Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #4486
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Eternal Sonata, until XIII-2 comes out, then I'll be spending all my time on that. :'D

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #4487
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
As stated elsewhere, I tried Skyrim for about an hour. I found it dull.
You're dull.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #4488
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
You're dull.
You're right. I'll be sure to sharpen my claws on you at the next available opportunity!

But seriously dude, don't take it personally. I'm not saying it's a bad game. Just not the kind of thing I like. How things when down for me:

1. Have to start in first person. Ugh. This triggers my vertigo.
2. Follow this guy. Wait? Wasn't he one of the guys about to kill me? Why is he helping me now? Who the hell is he again?
3. I get to make my character. Yay! Oh. No dwarves. :/ Make the prettiest Orc that I can.
4. I can go to 3rd person now. Yay! Wait. Why am I always backing up or walking like a crab? Why is it so hard to turn the camera so that I can admire my pretty Orc face?
5. Get some loot. Fight some guys. X-X-X-X-X-X Am I even hitting this guy? X-X-X-X-X-X Is this the guy I'm supposed to be hitting? Is this the guy who was about to kill me or the guy who's trying to kill me now? Wait, what? I better use my shield. Damn, I'm slow now!
6. Guy who was going to kill me but is now helping me: "See if there's anything in this locked cell." Me: "Sure!" *picks lock, no loot* :/
7. Wander around Skyrim. That part's pretty cool. Lots of cute animals. I chase them around but don't kill any of them because I'm a vegan Orc. Tested how far down I could jump without dieing. Died.
8. Got to town. Smacked snotty kid with my mace, aggro'd everyone. Reloaded.
9. Asked questions, listened, got bored, went swimming, caught some fish. Maybe I'm a pescatarian Orc?
10. I'm supposed to go talk to someone and tell them about the dragon and ask for help. I don't want to. Turned on PS3. Beat Dark Souls with level 5 character then killed griefers with my Sunbros.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #4489
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

D/led the demo for Resident Evil Revelations and man, the game looks good in action. Controls are a tad sluggish, but nothing damning. Will pick up when it's not $50, because that's an insane amount of money for a portable game.

Also got around to playing the J-demo for "Yakuza: The End", which was super moon-ruin heavy, so that didn't go well for me.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #4490
akishiko
Loli act

Quote:
You're right. I'll be sure to sharpen my claws on you at the next available opportunity!

But seriously dude, don't take it personally. I'm not saying it's a bad game. Just not the kind of thing I like. How things when down for me:

1. Have to start in first person. Ugh. This triggers my vertigo.
2. Follow this guy. Wait? Wasn't he one of the guys about to kill me? Why is he helping me now? Who the hell is he again?
3. I get to make my character. Yay! Oh. No dwarves. :/ Make the prettiest Orc that I can.
4. I can go to 3rd person now. Yay! Wait. Why am I always backing up or walking like a crab? Why is it so hard to turn the camera so that I can admire my pretty Orc face?
5. Get some loot. Fight some guys. X-X-X-X-X-X Am I even hitting this guy? X-X-X-X-X-X Is this the guy I'm supposed to be hitting? Is this the guy who was about to kill me or the guy who's trying to kill me now? Wait, what? I better use my shield. Damn, I'm slow now!
6. Guy who was going to kill me but is now helping me: "See if there's anything in this locked cell." Me: "Sure!" *picks lock, no loot* :/
7. Wander around Skyrim. That part's pretty cool. Lots of cute animals. I chase them around but don't kill any of them because I'm a vegan Orc. Tested how far down I could jump without dieing. Died.
8. Got to town. Smacked snotty kid with my mace, aggro'd everyone. Reloaded.
9. Asked questions, listened, got bored, went swimming, caught some fish. Maybe I'm a pescatarian Orc?
10. I'm supposed to go talk to someone and tell them about the dragon and ask for help. I don't want to. Turned on PS3. Beat Dark Souls with level 5 character then killed griefers with my Sunbros.
Skyrim's battle system sucks butt :<

Say hi to me, hug me, whatever!
Hyper Japan (Nov 2012)
Izumi Konata, Haruhi ver. [Lucky Star]

London MCM Expo (May 2012)
Kasugano Sakura [Street Fighter] - Definite
Other ideas: Satonaka Chie [Persona 4]; Sakura Kyoko [Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
akishiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #4491
sam vimes
A real live wire

You hate Skyrim, Hag ? Why?

Quote:
I'm a vegan Orc
Oh. Mystery solved.

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #4492
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by akishiko View Post
Skyrim's battle system sucks butt :<
I have no idea how you guys are having that much trouble. Use power attacks predominately, use weaker normal attacks to let your stamina recharge, use shield or spells to defend.

Or use Archery and never have to deal with any of that mess.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #4493
akishiko
Loli act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
I have no idea how you guys are having that much trouble. Use power attacks predominately, use weaker normal attacks to let your stamina recharge, use shield or spells to defend.

Or use Archery and never have to deal with any of that mess.
Nope. I meant, it's too easy. There's no dodging, blocking, rolling or anything like that involved. The enemies are too weak, even the dragons (arrowarrowarrowdead) I'm not saying the game's OMGSOBAD, it's okay just not my thing.

EDIT: Back on topic. Friend bought Disgaea 4, gonna see if it's worth to buy :3

Hyper Japan (Nov 2012)

Other ideas: Satonaka Chie [Persona 4]; Sakura Kyoko [Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
Unread 01-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #4494
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
You hate Skyrim, Hag ? Why?
I don't hate it. I just find it sort of, er, not very interesting. Aside from not liking the combat much, it's also clear that I'm going to have to get involved in everyone's politics when all I really want to do is fight dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Oh. Mystery solved.
Uh, the vegan part was a joke. But I'm still not going to kill animals that don't attack me. I am an Orc though. I would have been a dwarf - but Skyrim says no. Despite the fact that you can pick up loot that is Dwarven This or That, you can't actually be a dwarf. People are so racist against dwarfs. ):<

Quote:
Nope. I meant, it's too easy.
This. Despite it often not being clear to me that I've actually hit the guy, they die after two swings. I just gave the game another chance. Went through a dungeon, got to the "boss", turned on my Berzerker power, hit him once and he was dead. :/ How is that fun? I'm moving on to Mass Effect.
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #4495
akishiko
Loli act

Quote:
This. Despite it often not being clear to me that I've actually hit the guy, they die after two swings. I just gave the game another chance. Went through a dungeon, got to the "boss", turned on my Berzerker power, hit him once and he was dead. :/ How is that fun? I'm moving on to Mass Effect.
I found it boring after killing people in two hits and dragons with... arrows.

Also, Sunbro-fist!

Hyper Japan (Nov 2012)

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #4496
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I, on the other hand, am enjoying Skyrim.

I also downloaded the RE:Revelations demo. It's charmingly old school.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #4497
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I've been playing nothing but Skyrim lately. I know it's the other way around, but to ME it's Fantasy!Fallout and that's why I enjoy it.

I miss Uncharted 3 though, there's no reason I shouldn't've beaten that game already. Maybe tomorrow!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #4498
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I know it's the other way around, but to ME it's Fantasy!Fallout and that's why I enjoy it.
I pretty much see Fallout and Elder Scrolls going hand-in-hand but one's a sci-fi version and one's a fantasy version. I love these games!

And I keep replaying the Revelations demo. I'm looking forward to this game!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #4499
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Honestly, I think that I should avoid playing any game that involves wielding a sword for a while as I will just end up comparing it unfavorably to Dark Souls. :/ I'm better off shooting stuff in Mass Effect. Re-started it last night. Man. There's a lot of talking! Still trying to figure out the different guns, grenades, omni-tool, biotic, whatever. Or, at least, I would be except that people WILL NOT STFU! I keep talking to people hoping that they will tell me to go shoot someone but they all just want me to go talk to someone else. But, I'm enjoying the characters and the environment so far and it seems like the battle mechanics will be interesting.

Quote:
Also, Sunbro-fist!
If only I could be so grossly incandescent!
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #4500
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Uh, the vegan part was a joke. But I'm still not going to kill animals that don't attack me.
UGH. You and PD should start a club.

Quote:
I am an Orc though. I would have been a dwarf - but Skyrim says no. Despite the fact that you can pick up loot that is Dwarven This or That, you can't actually be a dwarf. People are so racist against dwarfs.
IF YOU PLAYED THE GAME you'd find out why that is. It's actually part of the history of the Elder Scrolls universe.

I can understand your frustration about wanting to fight dragons though. I haven't found any for days and it's getting annoying.

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote