Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #4666
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
So good. I've been neglecting the only Katamari game I can currently play, Katamari Forever, but I should get back to it sometime. :9
I was thinking about you last night (in a totally not creepy way) because I remember you saying how awful the King of All Cosmos was in KF. He is MUCH worse in W<3K that in KD. Seriously. I've been clearing most of the levels on the first try but he's still all like, "YOU SUCK!" I've only not pissed him off once. And the couple of times when I failed the level, he shot me with laser beams from his eyes! The fuck! Still - I'm so happy to be rolling stuff up again. And the music is so wonderful. I love the underwater level and the sumo level. <3<3<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteAltesse View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
I enjoyed it at first but lost interest at the 40 hour mark. Which is unusual for me. In the vast majority of cases if I make it past an hour, I'll finish a game. The biggest problems for me were that it was too easy - there's really not that much to figure out - and the enemies were not that interesting. They are pretty much the same in all the areas and none of them are very epic. I did like the battle mechanics though and the world is very pretty.

Last edited by The Hag : 03-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #4667
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteAltesse View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

It's so good! I've only played about twelve hours (or more) and that's just in side quests. I haven't even covered the main quest, taken on all of the side quests, and I've only been to three out of five of the areas. I've covered just about all of the first area, but the other two I've barely explored. I'm really excited to see what else is in store for the game.
Protip: If you want this game to stay crisp and interesting, you should stop doing sidequests. Like...immediately.

Amalur is an excellent 20 hour game. It is a TERRIBLE 60 hour game.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #4668
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Protip: If you want this game to stay crisp and interesting, you should stop doing sidequests. Like...immediately.

Amalur is an excellent 20 hour game. It is a TERRIBLE 60 hour game.
You're right of course. And I told myself to do just that. But I couldn't help myself. Another problem I had was that I thought the storyline for the House of Ballads Faction was really kind of brilliant.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
All of them were basically historical Re-enactors.
It was so much more interesting than the main quest that once I finished it, I kind of lost interest in the game.
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #4669
MoeLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader_8 View Post
Bang top tier? As they say in Tron, "The Game has Changed." So.... Tager is second-worst?
Here's a rough tier list if it means anything.
Code:
Current Dustloop Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen >> Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama
A Rank: Tager, Bang, Carl, Mu >> Relius, Noel, Platinum, Lambda
B Rank: Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tsubaki, Makoto

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 1/23/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
A Rank: Arakune, Hazama, Tager, Taokaka, Bang, Carl
B Rank: Relius, Mu, Noel, Platinum, Lambda >> Rachel, Litchi, Jin
C Rank: Tsubaki, Makoto

Satoshi List: 1/9/12
S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen, Arakune, Taokaka, Hazama, Carl
A Rank: Everyone Else
Well, actually looking at the Extend tier list ranks Tao high for some reason...But I forgot to finish my thought last post (sorry ) Tager places top tiers almost in any list, coming from both high damage output to health and the amount of guard primers he has. Having no dash and slow moving forward speed does make him a bad match up against someone like Carl or Arakune… Or really any character that can get him into a loop. For me, Taokaka has low health to damage output so that puts me at a disadvantage against almost every charater. Phew, sorry that's a mouth full I'm big into the Blazblue scene so I tend to be a bit sassy.

Planned cosplay:
(Great chance)Genderbent!Stocking from Panty and Stocking.
Marshall Lee The Vampire King and Tori as Marceline The Vampire Queen.
MoeLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #4670
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

I use Taokaka in Calamity Trigger. Its the only BlazBlue that I have. When I get Extend I really want to check out Makoto because she looks like total fun.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #4671
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

I still like Taokaka, but she feels so nerfed now. I'm thinking I will, in the long run, specialize with Taokaka when I feel like trolling, Tsubaki or Hakumen when I feel like winning, and Lamda-11 when I feel like winning in style.

Going to go get accused of hacking for the way I snipe in TF2. Anyone want in? Please join me... http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crab_Nicholson

Last edited by Zweihander : 03-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #4672
jessthecoolcat
Official KH fangirl X3

Just finished the Kingdom Hearts series again, gonna buy or rent some Final Fantasies soon.
Cons-
Anime Matsuri
Oni-Con
(Occasionally) A-kon
Delta H Con

Cosplays planned-
Kaito (VL) 23%
L (DN) 85%
Kida (DRRR!!) 70%
jessthecoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #4673
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm almost level 46 in Skyrim now and I'm kinda going crazy trying to get to level 50. I've got 120 hours logged on this save file. dsjlgjfgk how am I not level 50 yet!!! ...I start a new job on Monday, so I uh, really don't know if I'll have time for this game after tomorrow.

Tonight I took a break from Skyrim. I popped in Mass Effect 2, because ME3 comes out SO SOON and I never did finish Arrival, oops. Took care of that. It's funny, I remember I quit playing because I was stuck in this one fight. I played it tonight and finished the firefight on the first try. I guess sometimes you just need to take a break, cool your head, and try again later... though in my case, this was a year later. Ahaha man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I was thinking about you last night (in a totally not creepy way) because I remember you saying how awful the King of All Cosmos was in KF. He is MUCH worse in W<3K that in KD. Seriously. I've been clearing most of the levels on the first try but he's still all like, "YOU SUCK!" I've only not pissed him off once. And the couple of times when I failed the level, he shot me with laser beams from his eyes! The fuck! Still - I'm so happy to be rolling stuff up again. And the music is so wonderful. I love the underwater level and the sumo level. <3<3<3
AHAHAHA yeah I remember that conversation! Now I remember why I haven't been so jazzed about playing!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #4674
Otaking97
Terrible Great King

I'm playing Bully. Its actually pretty good. Plus he looks like me so think I'm gonna cosplay from it.

My HUGE ASS Anime/Manga/Figure collection:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=352110
Otaking97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #4675
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Kingdoms of Amalur.

way to Repetitive. i beat the game around 19 hours, doing side quests have put 72 hours into the game, sad to say the game got repetitive around 14 hours. game has froze twice whenever i got to a certain area. the weapon type in the game are Very weak only around 4% of the weapons are worth anything everything else you just JUNK or sell. the game is way to easy on hard mode, I have yet to die in the game, kinda wondering what it is like? hmm eh oh well.
should have waited for the price to drop to around $20.....

\
Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #4676
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

Final Fantasy 3 DS

This game is KILLING me!
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #4677
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

ME3. I'm pretty disappointed with the way EA and Bioware handled the import stuff. If they didn't want to uphold to the legacy they said they were creating, they shouldn't have placed so much emphasis on in the first place.

Edit 4 hours later:

But it's all good.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 03-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #4678
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicFantasyVII View Post
Final Fantasy 3 DS

This game is KILLING me!
You can cheeseball a bit and raise your job level much higher than your actual level, makes things way easier.

Just go to the start town, put everyone in the back, and get in a fight with a goblin or two. Then have everyone guard 10 times, it's different per job, but 10 is a safe number. Every battle you will job level because you it's levels depending on how many actions you take in battle.

I have made a level 7 Refia with monk at job 99, she hits in the thousands.

Not what I said, but close enough:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...icture0051.jpg

(Level 7 Thief Job Level 40)

Also, when I took my DS out for that pic after not using it for a while, guess what happened.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...icture0052.jpg

Time for a new

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
tube of super glue

MY DS BROKE FOR YOU, YOU BETTER APPRECIATE THAT PIC.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #4679
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Mass Erect 3. Intentional typo BTW.

But dear god, the game is wonderful and I am the happiest of Chris'. About 7 hours into the campaign, and spent 2.5 hours doing MP fun w/ Mes and 2 of my friends. Goods times were had by all.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #4680
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
AHAHAHA yeah I remember that conversation! Now I remember why I haven't been so jazzed about playing!
Now that I've been playing it for awhile I've come to the conclusion that not only is the King a bigger dick in this one, the game is harder. :/ Well, in some ways. I haven't had much trouble at all clearing levels (I remember getting kind of stuck on like level 6 or 7 in Katamari Damacy) but I've having a really hard time hitting the super clear sizes/times. And I've only been able to get the meteors on the first two levels. :/ I even went out and bought a new PS2 controller (I was still using the original one) thinking, "Oh, this controller is so old and dusty, I'm sure it's slowing me down!" No. I just suck. But I really like all of the new levels. I'm don't like the "collected item" layout though - how it's on a wheel now. I much preferred the page layout of the first game and how you could sort things by location and size as well. But I picked up ME3 today (and pre-ordered The Witcher 2) so I'm going to take a break from rolling stuff up and start that tonight.