Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #4681
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Street Fighter x Tekken.

Using mainly Street Fighter characters, tho. Was never really good at Tekken. haha
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #4682
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
Street Fighter x Tekken.

Using mainly Street Fighter characters, tho. Was never really good at Tekken. haha
I started with just playing Street Fighter characters since they're the ones I mainly know, but now I'm starting to use Tekken characters more often. In these games though, I always end up maining some random character instead of who I thought I'd main.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #4683
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Playing SFxT for 2 days now, I have to say it's quite enjoyable. I will say that paying the extra $10 for the Special Edition was definitely not worth it. You're supposed to get this "45 Gems Download Token" which I can't seem to find, a crappy comic taking up half of the instruction manual which didn't even have a character roster & move list, and a cheap little coin-bank that you have to put together. I had a choice, and should've just gotten the normal version.

People have said that there's a horrible lag playing online, and that the sounds craps out a lot when you play a match. While the sound part I understand and it is annoying, I haven't had any problems with lagging. However, when playing a Ranked Match, you only get one choice as to who you're playing against, as-opposed to SFIV where you had a choice of online opponents to select.

And yesterday, it was discovered by hackers that the extra characters are in-fact on the SFxT disc, but you can't access them until later on when they become available via paid-DLC.

http://gamerant.com/street-fighter-x...sc-tao-137057/

It would be nice to have all of them available soon, else I might end-up selling this at the Fanime Swap Meet in May.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #4684
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
ME3. I'm pretty disappointed with the way EA and Bioware handled the import stuff.
Yeah, me too. Especially because it FAILED. D:< It brought in all the background info but not the character model. So I had to make a new avatar which of course is now somewhat different than my first one. It is really distracting from the immersive experience. :/ I also dislike

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
the new Ashley model. She looks like she's had work done. And what's with the heavy eye make-up? She's a soldier for fuck's sake.

A couple of other things bugged me but I've only just finished the prologue so I'm not going to be overly critical at this point. I was really worried at first

when that kid kept showing up that I was going to end up baby-sitting him
and was relieved when it turned out not to be the case.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #4685
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yeah, me too. Especially because it FAILED. D:< It brought in all the background info but not the character model. So I had to make a new avatar which of course is now somewhat different than my first one. It is really distracting from the immersive experience. :/ I also dislike

the new Ashley model. She looks like she's had work done. And what's with the heavy eye make-up? She's a soldier for fuck's sake.

A couple of other things bugged me but I've only just finished the prologue so I'm not going to be overly critical at this point. I was really worried at first

when that kid kept showing up that I was going to end up baby-sitting him
I really dont mind the new Ash model overall, but the make-up is annoying. I also have a messed-up comment to make regarding her, but I'll wait for some time to pass and spoilers are a little more tolerable.

Put another 90 minutes into the game last night, and damn, it remains rad as hell.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #4686
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I really dont mind the new Ash model overall, but the make-up is annoying.
TBH, that's my main complaint. I don't remember her boobs being that big in 1 and 2 but whatever. Maybe she has new health insurance that covers oral contraceptives. But as long as they don't have her start acting like a stupid sexual stereotype, I won't sweat it. Speaking of which - my first impression of

James Vega is that he is just that - a thick-headed hunk of man-meat. When we got to Mars, I felt like I was saying, "Run along you dumb lowly grunt. Go guard the ship while I hang-out with my pal the awesome blue space lesbian." IDK - it just seemed like kind of a sucky way to introduce a new squad member.
But - like I said - I'm really early on and maybe the character will develop.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #4687
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
I think that was the exact opposite reaction Bioware was going for, ha ha.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #4688
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
I think that was the exact opposite reaction Bioware was going for, ha ha.
Yeah, well, then I did feel kind of guilty! XD BUT -

I have learned to never believe that someone is dead unless it is actually shown on screen or described in the book. And in science fiction you can't even count on it then - I mean, look at the beginning of ME2. I was super-pissed when I started it and the first thing that happened was that my ship exploded and I DIED! But then we both got resurrected and I continued on happy as a clam. At my house we have a standard debate about whether particular characters are really dead or only Farscape-dead.
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #4689
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
TBH, that's my main complaint. I don't remember her boobs being that big in 1 and 2 but whatever. Maybe she has new health insurance that covers oral contraceptives. But as long as they don't have her start acting like a stupid sexual stereotype, I won't sweat it. Speaking of which - my first impression of

James Vega is that he is just that - a thick-headed hunk of man-meat. When we got to Mars, I felt like I was saying, "Run along you dumb lowly grunt. Go guard the ship while I hang-out with my pal the awesome blue space lesbian." IDK - it just seemed like kind of a sucky way to introduce a new squad member.
But - like I said - I'm really early on and maybe the character will develop.
I find it funny that you've noticed all of this regarding Ashley, and I haven't. And I'm the one who romanced her in the first game. But yeah, with her AND Vega, there's a ton of development you've yet to see, and I'm only 8 hours into the campaign. The Vega stuff is really cool if/when you do it, and Ashley also has some cool developments, which again, you'll see once you get off of Mars.

As for Liara, I was never a fan of her and the Asari. TBH a race of sexy blue space lesbians or whatever if FAR more ridiculous than Ashley ever was (sans Samara). Then again, I like Miranda, so who am I to judge.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #4690
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
Playing SFxT for 2 days now, I have to say it's quite enjoyable. I will say that paying the extra $10 for the Special Edition was definitely not worth it. You're supposed to get this "45 Gems Download Token" which I can't seem to find, a crappy comic taking up half of the instruction manual which didn't even have a character roster & move list, and a cheap little coin-bank that you have to put together. I had a choice, and should've just gotten the normal version.

People have said that there's a horrible lag playing online, and that the sounds craps out a lot when you play a match. While the sound part I understand and it is annoying, I haven't had any problems with lagging. However, when playing a Ranked Match, you only get one choice as to who you're playing against, as-opposed to SFIV where you had a choice of online opponents to select.

And yesterday, it was discovered by hackers that the extra characters are in-fact on the SFxT disc, but you can't access them until later on when they become available via paid-DLC.

http://gamerant.com/street-fighter-x...sc-tao-137057/

It would be nice to have all of them available soon, else I might end-up selling this at the Fanime Swap Meet in May.
I did a few ranked matches and endless battles online. I experienced some lag but nothing major.

I totally agree about the instruction manual though, I opened it looking for a roster and movelist but nope, nothing.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #4691
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I really liked Ashley in ME1. She seems to be the only female in the series who doesn't have the stereotypical "tortured background". The "Big Decision"? Super easy.

Me: "Too bad Kaiden. Sucks to be you".
And I was kind of bummed that she hated me in ME2. As a general rule, I find alien reproduction theory entertaining, but personally don't have a thing for Asari. I like Liara and Miranda well enough. I thought that Samara was redonk (or perhaps redonk-a-donk?) on pretty much every level and only took her along when I had to.

And, yeah, while I'm not immediately enthralled with ME3, I'm not hating. One of the things that I actually really like about the BioWare games is that the characters and my opinions of them continue to evolve throughout the game. I mean, I thought that Garrus was a total weenie in ME1. By the end of ME2 we were friends with benefits.
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #4692
Ororo Howlett
When in doubt, FRAG OUT!

Trying to get the Real Deal achievement in L4D2. In the words of Rochelle: "This isn't going so well."
00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000
01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001
01100101 00101110
Ororo Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #4693
AJV
Grell Cosplayer

Mostly Soul Calibur 5 at the moment but I've been playing some Halo Reach here and there too.

Cosplays I'm Working on:

Grell Sutcliff (Younger version) 85% Done
Grell Sutcliff 80% Done
Grell Sutcliff (Cheshire Cat) 75% Done
Ciel Phantomhive (Original Outfit) 50% Done
Rukia Kuchiki 5% Done (May not finish. Unsure atm)
AJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #4694
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I really liked Ashley in ME1. She seems to be the only female in the series who doesn't have the stereotypical "tortured background". The "Big Decision"? Super easy.

Me: "Too bad Kaiden. Sucks to be you".
And I was kind of bummed that she hated me in ME2. As a general rule, I find alien reproduction theory entertaining, but personally don't have a thing for Asari. I like Liara and Miranda well enough. I thought that Samara was redonk (or perhaps redonk-a-donk?) on pretty much every level and only took her along when I had to.

And, yeah, while I'm not immediately enthralled with ME3, I'm not hating. One of the things that I actually really like about the BioWare games is that the characters and my opinions of them continue to evolve throughout the game. I mean, I thought that Garrus was a total weenie in ME1. By the end of ME2 we were friends with benefits.
I think Tali escaped the "tortured background" sterotype as well. Most of her Space-angst doesn't kick in until she joins up w/ Shepard. Same with Kasumi, who is DELIGHTFUL, and total BFFs with my fem-Shemp in ME2.

I will never speak ill of Space-Batman, as Garrus is rad. Same w/ Jacob, the Krogans and....well, anyone NOT named Kaiden.

Mass Effect to me now, is what Final Fantasy was to me in high school. I'm super bias towards the series (although even I'll admit the 1st half of 1 was ROUGH), so I'm trying to accept that not everyone is super-jacked up about the series. But I do know a lot of ppl who are, so the excitement is contagious at this point.

Unread 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #4695
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

E-DI in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwNEnh9uaM

I often forget that, for people who are so smart, the doctors at bioware are still huge geeks.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote