Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #4501
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
UGH. You and PD should start a club.
We have started a club. We call it the Girly-girls Super Sparkly Animal Lovers Club. But seriously, dude. Why should I kill an animal, or a person for that matter, who isn't bothering me? Unless, you know, they drop some really awesome loot.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #4502
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Rhythm Tengoku Fever.

Why are there not more of these games? Absolutely delightful!

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #4503
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I can understand your frustration about wanting to fight dragons though. I haven't found any for days and it's getting annoying.
Dude I ran into two in a row the other day. They keep showing up at the worst times. You can have mine!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #4504
akishiko
Loli act

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Honestly, I think that I should avoid playing any game that involves wielding a sword for a while as I will just end up comparing it unfavorably to Dark Souls. :/
Oh dear, me too. I keep comparing Skyrim to Dark Souls even though apparently they're completely different. But I really just can't enjoy Skyrim after playing Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.

Anyways, everyone is having a UMvC3 tournament atm. I realise I'm not very good at this game lol

Say hi to me, hug me, whatever!
Hyper Japan (Nov 2012)
Izumi Konata, Haruhi ver. [Lucky Star]

London MCM Expo (May 2012)
Kasugano Sakura [Street Fighter] - Definite
Other ideas: Satonaka Chie [Persona 4]; Sakura Kyoko [Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
akishiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #4505
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Dude I ran into two in a row the other day. They keep showing up at the worst times. You can have mine!
I ran into a couple last night. Just walking around minding my own business then SUDDENLY DRAGONS EVERYWHERE!!

And then I learned about dragon priests when, after killing one of the dragons, this dude popped up and immediately killed me. Whoops!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #4506
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

The Resident Evil Revelations demo makes me go cross-eyed.

I am not joking.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #4507
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I ran into a couple last night. Just walking around minding my own business then SUDDENLY DRAGONS EVERYWHERE!!

And then I learned about dragon priests when, after killing one of the dragons, this dude popped up and immediately killed me. Whoops!
Take their masks. They're some of the best accessories in the game!

Unread 01-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #4508
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
The Resident Evil Revelations demo makes me go cross-eyed.

I am not joking.
In the options menu you can adjust the depth, you might want to make it as shallow as possible. Don't forget to adjust the depth slider too. My sister literally can't see the the 3D but she can kind of see it on the lowest setting.

When I first got my 3DS the 3D made me dizzy, but I got used to it after a while. I played the Revelations demo I played on the strongest 3D and love it. I don't know how this whole thing works but maybe it takes practice to get used to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Take their masks. They're some of the best accessories in the game!
Thanks, man! I killed Krosis and took his mask last night. It's awesome.
Unread 01-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #4509
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Thanks, man! I killed Krosis and took his mask last night. It's awesome.
I used Krosis throughout 90% of the game, one of the most useful items in the game, if you're not looking to completely cheat the system.

Just finished the Kingdom of Amalur demo. It's how fable should have been, right down to the old ass xbox style menus. It's a shame because Skyrim's visual UI completely smokes Amalur's, to the point where Amalur feels clunky and outdated, much like Fable's menus. It's kinda fun though, though the combat is SUPER easy and nothing has even come close to killing me. It falls into the pit of old school wrpgs with it's handling of persistant stuff. I was looking for the receipe for some quest by rummaging through some dwarven lady's drawers, stole some stuff, was instantly caught by the nothing in the house, had guards rush in, failed my bribe roll, resisted arrested, killed EVERY GUARD IN THE TOWN, looted the prison key off one of the guards, eventually surrendered to get the heat off, they threw me in jail, I then USED THE KEY I HAD LOOTED TO OPEN THE CELL DOOR, walked past the two people who were supposed to be guarding me, took all my stuff, walked out, and it was like nothing ever happened.

So...I dunno. Maybe after mass effect. I got a mass effect item from the demo, so...that's a thing. I like the character creator, the hair sucks though, very helmety...

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #4510
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Really enjoying Mass Effect. I don't think the controls are that bad. And I actually think the Mako is kind of fun. I spent some time test driving it to see if I could flip it (I could) and whether I could drive through lava (I can't). The character chatter is pretty amusing. My biggest gripe is that there doesn't seem to be any way to skip cutscenes. :/
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #4511
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Quote:
Apparently all I needed to do was complain about it, because I ran into five yesterday.

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #4512
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Apparently all I needed to do was complain about it, because I ran into five yesterday.
Yeah, I ran into another one last night. I fast-traveled to the wrong place where I immediately caught on fire thanks to a dragon.
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #4513
akishiko
Loli act

I finished FFXIII-2 demo finally. I kept needing to leave the house whenever I'm playing it and I can't save it -.- It's looking pretty good so far. I do like Serah more than Lightning though.

Say hi to me, hug me, whatever!
Hyper Japan (Nov 2012)
Izumi Konata, Haruhi ver. [Lucky Star]

London MCM Expo (May 2012)
Kasugano Sakura [Street Fighter] - Definite
Other ideas: Satonaka Chie [Persona 4]; Sakura Kyoko [Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
akishiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #4514
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
In the options menu you can adjust the depth, you might want to make it as shallow as possible. Don't forget to adjust the depth slider too. My sister literally can't see the the 3D but she can kind of see it on the lowest setting.

When I first got my 3DS the 3D made me dizzy, but I got used to it after a while. I played the Revelations demo I played on the strongest 3D and love it. I don't know how this whole thing works but maybe it takes practice to get used to?
I probably should have mentioned that I had the 3D slider all the way up, and the in-game adjuster on "Very Strong." If I leave it on "Normal," and keep the slider at about halfway, it doesn't give me any problems.

I just wanted to see what it was like cranked up to 11, but, man, I'm never doing that again. What a weird sensation.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #4515
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Really enjoying Mass Effect. I don't think the controls are that bad. And I actually think the Mako is kind of fun. I spent some time test driving it to see if I could flip it (I could) and whether I could drive through lava (I can't). The character chatter is pretty amusing. My biggest gripe is that there doesn't seem to be any way to skip cutscenes. :/
Really glad you're liking ME. Although man, your likes and gripes and definetly....unique, lol.
As for the cutscence, take relief in ME2 there's several chances to interrupt NPC monologues, often with hilarious and awesome results.

So I managed to get a whopping 2-3 hours of gaming done this weekend (frigging social butterfly that I am), and it's been the following

That Reckoning demo- A decent Dragon Age clone, I do like the combat a ton BUT I only d/led it for the ME3 loot you get for playing it. I'll keep my eyes on the reviews and maybe pick it up on the cheap.

Resident Evil 4 HD- Literally forgot I owned this game until I decided to do some HDD management. Still amazing.

As for RE:R, I turned the 3D off after like 5 minutes. The "sweet spot" angle kept on changing for me.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote