Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #4621
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Syndicate. Sleeper GOTY. Surprisingly excellent.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #4622
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infection View Post
Twisted Metal...and I'm in love all over again with this series. -heart skips a beat to the sound of missiles flying in the air-
I feel you bro. I miss playing the TM games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #4623
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Although it was inferior, I liked the battletanx games on N64. It was the first game I played in which player decision changed the envrionment which ultimately influenced future player decision. A simple yet brilliant concept in game design.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #4624
Ororo Howlett
When in doubt, FRAG OUT!

HL: Episode 2 and MW3 Infected mode.
00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000
01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001
01100101 00101110
Ororo Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #4625
{L}uxi
I'M CAPTAIN BASCH!

Currently playing metal gear solid.3 :3. Its so lovely on the hd collection
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #4626
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Still slowly going for 100% achievements on Skyrim (I may cry when they release DLC). Just 9 left to go! They're mostly repetitive ones left anyway... clear 50 dungeons, read 50 skillbooks. Bleh. It may be clear I don't do a lot of straight-up adventuring. I mostly just fast travel and take care of quests. I guess that has to change now. :x

I randomly picked Blue Dragon back up after 3 years since I last played it. I was only 7 hours in. I've played about 3-4 more hours so far. It's good mindless fun while I'm reading on the couch. I was inspired by the fact that my boyfriend and I picked two older games to play co-op the other night, The Simpsons Game and Dynasty Warriors 6. The 360 is getting some old game love!

Annnd I have also been playing a bunch of IDOLM@STER 2 on my PS3. I finished my 2nd unit playthrough earlier in the week, finished my 3rd unit over the course of 3 days, and started unit #4. But after that? Oh god I need a break. I got a lot of cool stuff unlocked, though. I am getting closer to giving in and getting overpriced DLC for it.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #4627
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I only have, like, 125 gamerscore in Skyrim haha. I've been doing a lot, but I'm apparently only doing quests and things that don't give achievements!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #4628
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Greetings from Fort Sam Houston, TX!

I haven't been able to play much of anything with all the training I'm being put through. You know what's intense? Learning a 6 month EMT course in 6 weeks, while also being a soldier and doing soldiery things. But on the bright side, in about 6 weeks I'll be trained to perform a tracheotomy, oddly enough only on other military personnel.

But I bought a brand new laptop and I'm [slowly] in the process of downloading TF2, at least!
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #4629
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Tried out a bit of Dissidia Duodecim and remembered just how bad this game is. I keep losing to A.I. opponents even on "easy" difficulty, and I really don't understand why. If Square stuck with a simple 3-D fighting game system similar to Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm or something then I would've been all over it.

Okay, done ranting, and back to playing my new imported copy of Valkyria Chronicles III: Extra Edition, and some God Eater Burst on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Annnd I have also been playing a bunch of IDOLM@STER 2 on my PS3. I finished my 2nd unit playthrough earlier in the week, finished my 3rd unit over the course of 3 days, and started unit #4. But after that? Oh god I need a break. I got a lot of cool stuff unlocked, though. I am getting closer to giving in and getting overpriced DLC for it.
I love the music in that game. My girlfriend's been playing that game as well. I've been thinking of getting it myself, but iDOLM@STER 2 seems to require a bit more Japanese than I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post

I haven't been able to play much of anything with all the training I'm being put through. You know what's intense? Learning a 6 month EMT course in 6 weeks, while also being a soldier and doing soldiery things. But on the bright side, in about 6 weeks I'll be trained to perform a tracheotomy, oddly enough only on other military personnel.

But I bought a brand new laptop and I'm [slowly] in the process of downloading TF2, at least!
Hey Kenmichi! Glad to see you back! Seems like your training's been tough! Hang in there! Do it for Gallia-I mean, America!

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 02-26-2012 at 07:36 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #4630
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Tried out a bit of Dissidia Duodecim and remembered just how bad this game is. I keep losing to A.I. opponents even on "easy" difficulty, and I really don't understand why.

Yikes. I don't wanna be one of those guys who question your "skillz" but DD isn't that hard from the get go. I assume you're doing story mode? Who you rolling as?

In other news, I attempted to wrap up my 2nd ME2 run through, aiming for a perfect run. Here's how it plays out.
Activate Legion
WHOMP WHOMP COLLECTOR'S/REAVER'S STEAL MY CREW (possibly my skull as well).
Whelp, better do Legion's loyalty quest b4 I do the Omega run.
Do that, all loyalty missions now completed, ship is maxed them and I just boinked Miranda, time to be heroes.
Sent Legion to the ducts, rolling in with Samara and Garrus, let Jacob lead other team.
WHOMP WHOMP APPARENTLY DOING SAID QUEST MURDERS HALF MY NPC CREW!
OH NOEZ, JACOB IS SHOT....oh he's actually fine. YAY SPACE KAYNE!
Send Mordin back to ship w/ survivors. All live.
Roll into final battle w/ Samara and Garrus, nuke the Human Reaver.
WHOMP WHOMP TALI DIES AS THE SECONDARY CREW RETURNS TO THE NORMANDY!

I saved before doing this, so hopefully if I switch up somethings, I can do this w/o murdering my main crew. IF NOT, LOOKS LIKE IM A FEW CREWMATES SHORT COMES NEXT WEEK!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 02-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #4631
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I saved before doing this, so hopefully if I switch up somethings, I can do this w/o murdering my main crew. IF NOT, LOOKS LIKE IM A FEW CREWMATES SHORT COMES NEXT WEEK!
Yikes. I don't wanna be one of those guys who question your "skillz" but the correct choices for 100% survival were pretty obvious! XD

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Sent Tali up the ducts, had Garrus lead the B-team, sent Jacob back with the survivors.

Yeah, I'm being a dick. Sorry. Here's a story so that you can laugh at me - I tried to play Fatal Frame this weekend and it was a complete bust. Either my game is broken or I'm a total derpette. Very first part of the first night, I got stuck. Finally I look online and it says that when I interact with a screen it's supposed to trigger a cut scene to reveal a hidden door. It doesn't. Maybe there's a different screen that I'm missing? So I restart and follow the guide step-by-step. Cut scene get - right at the place where I wasn't getting it before. Fine. Go to second part. GET STUCK AGAIN!!!! D:< THE FUCK! Check the guide AGAIN. It says interact with a sliding door to get a cut scene. I ALREADY TRIED THAT!!! NO CUT SCENE!!!! Googled and couldn't find anyone else complaining about this problem so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I wasn't enjoying the game enough to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
Hey! Good to see you posting again.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #4632
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yikes. I don't wanna be one of those guys who question your "skillz" but the correct choices for 100% survival were pretty obvious! XD

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Sent Tali up the ducts, had Garrus lead the B-team, sent Jacob back with the survivors.
Funny I though you said you were above dick-waving :P

Spent the morning looking at GameFAQs. The Legion/Jacob decision was right, but what did me in was taking Garrus and Samara w/me to the final fight. Apparently I'm suppose to take people w/low defense into the final battle, not my best crew. So it's Tali and Kasumi for the final battle.

Also Mordin has a 90% chance of dying if not sent back with the survivors. And even if you do everything right.

EDIT: Also, apparently nothing is 100% guaranteed in ME2. In my firstplay through, I had Garrus lead the distraction team and Grunt bought the farm. Which explains why I have multiple save files on the 360 since. (My femshep only exists in ME1 and the PC version of ME2).

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 02-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #4633
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Funny I though you said you were above dick-waving :P
I did say that. Clearly I lied.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #4634
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Yikes. I don't wanna be one of those guys who question your "skillz" but DD isn't that hard from the get go. I assume you're doing story mode? Who you rolling as?
I'm actually just going through 1 vs 1 matches as Tifa and Lightning. I just don't understand how I can gain so little Bravery even if I'm successfully attacking my opponent. Maybe my equipment and accessories suck. Blocks seem pretty useless in this game too, especially against HP attacks. Then again, a stat-based fighting game sounds stupid to begin with.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 02-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #4635
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
I'm actually just going through 1 vs 1 matches as Tifa and Lightning. I just don't understand how I can gain so little Bravery even if I'm successfully attacking my opponent. Maybe my equipment and accessories suck. Blocks seem pretty useless in this game too, especially against HP attacks. Then again, a stat-based fighting game sounds stupid to begin with.
Then you want to play story mode first. Level up your characters, get some better equipmunk, etc. It's a pain of the ass, but at least you'll learn the characters a little better. And yeah, blocking is BS, dodging is your best bet.