Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #4711
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

The wife jetted off to Sweden last night, so I spent most of the weekend enjoying her company opposed to playing much ME3. Note I said much. I still managed to get about 3-4 hours in, plus a ton of Multiplayer. Related, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #4712
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

At first I was all like

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Yay! Jack's back!
and then I was all like

She's not going to be a squad mate? The fuck!
ME3 you are such a tease. But man

DAT MECHA!
<3<3<3 I actually died a ton of times during that mission. I had to restart it and take someone with biotics. :/ I took Garrus and

EDI
at first and totally failed at getting to the shuttle. In other news, me and Garrus are *ahem* "finishing calibrations" again. Also I continue to hate James Vega. At first I assumed that he was the new gay love interest, but apparently not. Which makes no sense to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE KASUMI View Post
Mass Effect players,

If I play Mass Effect 3 without playing the first two games, will I be so confused that I'll not understand the story and game?
I agree with Mesoian. At least play ME2. You could follow the plot without it, but I doubt you'd care much about it or any of the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
Browsing through all the posts post ME3 release, it seems like a game worth playing.
Enjoying it so far.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #4713
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So I beat ME3 last night.

That ending is shit. I mean wow...

But my full experience was a pretty sad one. The statues of limitations on this game is far from up, but...man. There were certain parts of the game where I didn't want to play anymore due to how things were turning out. I put a lot of time and effort in making sure everything went my way in ME2, in ME3, they are not afraid to say, "Everything you loved is dead and you should feel bad."

Then I look at other people's playthroughs and they're all "THAT NEVER HAPPENED TO ME! LOLS!" Sort of makes me want to try another run through.

Then I went back to SSX for a while. So many of those drops are just...poorly designed and markedly not fun. Everyone on my friendslist ends up just playing the fun drops over and over, trying to beat each other's times. It's like, 35 good drops, 120 shit ones.

Edit: Went to the neogaf spoiler thread and was reading up on some of the things I didn't necessarily put together. I find it fucking inexcusable that some of the stuff that is completely tertiary and can often be skipped isn't highlighted with a giant fucking spotlight, bioware pushing your nose into it, as if to say, "LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" My god, I never thought crazy Asari in the hospital was important. That's so big, it's too big...why do they not focus squarely on it?

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 03-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #4714
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
So I beat ME3 last night.

That ending is shit. I mean wow...

But my full experience was a pretty sad one. The statues of limitations on this game is far from up, but...man. There were certain parts of the game where I didn't want to play anymore due to how things were turning out. I put a lot of time and effort in making sure everything went my way in ME2, in ME3, they are not afraid to say, "Everything you loved is dead and you should feel bad."

Then I look at other people's playthroughs and they're all "THAT NEVER HAPPENED TO ME! LOLS!" Sort of makes me want to try another run through.
Related:
http://penny-arcade.com/comic

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #4715
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Just a reminder, guys - no spoilers. *note to self - pay attention to Asari with PTSD*

ETA: Mesoian, every time you write "SSX" I read it as "SXSW". Derp.

Last edited by The Hag : 03-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #4716
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Just a reminder, guys - no spoilers. *note to self - pay attention to Asari with PTSD*

ETA: Mesoian, every time you write "SSX" I read it as "SXSW". Derp.
Meso has been using the spoiler tag well. At least he's not DIRECTLY TEXTING YOU SPOILERS IN RESPONSE TO A QUESTION I ASKED LAST WEEK, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

::: hates a friend so much right now :::

Unread 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #4717
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Yeah - not complaining. Just wanted to remind you guys so that you don't let something slip while you are overcome by your ebrotions. (Also - can I click that PA link without getting spoiled?)

But, hey, here's another question for you dude-Sheps. Under the "casual" outfits, fem-Shep has a skin-tight low-cut black mini-dress. She got something similar from doing Kasumi's loyalty mission. What, if anything, does dude-Shep get instead?
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #4718
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Yeah - not complaining. Just wanted to remind you guys so that you don't let something slip while you are overcome by your ebrotions. (Also - can I click that PA link without getting spoiled?)

But, hey, here's another question for you dude-Sheps. Under the "casual" outfits, fem-Shep has a skin-tight low-cut black mini-dress. She got something similar from doing Kasumi's loyalty mission. What, if anything, does dude-Shep get instead?
The PA strip is spoiler free, so you can enjoy it.

Dude-shep's alernative is a N7 leather jacket and jeans I think. Since I down the FANCYPANTS edition, I have a N7 hoodie outfit, which makes me look like a PAX attendee.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #4719
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Dude-shep's alernative is a N7 leather jacket and jeans I think.
Well, crap. I'd rather have a leather jacket than a dress.
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #4720
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Well, crap. I'd rather have a leather jacket than a dress.
It is a dope jacket, and probably the only Mass Effect outfit I would attempt to make for cosplay because that armor looks REDONK to make.

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #4721
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Journey.

That game shot straight up to the top of my Game of the Year list.

Yeah, if you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to buy and play Journey. Absolutely fantastic.

HEY BIOWARE?!? WANNA KNOW HOW TO END A GAME?!? THAT'S HOW YOU END A GAME!

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 03-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #4722
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Journey.

That game shot straight up to the top of my Game of the Year list.

Yeah, if you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to buy and play Journey. Absolutely fantastic.

HEY BIOWARE?!? WANNA KNOW HOW TO END A GAME?!? THAT'S HOW YOU END A GAME!
Good to know. I've been looking forward to it and it's next on my list soon as I finish ME3 which is taking me a long time since I haven't had a lot of time to play. I'm still only like 15 hours in. :/ Last night:

Me:

"That's o.k. *sniff* Grunt wasn't one of my favorites anyway. (who's cutting onions?) I mean, it's not like it was Wrex or Tali or, godforbid, Garrus. (damn these allergies!).

Grunt: "Hey Shepard. I need something to eat."

Me: BAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #4723
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Good to know. I've been looking forward to it and it's next on my list soon as I finish ME3 which is taking me a long time since I haven't had a lot of time to play. I'm still only like 15 hours in. :/ Last night:

Me:

"That's o.k. *sniff* Grunt wasn't one of my favorites anyway. (who's cutting onions?) I mean, it's not like it was Wrex or Tali or, godforbid, Garrus. (damn these allergies!).

Grunt: "Hey Shepard. I need something to eat."

Me: BAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
OH MY LUMP, THAT WAS RAD, SO RAD! EFF YEAH GRUNT, EFF YEAK KROGANS IN GENERAL.

And you're doing that 15 hours in? I'm 15 in and I did that awhile back. ((Just did Jacobs sidequst, which was neat))

Multiplayer wise- Galaxy Readiness is at 100%, and I promoted my Human Sentinel to single player. Now working on my Turain Soldier (appropiately named Batman).

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #4724
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
And you're doing that 15 hours in? I'm 15 in and I did that awhile back. ((Just did Jacobs sidequst, which was neat))
What have I been doing? Fuck you, that's what. I like to derp around.

Quote:
Multiplayer wise- Galaxy Readiness is at 100%, and I promoted my Human Sentinel to single player. Now working on my Turain Soldier (appropiately named Batman).
Yeah so the other night I'm going, "Hmmmm, why is my Readiness Rating stuck at 50%?" *checks on line* FFFFFffuuuuuuu! Fuck multiplayer. But I think I've convinced my husband that he needs an iPad.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #4725
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
What have I been doing? Fuck you, that's what.
Your husband and his wife might have something to say about that.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote