Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #4816
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Unit - I LOVE the battle system in Radiant Historia! Towards the end of he game you'll get overpowered attacks that will just kill everything on screen (burst light) but for the most part I thought the battle system was very clever. I love seeing a JRPG that requires strategy like that and punishes you for simply mashing the attack button the whole game. The battle system is mostly what got my interest and kept it. The game had some flaws though (really easy final boss, some of the going back and forth between timelines seemed weird) but for the most part I loved that game.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #4817
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Started replaying Castlevania: SOTN on my PSP because it is THE BEST! Also I figure I keep myself limited only to that before being exposed to the onslaught of videya that is glorious PAX East.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #4818
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Two more achievements in Mass Effect 3! Only one more left that doesn't require Insanity difficulty, which I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle yet.

(I'll get back to Skyrim eventually...)

So I went back to Dragon Age II last night. There are two DLCs I haven't bought yet, that I will soon, and damn, I just missed that game a lot! Playing for just a little bit last night brought back happy memories of last year. I'm looking forward to playing more. I'm on my second character, a sarcastic rogue. I probably mentioned it when I started her last summer, but I basically answer EVERYTHING with the charming/joke response. Always. It's fantastic. She's gonna romance Fenris, so I think I'm making her anti-mage... but I also have Merrill in the party all the time. Oops.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #4819
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
So I went back to Dragon Age II last night. There are two DLCs I haven't bought yet,
I really enjoyed Legacy. The final boss is kind of a nightmare though! XD I bought Mark of the Assassin but haven't played it yet. I'm kind of put off by the whole Felicia Day thing. Nothing against her - I just don't like the concept. GET OUT OF MAH GAMES REAL PEOPLE! I really disliked the Diana Allers character in ME3 for the same reason. Plus - her voice acting? OMG - THE WORST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
She's gonna romance Fenris, so I think I'm making her anti-mage... but I also have Merrill in the party all the time. Oops.
Yeah, that's the problem with Fenris. XD I'd usually use Anders when I had Fenris in my party. I never cared if he was a dick to Anders. But apparently even if you are pro-mage and have Rivalry with Fenris you can still have hate-sex with him.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #4820
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I recently downloaded Mario's Picross from Club Nintendo. I'm addicted! Regular Picross isn't as fun as Picross 3D, but still strangely fun. I hope they come out with another Picross 3D game, maybe for the 3DS so it could be Picross 3D... In 3D!
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #4821
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Picked up Xenoblade today. Quite good. Not much else to say about it.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #4822
jrockfreak

Action arcade wrestling from xbox indie games
jrockfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #4823
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Started replaying Castlevania: SOTN on my PSP because it is THE BEST! Also I figure I keep myself limited only to that before being exposed to the onslaught of videya that is glorious PAX East.
Okay, picture this: a Castlevania game with...

>SotN's mapping perfection and soundtrack quality
>post-SotN item usage system (i.e. not having to FUCKING EQUIP A POTION to use it)
>Order of Ecclesia's boss fight difficulty
>enemy level-scaling; if you level-grind, enemy HP rises and they do much stronger attacks. Sort of like FF8. Same with bosses.
>like SotN, when you get higher-level, enemies actually give you LESS EXP, negating the incentive to level-grind. Paired with level-scaling, this would push the player to rely more on skill.
>Castlevania III style gameplay (switch between multiple characters in real-time; also exhibited in Dawn of Sorrow's "Julius" mode)
>a fucked-up story on par with Silent Hill and NieR, which certain Metroidvanias came close to.

Not only the perfect Castlevania. The perfect game.

Last edited by Zweihander : 04-08-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #4824
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Okay, picture this: a Castlevania game with...

>SotN's mapping perfection and soundtrack quality
>post-SotN item usage system (i.e. not having to FUCKING EQUIP A POTION to use it)
>Order of Ecclesia's boss fight difficulty
>enemy level-scaling; if you level-grind, enemy HP rises and they do much stronger attacks. Sort of like FF8. Same with bosses.
>like SotN, when you get higher-level, enemies actually give you LESS EXP, negating the incentive to level-grind. Paired with level-scaling, this would push the player to rely more on skill.
>Castlevania III style gameplay (switch between multiple characters in real-time; also exhibited in Dawn of Sorrow's "Julius" mode)
>a fucked-up story on par with Silent Hill and NieR, which certain Metroidvanias came close to.

Not only the perfect Castlevania. The perfect game.
DOWANT.Jpg.

So PAX East was a thing that went down. Highlights include:
-DRINKAN W/ SUDA 51!
-Games played: Crimson Dragoon (day 1), Penny Arcade: PoD episode 3 (day 1), Dinosaurs Go Home, Diablo 3 (Beta GET), Dust, Super Crate Boy, FF: Therhythmn or whatever the hell it's call. Probably left a few other titles out.
-Rad concerts/panels/announcement (Free ME3 DLC, Borderland 2 reveals, AC3 trailer)
-The Oni/Udon booth

PAX East was very, very,very good to me, and I am very tired as a result.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #4825
CountMetal
I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

I have been going old school the last few weeks playing Super Mario Land 2 and Phantasy Star 1(sega master version). Besides old school games, I have been playing DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi, Street Fighter X Tekken, Final Fantasy XII, and MLB 11: The Show.
Planned Cosplays: Ryu, Robocop, Bucky O' Hare, and Cobra Commander
CountMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #4826
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
DOWANT.Jpg.
-DRINKAN W/ SUDA 51!
Accurate recreation of my verbal response to reading this, despite nobody being here but me:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JgTRS8qAYZ
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #4827
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Accurate recreation of my verbal response to reading this, despite nobody being here but me:

I will tell you the tale on Saturday. You have my ## yes?

Unread 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #4828
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
I will tell you the tale on Saturday. You have my ## yes?
Ah, yes. I do. Man, C2E2 sure crept up fast. I thought it was the week before ACen, not two weeks before. o_O
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #4829
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

BRO MORE HEROES

Unread 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #4830
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
-DRINKAN W/ SUDA 51!
For realsies?

I'm jelly. Very very much so.