Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #4951
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm level 49 in Skyrim oh god why is this taking so long. I stayed with the same skill set for way too long....

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #4952
Sayorain
Hi I'm Sayo.

You have no idea how much I love Gravity Rush. I'm going to 100% say that this will be my GotY as well as my new favorite IP.
Sayorain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #4953
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Started replaying Infamous in order to try and remember why I didn't finish it the first time. Didn't take me long to remember. Lot of open world jank in that game and the missions just...aren't that interesting. And all the characters are unlikable twats. The woman in my earpiece needs to go away because she is the dumbest. I was actually yelling at my TV over the things she was saying.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #4954
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Finished all the DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

Dead Money: Neat idea, poorly executed, final score = POO
Honest Hearts: Short, had no desire to explore or do sidequest though, final score = meh
Old World Blues: Hillarious, I haven't laughed this hard from a game in a long time, final score = good
Lonesome Road: Everything was awesome, period, way to go out with a bang, final score = Great
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #4955
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I'm level 49 in Skyrim oh god why is this taking so long. I stayed with the same skill set for way too long....
Ugh, tell me about it.

I think I should have ranged out my skills then relying on the ones I "thought" would have helped.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #4956
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Started replaying Infamous in order to try and remember why I didn't finish it the first time. Didn't take me long to remember. Lot of open world jank in that game and the missions just...aren't that interesting. And all the characters are unlikable twats. The woman in my earpiece needs to go away because she is the dumbest. I was actually yelling at my TV over the things she was saying.
Yeah dude I got Infamous for free with the PlayStation Network apology package thing... and I wasn't impressed at all. For an exclusive, it doesn't even look like it's trying to raise any graphic bars. That wouldn't bother me normally, but it was touted as this amazing PS3 game that looks awful. I wasn't really enjoying it, but I kind want to give it another chance for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Finished all the DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

Dead Money: Neat idea, poorly executed, final score = POO
Honest Hearts: Short, had no desire to explore or do sidequest though, final score = meh
Old World Blues: Hillarious, I haven't laughed this hard from a game in a long time, final score = good
Lonesome Road: Everything was awesome, period, way to go out with a bang, final score = Great
I was so bummed about Dead Money. I really liked the concept too, but by the end it was like.. welp. Meh. Honest Hearts and Old World Blues were my favorites. Lonesome Road didn't interest me too much, actually. It does seem like OWB is the most agreed upon best DLC for the game, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
Ugh, tell me about it.

I think I should have ranged out my skills then relying on the ones I "thought" would have helped.
I was just heavy armor & two-handed for like 90% the game, so once those maxed out I wasn't really gaining levels very quickly. I just want that level 50 achievement...

Unread 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #4957
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Much like Michi, I got inFAMOUS when PSN was "t3h haxx0rs" AND MAN, that game has not aged welled, despite only being a few years old. Also, it's hard for me to play any open-world urban environment game without the words "Saints Row" in it these days.

I'm flying out to North Carolina tomorrow morning, so I can't play Lollipop Chainsaw until Sunday the earliest. I HAVE THE SADS.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #4958
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:

I was just heavy armor & two-handed for like 90% the game, so once those maxed out I wasn't really gaining levels very quickly. I just want that level 50 achievement...

Haha I'm doing exactly the same. But my archery is higher than my one & two handed. So as of now, working on my alchemy and destruction skills are kind of helping me gain levels faster...Also considering I have a butt load of ingredients.

Unread 06-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #4959
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Haha I'm doing exactly the same. But my archery is higher than my one & two handed. So as of now, working on my alchemy and destruction skills are kind of helping me gain levels faster...Also considering I have a butt load of ingredients.
I've gotten a LOT of levels out of enchanting, actually! It's tough getting the soul gems sometimes but I have a soul-nabbing enchantment on one of my weapons as well as WAY TOO MUCH gold so I can just.. buy all of the soul gems that have souls in them. Always. Hahaha. I'm SO CLOSE. I haven't been able to play in a few days. Maybe tonight. T_T

I also had fun getting some level progress from sneaking. My character is never stealthy, but just walking around town in sneak mode long enough gets you levels in it. Hilarious.

Unread 06-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #4960
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
I've gotten a LOT of levels out of enchanting, actually! It's tough getting the soul gems sometimes but I have a soul-nabbing enchantment on one of my weapons as well as WAY TOO MUCH gold so I can just.. buy all of the soul gems that have souls in them. Always. Hahaha. I'm SO CLOSE. I haven't been able to play in a few days. Maybe tonight. T_T

I also had fun getting some level progress from sneaking. My character is never stealthy, but just walking around town in sneak mode long enough gets you levels in it. Hilarious.

Haha wow, me on the other hand, I sneak around EVERYWHERE. My sneak is all the way at 100 so hardly anyone can see me. They all walk right pass me which makes them ten times easier to kill. Have you seen that sneak skill that gives the dagger 15x more damage? Very useful : P.

Oh enchantment, eh? I'll have to try more of that. As far as the soul gems, I find a load of those everywhere that they started to weigh me down at one point. How much gold do you have? : O

Unread 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #4961
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Got back from being out of town for 3 weeks. Picked up Fez again (I have about 5 puzzles left). Couldn't remember anything. Couldn't find my notes on the codes. *quit* Went back to Dragon's Dogma (I was about 2 hours in). Couldn't remember anything. Didn't remember my character being so ugly. Couldn't face spending an hour re-making it. *quit* Put in Final Fantasy XIII (I picked it up cheap at GameStop before I left). Moving in a straight line and pressing X was within the capability of my jetted-lagged brain. I like Lightning and Sazh (BABY CHOCOBO!) and can tolerate Snow and Hope, but Vanille makes me want to stick knitting needles into my eyes and ears. She may kill this game for me.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #4962
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

While I got Lollipop Chainsaw on launch I've yet to finish it because I've been hooked on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. The game is so amazing and I've spent several hours on the game just customizing characters. It feels so good to finally have another great 3D fighter to play. Online play has been good so far and I can't wait to play online with my friend this weekend. Plus I'll be practicing alot with my Sarah so that I can easily transistion with her over to Dead Or Alive 5.

HYPE! ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #4963
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I DID IT. LEVEL 50 IN SKYRIM. 100% ACHIEVEMENTS. Y'know, just in time for next week's DLC release and more achievements. Sob. I guess that's what I'll be playing next. Might play some Dragon Age this weekend, hopefully more Diablo. Yeaaaah.

Quote:
Haha wow, me on the other hand, I sneak around EVERYWHERE. My sneak is all the way at 100 so hardly anyone can see me. They all walk right pass me which makes them ten times easier to kill. Have you seen that sneak skill that gives the dagger 15x more damage? Very useful : P.

Oh enchantment, eh? I'll have to try more of that. As far as the soul gems, I find a load of those everywhere that they started to weigh me down at one point. How much gold do you have? : O
My boyfriend plays a stealthy character, so yeah, I've totally seen that kind of stuff! (He plays on PC while I play on Xbox. At the same time, in the same room. Yup.) He does tons of sneak attacking and using bow & arrow attacks from far away, stealthed. Awesome.

But for me, yeah, instead of sneak, my heavy armor and two-handed are at 100 instead. Hehe.

Um, a lot. I don't know off the top of my head. It was either 200k or 2 million, hahaha. I bought all the houses in the game, and other things... yeah.

Unread 06-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #4964
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
I DID IT. LEVEL 50 IN SKYRIM. 100% ACHIEVEMENTS. Y'know, just in time for next week's DLC release and more achievements. Sob. I guess that's what I'll be playing next. Might play some Dragon Age this weekend, hopefully more Diablo. Yeaaaah.

My boyfriend plays a stealthy character, so yeah, I've totally seen that kind of stuff! (He plays on PC while I play on Xbox. At the same time, in the same room. Yup.) He does tons of sneak attacking and using bow & arrow attacks from far away, stealthed. Awesome.

But for me, yeah, instead of sneak, my heavy armor and two-handed are at 100 instead. Hehe.

Um, a lot. I don't know off the top of my head. It was either 200k or 2 million, hahaha. I bought all the houses in the game, and other things... yeah.
WOO! Congrats!

Haha wow, I wish my heavy armor and two-handers was at 100, but so far everything just seems so easy to kill. Lately I've been having to run around fist killing everyone.
Oh I cannot wait for the DLC!! With all those new enemies and the legendary dragons! I'm sure that'll keep me busy for awhile.

Oh wow, 200k or 2 million?! ~_~ I thought I had a lot at $50k but I guess not haha.
Guess I'll have to start selling more stuff. I haven't even got my smithing up enough to make dragon armor...Pfft.

Unread 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #4965
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Yeah, I very quickly got my smithing to 100, so I've been wearing a full set of Daedric armor for a while. My companion is wearing a full set of Dragon armor instead, haha, like I used to wear. We ran around together both in dragon plate armor. It was awesome. I did a lot of selling and hoarding of items to get lots of money early!

...and of course now I want to just go home and play more, even though there is little left for me to do until Tuesday.