Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #4966
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Well getting halfway through the game and barely realizing that smithing is a very important skill, I'm paying for it by trying to get my smithing up. Sadly I think it's around the 30's. All I have now is enchanted Ebony armor but that serves it's purpose...for now. I've been trying to make as much jewelry as possible so I can get some money.

Same here, I have been home but unfortunately everyone here is playing Skyrim so you have to wait your turn and considering I'm having commissions build up, that's been occupying my time from gaining levels.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #4967
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
And all the characters are unlikable twats.
Honestly, Infamous was better for me once I finished it and realized what it was all about. The story and characters are only slightly better in the second --- again, the end game making the entire thing better.

At least for me.

---

I haven't played anything too recent except for trying out Diablo 3, it's like the same old thing D2 was but with better looks and the inability to screw up a character build (To my knowledge). I'll finish it eventually.

There was Blades of Time too, which was entertaining if nothing else.

I'm currently playing Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW2...

...wait, does anyone here play flight sims at all? (Or space ones?)

Last edited by Kildread : 06-22-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #4968
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I also got Infamous for free due to the PSN fiasco. Watched Boy-type play it for a bit and quickly realized that it wasn't my thing.

Trying to enjoy FFXIII for what it is. This would be easier to do if Vanille wasn't so brain damaged. Battle mechanics are getting a little more interesting but I feel like I've played a 6-hour tutorial. Only just now unlocked weapons upgrades. :/ But I admit that I still squee every time Baby Chocobo pops out of Sazh's hair.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #4969
Kildread
I can fix it!

I had gotten Little Big Planet out of the PSN fiasco, a game I had no interest in, but it was one of 2 titles that I didn't own and were of the genres I play in the list available (Other being Dead Nation, which was a decent, isometric action game that was ungodly challenging at times). In spite of my prejudice about LBP, it's one of the sweetest, most colorful and happy games I've ever played.

I bought LBP2 shortly after finishing it

FF13 takes until... chapter 8 or 9? Before actually offering challenge or having the world open up. Vanille is 13's Rikku.

Regardless, for me, the battle system made it very enjoyable for me!
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #4970
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I had gotten Little Big Planet out of the PSN fiasco, a game I had no interest in, but it was one of 2 titles that I didn't own and were of the genres I play in the list available (Other being Dead Nation, which was a decent, isometric action game that was ungodly challenging at times). In spite of my prejudice about LBP, it's one of the sweetest, most colorful and happy games I've ever played.
That was the other one I got. And despite being very interested in it - I still haven't played it. XD

Quote:
FF13 takes until... chapter 8 or 9? Before actually offering challenge or having the world open up.
Yeah, I've heard that. I think I'm on Chapter 4. I've died a couple of times when I let my attention wander. Right now it's just sort of shiny and mindless which is what I'm in the mood for.
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #4971
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I picked up Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS for $20 at my local music and media store. Score!
This is really my first Tales game, too. I played a ROM of the SNES version of Phantasia a long time ago, but I don't really remember it, I don't think I got far. So I guess I'll finally get to see what this Tales thing is everyone keeps talking about.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #4972
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I picked up Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS for $20 at my local music and media store. Score!
This is really my first Tales game, too. I played a ROM of the SNES version of Phantasia a long time ago, but I don't really remember it, I don't think I got far. So I guess I'll finally get to see what this Tales thing is everyone keeps talking about.
Enjoy your generic animu J-RPG characters with animu angst!

Okay, I'm just messing with you since I don't know much about the Tales series. I just hear that Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube is the best one, and then maybe Tales of Vesparia for 360.

I actually have Tales of Abyss for the PS2, and I got bored pretty quickly with that game.

In the meantime, I'll be playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for All! I just finished the first game, and every case was exciting, especially the last one. So many twists and turns.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #4973
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Enjoy your generic animu J-RPG characters with animu angst!

Okay, I'm just messing with you since I don't know much about the Tales series. I just hear that Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube is the best one, and then maybe Tales of Vesparia for 360.

I actually have Tales of Abyss for the PS2, and I got bored pretty quickly with that game.

In the meantime, I'll be playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for All! I just finished the first game, and every case was exciting, especially the last one. So many twists and turns.
See, I haven't touched the Tales of whatever series because they look like generic animu RPGs, but even the metalhead guys working at the music store said it's good, so I don't know. We'll see.

I haven't really played it yet though because I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario's Picross, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Also, I'm glad to see you enjoying the Ace Attorney series! Just a little warning about Justice for All, it's a little slower and more hated than the other games, but it does set up the story for the most epic case in the series (which is in the third game) so I HIGHLY recommend playing JFA, just don't get discouraged if you end up hating it.

Personally, I don't really hate JFA. I hate Apollo, but not JFA. But it's my least favorite of the Phoenix trilogy. I also really liked the last case of JFA, and the clown case. The clown one was awesome.

Last edited by DarkFujin : 06-23-2012 at 11:25 AM.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #4974
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Playing the open beta of Phantasy Star Online 2. It's pretty awesome! Too bad I only have the weekend to play...
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #4975
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I also got Infamous for free due to the PSN fiasco. Watched Boy-type play it for a bit and quickly realized that it wasn't my thing.

Trying to enjoy FFXIII for what it is. This would be easier to do if Vanille wasn't so brain damaged. Battle mechanics are getting a little more interesting but I feel like I've played a 6-hour tutorial. Only just now unlocked weapons upgrades. :/ But I admit that I still squee every time Baby Chocobo pops out of Sazh's hair.
As someone who's beaten FF13, let it be known that there's a twist w/ Vanille's "story" that REALLY make the character interesting. Also see Hope. If FF13 did one thing right, it's character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
ToA is solid. It's arguable one of the better Tales games to date, despite the series being slightly overrated. If you like Abyss and can find Vesperia on the cheap, I suggest you do so. ALSO CHEAGLES ARE THE BEST!

Cleared levels 4 and 5 of Lollipop Chainsaw last night, which was run, despite level 4 being a mess of a level in terms of design. Should have the game beaten by tonight, which is good, because the extended Mass Effect 3 endings drops tomorrow, as well as Penny Arcade episode 3.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #4976
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
As someone who's beaten FF13, let it be known that there's a twist w/ Vanille's "story" that REALLY make the character interesting. Also see Hope. If FF13 did one thing right, it's character development.
Just reached Chapter 8 so i've already found out at least part of it, and you know - I get it.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Girl with difficult past compensates with optimism and cheerfulness.
Totally legit. Shirley Temple and Haley Mills had entire careers based on that trope. But there's a difference between sunny charm and giggling idiocy. Also, what is up with her voice? 99% of the time she sounds like standard squeaky anime girl but on the 100th word she throws is a bizarre pronunciation like she has some kind of European accent. o_O?

By and large I'm finding the story interesting, but the overwrought emo-ness of the characters makes it impossible for me to take it at all seriously. Don't know if the fault lies with the original dialogue writers or the translation.

But the battle system is fun - at least with the harder enemies. I'm not crazy about the leveling systems but at least they are quick and not annoying.
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #4977
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Me and my one buddy started some hardcore characters in Diablo 3.

Either we'll die stupidly on normal, or last all through hell and just fail hard on inferno.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #4978
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Marauder Shields tried to stop me again, but I didn't listen.

I actually like the ME3 endings quite a bit more this time. They're still ENTIRELY unsatisfying, but they are coherent, concrete and make sense with the rest of the story that was told. Were these the original endings, there would have been no controversy. And in the end, the crazy conspiracy theories that people came up with were way better than these endings.

Think I'm gonna try and finish up LA Noir now that I've upgrade the harddrive in my PS3.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #4979
Kildread
I can fix it!

I read the stuff about the ME3 DLC, but my excitement can be best described as lukewarm as best.

It's not due to the quality of the original endings, or the fact it's all about trying to please the crying fans. It's moreso due to me having gone through the entire game once, gotten the whole story, sen the credits roll and the trilogy is over for me. I'm satisfied with it.

I'll get around to it eventually, but I'm in no hurry to. New chapters would be nice, extended endings... meh. I'm rarely pleased with endings.
Unread 06-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #4980
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
I read the stuff about the ME3 DLC, but my excitement can be best described as lukewarm as best.

It's not due to the quality of the original endings, or the fact it's all about trying to please the crying fans. It's moreso due to me having gone through the entire game once, gotten the whole story, sen the credits roll and the trilogy is over for me. I'm satisfied with it.

I'll get around to it eventually, but I'm in no hurry to. New chapters would be nice, extended endings... meh. I'm rarely pleased with endings.
Youtube'em.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote