Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #4981
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Beat Lollipop Chainsaw last night, but since I didn't save 1 classmate, I got the bad ending. Gotta see WHERE I missed em, which was either levels 4 or 5. Overall I LIKED the game, but the later level designs were whack. As was the camera.

Got the ME3EC DLC. Did the "Resistance" ending last night which was dope, if not brutal. Will do the Synethesis ending tonight, and then it's back to Lollipop and my backlog.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #4982
Otaking97
Terrible Great King

Finally put the 1000 grind to bed on DW7 so now it's off to Gundam 3.

My HUGE ASS Anime/Manga/Figure collection:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=352110
Otaking97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #4983
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Metroid Prime 3. I've had it since I bought my Wii used and never played it. Decided to work through some of my backlog last night.

It is a crime what waggle did to that game. You get used to it, sort of, and it only kind of gets in the way. But the way the experience is splintered by the awkward early waggle controls is criminal. Besides that, I think it's pretty amazing, and it really nails home how piss poor Other M was. I haven't experienced the, "well just one more thing, well let me go down this path now that I have this, well let me go to the next way point; and then I'll go to bed" feeling in quite some time but this game drums up the feeling in spades.

Nintendo is retarded for not giving Retro their biggest licences. And no, Donkey Kong does not count.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #4984
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Boyfriend and I got back into Hunted: The Demon's Forge. That game has a lot going for it as a fun co-op adventure, but so much of it is executed so poorly. Sigh. We're about halfway through now.

I started the Skyrim DLC Dawnguard but haven't really had the chance to get anywhere with it. Maybe tonight!

Oh, and I downloaded the Mass Effect 3 extended cut... but who knows when I'll get around to that!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #4985
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I tried to co op Hunted with my roommate but we stopped after 2 hours, total...garbage game.

As Yahtzee says: "A shit game for twats"
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4986
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Hahaha. It really has a lot of problems, but we're powering through it anyway. Now that we gave up punishing ourselves, we're just enjoying it on easy mode.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #4987
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Metroid Prime 3. I've had it since I bought my Wii used and never played it. Decided to work through some of my backlog last night.

It is a crime what waggle did to that game. You get used to it, sort of, and it only kind of gets in the way. But the way the experience is splintered by the awkward early waggle controls is criminal. Besides that, I think it's pretty amazing, and it really nails home how piss poor Other M was. I haven't experienced the, "well just one more thing, well let me go down this path now that I have this, well let me go to the next way point; and then I'll go to bed" feeling in quite some time but this game drums up the feeling in spades.

Nintendo is retarded for not giving Retro their biggest licences. And no, Donkey Kong does not count.
DKR was solid, but yeah, Retro's work on the MP series was pretty great. I REALLY wish you could use the classic controller with the MPT collection, but it's still fairly awesome.

Got the Synth ending in ME3EC last night and I REALLLLLLLLLYYYY dug it. Someone on twitter complained that it was "Too happy", but given the bodycount by the end of the game, I really feel some fans will hate just to hate.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #4988
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
DKR was solid, but yeah, Retro's work on the MP series was pretty great. I REALLY wish you could use the classic controller with the MPT collection, but it's still fairly awesome.

Got the Synth ending in ME3EC last night and I REALLLLLLLLLYYYY dug it. Someone on twitter complained that it was "Too happy", but given the bodycount by the end of the game, I really feel some fans will hate just to hate.
DKCR was...fine. It felt like a re imaging of DKC1, which is fine, but real talk, DKC2 is infinitely better.

But the stuff they did with the prime series...magical. They managed to actually add variety into the metroid universe that no only feels super appropriate, it gave gravitas to Samus and explained a whole lot about her with NEVER HAVING HER SPEAK! Excellent storytelling.

Stupid waggle though, I spent 20 minutes on a boss last night because the ability to look up so is damn stunted due to the Wii. Totally enjoying myself though.

I also broke down and joined the "31 days of Zero Suit Samus" kickstarter because, while I am pretty adamant that Zero Suit Samus is terrible, it looks adorable and might actually give that stuff merit. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...1tgko1_400.jpg This picture alone sold me.

My favorite new ME3 ending is probably the control ending. It's sad, but it's true that it's like, "ya, lot of crap will get destroyed, but we can rebuild ALL THAT MESS". Again, they're better, but...they could have been a LOT better, or at least a lot more thought provoking if they didn't play it so safe or concrete.

Last edited by Mesoian : 06-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #4989
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
DKCR was...fine. It felt like a re imaging of DKC1, which is fine, but real talk, DKC2 is infinitely better.

But the stuff they did with the prime series...magical. They managed to actually add variety into the metroid universe that no only feels super appropriate, it gave gravitas to Samus and explained a whole lot about her with NEVER HAVING HER SPEAK! Excellent storytelling.

Stupid waggle though, I spent 20 minutes on a boss last night because the ability to look up so is damn stunted due to the Wii. Totally enjoying myself though.

I also broke down and joined the "31 days of Zero Suit Samus" kickstarter because, while I am pretty adamant that Zero Suit Samus is terrible, it looks adorable and might actually give that stuff merit. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...1tgko1_400.jpg This picture alone sold me.

My favorite new ME3 ending is probably the control ending. It's sad, but it's true that it's like, "ya, lot of crap will get destroyed, but we can rebuild ALL THAT MESS". Again, they're better, but...they could have been a LOT better, or at least a lot more thought provoking if they didn't play it so safe or concrete.
THAT PICTURE IS AMAZING. Splain what this 31 days of ZSS is now!

Unread 06-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #4990
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
THAT PICTURE IS AMAZING. Splain what this 31 days of ZSS is now!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ectio?ref=card

My new coffeetable book! It can sit next to my "Art of capcom" hardcover and my soon to be obtained "Art of Marvel vs Capcom" artbook. I don't know if I can afford the hardcover of that one though...friggen 100$ out of the gate.

Unread 06-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #4991
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ectio?ref=card

My new coffeetable book! It can sit next to my "Art of capcom" hardcover and my soon to be obtained "Art of Marvel vs Capcom" artbook. I don't know if I can afford the hardcover of that one though...friggen 100$ out of the gate.
o_o GLORIOUS!

And yeah, I'm picking up the softcovered MvC book. Also when the hell is Udon dropping that Bayonetta Climax book we were promised?

Unread 06-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #4992
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
o_o GLORIOUS!

And yeah, I'm picking up the softcovered MvC book. Also when the hell is Udon dropping that Bayonetta Climax book we were promised?
I actually have the japanese digital version of that. It's just "The eyes of bayonetta" resold in america in english.

It's not that great.

Unread 06-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #4993
nolafool
that fool u know

battlefield 3

Kenpachi Zaraki - Heh sanity? Sorry, I donít recall ever having anything like that.

psn- Foolflowz
nolafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #4994
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Finished up Metroid Prime 3. Fine fine game, held back by it's inherent controls. This game, more than any other on the Wii, makes me never want to have to deal with waggle controls again, and be all that much more disheartened by the fact that the Wii-U is still dependent on that mess.

Unread 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #4995
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Put some time into my friend's copies of SFxT and Virtual Fighter 5 this weekend. SFxT tries some neat stuff, but man that game is a mess for the most plart. VF5 is solid though.

Also playing Yoshi's Island for the first time on the GBA. Yeah, it's pretty great, and yes I'm super behind.