370
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
GO GET THE GUNSTRINGER DLC! RIGHT NOW! I'LL WAIT!

That free DLC is worth the cost of the gunstringer and perhaps a kinect.
Free DLC eh? And how much does this free DLC cost?

That being said, I put some time into Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Arcade last night, but Game Dev story for the iphone is what I've been playing the most. SO ADDICTING!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #4371
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So I played UMvsC3 Heroes and Heralds mode for a while last night.

Took about 4 hours for that mode to get completely broken open wide. Auto-Forced Xfactor + Infinite Xfactor + Ground healing = You cannot die. GG Capcom, way to show that you didn't even try here.

Plus, I don't even know who this is for. If you're still playing this game at all, it's because you want to be at least somewhat competitive. So if you play HnH mode, you're going to learn all sorts of bad habits that are going to fuck with your game. And if you don't play competitively, you have to play online to get the best cards, which means you need to win online to get ANY cards, which means you're playing against people with the aforementioned deck, which means you never win, which means you never get cards.

Stupid. Good thing this was free because DAMN SON, this was not well thought out at all.

Last edited by Mesoian : 12-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Unread 12-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #4372
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
So I played UMvsC3 Heroes and Heralds mode for a while last night.

Took about 4 hours for that mode to get completely broken open wide. Auto-Forced Xfactor + Infinite Xfactor + Ground healing = You cannot die. GG Capcom, way to show that you didn't even try here.

Plus, I don't even know who this is for. If you're still playing this game at all, it's because you want to be at least somewhat competitive. So if you play HnH mode, you're going to learn all sorts of bad habits that are going to fuck with your game. And if you don't play competitively, you have to play online to get the best cards, which means you need to win online to get ANY cards, which means you're playing against people with the aforementioned deck, which means you never win, which means you never get cards.

Stupid. Good thing this was free because DAMN SON, this was not well thought out at all.
::: Will only play until he gets the Cyclops card, then it's back to the game drawer with it :::

Unread 12-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #4373
TheBrat

I actually just finished playing P4. It was an enjoyable 95 hours, the fighting style was very good, but I wasn't too fond of any of the character development or much of the storyline. Of course, there were some characters and aspects of the storyline that I absolutely loved.
TheBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #4374
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Star Wars The Old Republic.

It's nice to play a MMO that isn't complete shit since WoW came out.

In before a comment that says all MMOs are shit.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #4375
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

I don't think mmo's are crap per se, however people do ruin them for me on a daily basis. As a game designer I couldn't accept the fact that I am voluntarily giving up my direct control over ensuring the quality and fun factor of the game. Why would I design a game so that the typical player must rely on others not being total tools? I would want 100% of a customer's impression of a game come solely from what I put on the shelf, because I have no control over how others may spoil the fun for said customer.

EXAMPLE! In games like Halo, pretty much the kiddies always turn the other modes into slayer, making it impossible for you to play online games with anyone other than your immediate friends.
EXAMPLE! The even match of balanced skill levels rarely happens in fighters. Either you've unwittingly paired up with a guy who's convinced this game will go olympic and he's been spending WoW amounts of time perfecting his game, or the opponent is a complete noob who refuses to get better and doesn't even have the decency to finish the match.
EXAMPLE! Diablo 3 is online-only so that they can shove an in-game economy down ur throats. At this point I don't even care if I play solo or not, I just don't want to believe that Blizzard really thought that the Wow economy was really a good thing with no downsides whatsoever.

As always, having friends willing to buy whatever $60 games you're buying usually mitigates the "social" drawbacks of depending on complete buttnapkins to get anything done in your expensive investment. At the end of the day, I'm going to play a game that allows me to play alone.

EXAMPLE! Skyyyyyyyyrim...
EXAMPLE! Catherine
EXAMPLE! Ico

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack

Last edited by Crusader_8 : 12-21-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #4376
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

i played minecraft on a friends account and it was pretty fun.
Unread 12-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #4377
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I don't let others ruin my experience in an online game, I've dealt with tool bags all the time in WoW but I just don't let it bother me.

So far anyone I have directly played with in TOR has been ok.

It also helps that I do have a number of friends who play games with me online.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #4378
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Got around to playing more Skyward Sword.

Nope, I don't like this motion stuff at all.

Unread 12-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #4379
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I don't hate on MMOs, but at this point in the game, I refuse to pay for one that charges a monthly fee. I'm sure TOR is rad and all though.

I want to say I've been having fun w/ the Kinect, but that's a lie. The HHB has given me ALL OF THE GAMES for my PC, so I've been enjoying the hell out of those.

Unread 12-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #4380
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I don't hate on MMOs, but at this point in the game, I refuse to pay for one that charges a monthly fee. I'm sure TOR is rad and all though.

I want to say I've been having fun w/ the Kinect, but that's a lie. The HHB has given me ALL OF THE GAMES for my PC, so I've been enjoying the hell out of those.
whats the worst is the ones that are "free" but your very limited if you play it for free