Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #4726
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Dude. LERN 2 CONTEXT.

ETA: Ew.

Last edited by The Hag : 03-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #4727
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Dude. LERN 2 CONTEXT.
"What does that mean?"
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #4728
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
What have I been doing? Fuck you, that's what. I like to derp around.

Yeah so the other night I'm going, "Hmmmm, why is my Readiness Rating stuck at 50%?" *checks on line* FFFFFffuuuuuuu! Fuck multiplayer. But I think I've convinced my husband that he needs an iPad.
LOL, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just generally surprised it took you that long to get to that sidequest, considering it was one of the earlier ones to open up. One of the things I've enjoyed about hearing ppl's experiences with ME3 is how they've played the game and what choices they've made.

As for the multiplayer, it's actually not that bad, assuming you have XBL. The community is FAR tamer than any FPS/Fighting game I've played, as ppl WANT to work together and succeed. Hell, I have to level up Batman as is, so if you wanna join in on some sessions, I'd be more than happy to team up w/ ya....assuming you have Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
Your husband and his wife might have something to say about that.
ZINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #4729
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
LOL, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just generally surprised it took you that long to get to that sidequest, considering it was one of the earlier ones to open up. One of the things I've enjoyed about hearing ppl's experiences with ME3 is how they've played the game and what choices they've made.

As for the multiplayer, it's actually not that bad, assuming you have XBL. The community is FAR tamer than any FPS/Fighting game I've played, as ppl WANT to work together and succeed. Hell, I have to level up Batman as is, so if you wanna join in on some sessions, I'd be more than happy to team up w/ ya....assuming you have Live.
Oh even if you were, I was being a jerk back, so it's all good. But yeah, I've only done three missions

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Jack, Wrex, Grunt. Haven't been to Tuchanka at all yet.
I've done a fair amount of scanning because I still find it pretty dull and most of the time I've had to play has been when I'm on the exercise bike, so that's kind of killing two birds with one stone. I do spend a lot of time talking to people because I'm always grubbing for paragon points and I poke around in all the corners for upgrades, XP and credits. Also any time I'm in the bar, I go dance. Not by hitting the "dance" prompt - but by using the two analog sticks.

I'm playing the XBox version but I've never bothered to sign up for Live because I have zero interest. Only online I've ever played was Dark Souls. And PSN is free. I'd like to avoid spending more money on this game for something I don't want to do in the first place. If I can get the events I want at 50%, I won't bother (or if The Saint ends up buying an iPad which he'd been thinking about getting for his commute anyway). But if it's necessary, I'll let you know. Appreciate the offer. I sure as hell don't want to do multi-player on XBL with people I don't know.
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #4730
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

I have a mild League of Legends addiction I need to get over quickly.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #4731
kAZbear

Final Fantasy IV. Only a couple more sidequests to go then onto the last boss WOO! *fist pump*

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #4732
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I will be playing the Silent Hill HD collection when it comes out, because my rabid Silent Hill fandom demands it.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #4733
Purple Flames
Rollin' like Jack Dempsey

I'm gonna try and make it through Titan Quest Immortal Throne this playthrough.
Purple Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #4734
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

I finally finished the Portal2 co-op with my daughter, great game. I'm down loading Defense Grid: The Awakening - You Monster DLC. Defense Grid: The Awakening is one of my favorite games.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #4735
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Oh even if you were, I was being a jerk back, so it's all good. But yeah, I've only done three missions

Jack, Wrex, Grunt. Haven't been to Tuchanka at all yet.
I've done a fair amount of scanning because I still find it pretty dull and most of the time I've had to play has been when I'm on the exercise bike, so that's kind of killing two birds with one stone. I do spend a lot of time talking to people because I'm always grubbing for paragon points and I poke around in all the corners for upgrades, XP and credits. Also any time I'm in the bar, I go dance. Not by hitting the "dance" prompt - but by using the two analog sticks.

I'm playing the XBox version but I've never bothered to sign up for Live because I have zero interest. Only online I've ever played was Dark Souls. And PSN is free. I'd like to avoid spending more money on this game for something I don't want to do in the first place. If I can get the events I want at 50%, I won't bother (or if The Saint ends up buying an iPad which he'd been thinking about getting for his commute anyway). But if it's necessary, I'll let you know. Appreciate the offer. I sure as hell don't want to do multi-player on XBL with people I don't know.
Re:sidequests/Derping around. The minute a major sidequets opens up, tackle it ASAP if you can. Apparently a lot of them are time sensitive. Example:

Jack's goes SUPER GRIMMDARK if you wait, and man, it will cost you in a few ways.

Was out for most of the weekend, as it was St. Patty's day, so most of the time was spent drinking. Did get some X-men Arcade in, as well as Jamestown (WITH ARCADES STICKS, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT SOONER), as some ME3 multiplayer. Will probably get back into the ME3 campaign tonight.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #4736
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Re:sidequests/Derping around. The minute a major sidequets opens up, tackle it ASAP if you can. Apparently a lot of them are time sensitive. Example:

Jack's goes SUPER GRIMMDARK if you wait, and man, it will cost you in a few ways.
OTOH - if you move through the main campaign, turns out some side missions become unavailable. I had collected some stuff but when I went

back to the Citadel,
shit happened and I couldn't finish things. I really hate when games don't telegraph their points of no return because I don't want to have to follow a guide to avoid this kind of thing.

I did Jack's mission right away, so no worries there. I just got the Quarian/Geth mission. I'd like to go get Tali right away because - Tali, duh.

So, tell me - can I do that without getting screwed out of side missions again?

Checked out the iOS apps on an iPad. Meh. Infiltrator graphics are bitchin - DAT SCREEN! But don't know if I'll enjoy it enough to bother getting used to the touch screen mechanics. Anyone know if I can still get a "good" ending with only 50% readiness?
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #4737
InkaBoomLaa
InkaBoomLaa

Working on Mortal Kombat to get beast at Baraka >:3
Besides that, always playing Halo: Reach. I'm kind of working on Battle Field 3, but only every now and then. :3
InkaBoomLaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #4738
iSeika

Right at this moment playing the Pokemon Rumble wiiware with my friend
but I have also been playing Odin Sphere, Wild Arms 5, and Persona 4.
iSeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #4739
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
OTOH - if you move through the main campaign, turns out some side missions become unavailable. I had collected some stuff but when I went

back to the Citadel,
shit happened and I couldn't finish things. I really hate when games don't telegraph their points of no return because I don't want to have to follow a guide to avoid this kind of thing.

I did Jack's mission right away, so no worries there. I just got the Quarian/Geth mission. I'd like to go get Tali right away because - Tali, duh.

So, tell me - can I do that without getting screwed out of side missions again?

Checked out the iOS apps on an iPad. Meh. Infiltrator graphics are bitchin - DAT SCREEN! But don't know if I'll enjoy it enough to bother getting used to the touch screen mechanics. Anyone know if I can still get a "good" ending with only 50% readiness?
Do you see any missions involving

killing/saving/destroying Cerbeus related things? Or retrieving lost mercenaries/soldiers/etc?
? Do those ASAP as possible, as those results help w/ Galactic Awareness.

Also I'm not too certain you can w/ 50% readiness. I THINK you can get it higher by doing some sidemissions, but I'm not certain. Worst comes to worst, since you got a new copy og ME3, didn't you get one of those 48 hour XBL gold trial thingies? Maybe you can do the temp thing, raise your readiness as high as possibly, then go for it. I could be wrong though.

Unread 03-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #4740
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Just finished playing some Sega Saturn shmups. Would be playing Steel Battalion right now if I still had a proper desk to put the controller on.