Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #4696
Otaking97
Terrible Great King

Genesis collection.

Omg I don't remember these games being so terrible. Its not that their difficult. Its that their controls are terrible! Well I was always a snes guy so I should of known.

My HUGE ASS Anime/Manga/Figure collection:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=352110
Otaking97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #4697
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Rhythm Heaven Fever

...hate playing the remix.

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #4698
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I think Tali escaped the "tortured background" sterotype as well. Most of her Space-angst doesn't kick in until she joins up w/ Shepard. Same with Kasumi, who is DELIGHTFUL, and total BFFs with my fem-Shemp in ME2.
Hmmm....Kasumi's soul mate was murdered and she now lives in a tiny room surrounded by her memories of him. Tali's entire civilization was booted out of their home world by robots and now she has to live in a traveling space trailer park with High Expectations Quarian Father ("Geth data as pilgrimage gift? Why not actual Geth?"). Really, the Mass Effect universe seems to be permeated with seriously BAD parenting skills.

But yeah - I like both of them. Especially Kasumi. I loved her Nelson-like "Ha ha!" during battles. Other than Samara, the only other character that I had no use for in either game was Zaheed. Dude was just an ass. I wasn't crazy about Grunt, mostly because I thought he was a really weak replacement for Wrex. I loved Wrex.

Also, fem-Shemp? heh

I didn't get much further last night. At least not far enough to start liking Vega. XP Here's a question for you guys playing as dude-Shep:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
when you first talk to James in the shuttle bay, and he challenges you to an alpha-male boxing match, he calls fem-Shep "Lola" several times until you throw him to the ground and tell him to knock that shit off. What does he call dude-Shep?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #4699
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Hmmm....Kasumi's soul mate was murdered and she now lives in a tiny room surrounded by her memories of him. Tali's entire civilization was booted out of their home world by robots and now she has to live in a traveling space trailer park with High Expectations Quarian Father ("Geth data as pilgrimage gift? Why not actual Geth?"). Really, the Mass Effect universe seems to be permeated with seriously BAD parenting skills.

But yeah - I like both of them. Especially Kasumi. I loved her Nelson-like "Ha ha!" during battles. Other than Samara, the only other character that I had no use for in either game was Zaheed. Dude was just an ass. I wasn't crazy about Grunt, mostly because I thought he was a really weak replacement for Wrex. I loved Wrex.

Also, fem-Shemp? heh

I didn't get much further last night. At least not far enough to start liking Vega. XP Here's a question for you guys playing as dude-Shep:

when you first talk to James in the shuttle bay, and he challenges you to an alpha-male boxing match, he calls fem-Shep "Lola" several times until you throw him to the ground and tell him to knock that shit off. What does he call dude-Shep?
"Loco" is the answer, for the obvious reasons. I was sooooooo tempted to hit the Renegade trigger during the fight, but did not. Saved for it for the reporter late on, WHOMP WHOMP!!

Hanging out w/Grunt meant time to go visit Wrex in ME2, so it was all good. ALSO MAN, GRUNT HAS A RAD MOMENT IN THREE I WANT TO TALK ABOUT, BUT WILL NOT! I actually never got Zaheed, as I bought ME2 used, so I never got the codes, blah blah blah DLC.

I didn't do any single player last night, instead did more MP w/ Mes, and 2 of my other friends. We managed to clear one scenario, despite with all of us dying at the end, and did fairly well w/ the others one. My GaW status is at 75%, which means I should be good come end game if this keeps up.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #4700
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Me3 is getting depressing. Major frownie face moments before I started playing multiplayer with starwind.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #4701
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
"Loco" is the answer, for the obvious reasons.
Huh. Afraid it's not obvious to me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Me3 is getting depressing. Major frownie face moments before I started playing multiplayer with starwind.
Yeah, you know, that's something I was worried about after the intense opening scenes. One of the things that I love about BioWare games is the humor. But what with the Reapers actively fucking things up now I was thinking, "Man, I hope this game isn't super serial." :/

Oh and, my fish were not imported. I'm going to have go buy more fish for like the 10th time.
Unread 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #4702
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Yeah, I'm dreading this. Like I said last night, friend spoiled HUGE moment for me in the game last night, and I know things are gonna get read bad soon/

Quote:
Huh. Afraid it's not obvious to me though.

Yeah, you know, that's something I was worried about after the intense opening scenes. One of the things that I love about BioWare games is the humor. But what with the Reapers actively fucking things up now I was thinking, "Man, I hope this game isn't super serial." :/

Oh and, my fish were not imported. I'm going to have go buy more fish for like the 10th time.
Loco is spanish for crazy, and real talk: to the average grunt, Shepard must seem to be crazy.

Fish nor SPACE HAMPSTERS were imported. However you can buy new fish and a auto-feeder now, with keeps up on feeding them. ALSO I HAVE A ROBOT DOG, THANKS CE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #4703
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

ME3 seems harder to me that 1 or 2. In any event - I'm dieing a lot more. But that's a good thing. I thought that the first two were a little too easy (though I did play on normal).

Quote:
Loco is spanish for crazy, and real talk: to the average grunt, Shepard must seem to be crazy.
I know what loco means. My Shepard is definitely not loco though. My Shepard is strictly by the book. One might even say, a paragon.
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #4704
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

The last hour of me playing ME3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

I didn't think I would get to be captain kirk playing a femShep. Gleefully glad that's not true.

edit: GOD DAMNIT BIOWARE!!!! JESUS!!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED! THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WANTED!!!!

I AM SUPER NOT OKAY WITH WHAT JUST HAPPENED....

Last edited by Mesoian : 03-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #4705
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Mass Effect 3. Yup. Finally got my CE on Wednesday. I've only played something like 7 or 8 hours as I just started a new job this last week and I was exhausted most of the time. D: But I love it. I'm a little nervous though, as I already saw how someone can die just by making the wrong TOTALLY NOT OBVIOUS OR MAJOR choice. Omg.

Also, my boyfriend bought me Saints Row the Third on Steam. It is a LOT of fun playing co-op together. I love my sexy Russian lady character.

I have no idea when I'll finish that last achievement in Skyrim. Hopefully before they release DLC, anyway.

...Actually I work in QA now so there is a game I've been playing, every single day, but it's not really for fun.

Quote:

Even after meeting up with Kelly on the Citadel and she returns them to you? Or did you have special ones or something?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #4706
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Man, what's with all the people I know starting QA?

Unread 03-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #4707
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

Mass Effect players,

If I play Mass Effect 3 without playing the first two games, will I be so confused that I'll not understand the story and game?
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #4708
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Browsing through all the posts post ME3 release, it seems like a game worth playing.

Too bad my PS3 is about 2000 miles away. Maybe in a couple months when I get out of here. So I'm to assume it's a fairly decent game, yes?
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #4709
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Fuck this dungeon, every step drains my SP (needed to cast magic), it's a damn maze, and undead spawn constantly.

*flips table*
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #4710
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE KASUMI View Post
Mass Effect players,

If I play Mass Effect 3 without playing the first two games, will I be so confused that I'll not understand the story and game?
....no?

Play 2 first. 1 can be skipped.