Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #5011
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Put a few hours into "Saints Row II" and Virtua Fighter 5:FS. I love me some fightan, but I also love living the gangsta life, stabbin folks with my gangsta knife.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #5012
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So I'm knee deep into Xenoblade.

It feels...predictable. And the camera is garbage. Beyond that, I'm digging it, I just hope that it doesn't stay quite so "well duh" all the way through.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #5013
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Playing the shit out of Max Anarchy.
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #5014
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
:-(

Unread 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #5015
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Add me to the list of people who are finding Theatrhythm absurdly fun, cute and addicting. I ended up turning off the 3D though. It was making my eyes tired.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #5016
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Sans Bayo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Add me to the list of people who are finding Theatrhythm absurdly fun, cute and addicting. I ended up turning off the 3D though. It was making my eyes tired.
I want so bad. SO BAD YOU GUYS.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #5017
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I want so bad. SO BAD YOU GUYS.
I was playing it on Boy-type's 3DS. I may have to go but my own now. :/
Unread 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #5018
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So, the most interesting thing about Xenoblade thus far is it's Television like story structure. It doesn't have all the trapping of an actual television show, but the game's narrative is very clearly divided into episode sized chunks, separated by system save screens. It goes to the point of even having season breaks where the narrative just completely stops after a big reveal, leaving the player with a "well what's going to happen now?" type position. I almost wish they went whole hog and did it like White Knight Chronicles, which has full on episode credits and eye catches.

Not bad thus far though, I'm not a huge fan of the combat and I have no idea why this game has encumbrance, but nothing is so bad that it makes me want to stop playing.

As for Theatrhythm, I am actually very surprised by how robust of a package that game is. I expected the main themes from each main entry, not 137 songs. Now granted, 47 of those songs are DLC, but still, that's a TON of content. I don't really want it, but props to Square for finally putting out a product that's more than worth the asking price.

Unread 07-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #5019
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
As for Theatrhythm, I am actually very surprised by how robust of a package that game is. I expected the main themes from each main entry, not 137 songs. Now granted, 47 of those songs are DLC, but still, that's a TON of content. I don't really want it, but props to Square for finally putting out a product that's more than worth the asking price.
I would love, I tell you, LOVE an actual RPG in this style where instead of the standard turn-based battle you had a rhythm game - similar to a puzzle RPG, only better.
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #5020
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I would love, I tell you, LOVE an actual RPG in this style where instead of the standard turn-based battle you had a rhythm game - similar to a puzzle RPG, only better.
Mario RPG is sort of like that.

Unread 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #5021
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Went ahead and actually started playing WoW.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #5022
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
Went ahead and actually started playing WoW.
...Why?

Unread 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #5023
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
...Why?
Because my step brother get's along with me and I figured I'd do something he loves for once. He's always making weapons with me so I thought, why not? : P

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #5024
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Sans Bayo?
Funny story about that. It turns out the DLC code didn't work with my American PSN handle, so I made a new one, MaxAnarchist, a Japanese account for the sole purpose of downloading Bayonetta and playing Max Anarchy with her. Found out afterward that if you have Bayonetta installed on your PS3, you get her as DLC. Thing is, I don't own Bayonetta's shitty PS3 port, though a friend of mine does... So, if I feel inclined to, I may just borrow it, install it, give it back, replay Max Anarchy in its entirety on my default handle (pills4louis), and abandon my Jap account.

Anyway, the game fuggin' owns. It truly is "God Hand Online," minus the custom combo tree stuff. As can be seen in many a "CUHRAYZEE General" thread on /vg/, there is some incredible depth to this game. Aside from the Rin sisters being just slightly OP, everyone seems pretty well-balanced and unique. Supposedly the US version will use the same servers, so the game also serves as an excellent training ground before the "real" scene begins next year. I've cleared both Jack and Leo's campaigns, and am just enjoying the hell out of the online Battle Royale, Team Battle, Cage Match, and Survival modes. I'm torn between maining as Leo or Zero.

Last edited by Zweihander : 07-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #5025
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Funny story about that. It turns out the DLC code didn't work with my American PSN handle, so I made a new one, MaxAnarchist, a Japanese account for the sole purpose of downloading Bayonetta and playing Max Anarchy with her. Found out afterward that if you have Bayonetta installed on your PS3, you get her as DLC. Thing is, I don't own Bayonetta's shitty PS3 port, though a friend of mine does... So, if I feel inclined to, I may just borrow it, install it, give it back, replay Max Anarchy in its entirety on my default handle (pills4louis), and abandon my Jap account.

Anyway, the game fuggin' owns. It truly is "God Hand Online," minus the custom combo tree stuff. As can be seen in many a "CUHRAYZEE General" thread on /vg/, there is some incredible depth to this game. Aside from the Rin sisters being just slightly OP, everyone seems pretty well-balanced and unique. Supposedly the US version will use the same servers, so the game also serves as an excellent training ground before the "real" scene begins next year. I've cleared both Jack and Leo's campaigns, and am just enjoying the hell out of the online Battle Royale, Team Battle, Cage Match, and Survival modes. I'm torn between maining as Leo or Zero.
This is where I would post about "The Feels" if I was younger/dumber. But that sounds great, and I'm excited to buy it.

Summer Steam Sale is going down as many of you know. I picked up Poker Night at the Inventory, Penn Arcade Episode 3 and The Darkness 2: Electric Boogaloo for a whopping $20, which if that's all I spend this summer i'll be impressed. I've only played Poker Night so far, as the rest of the time has been playing Saints Row 2, or L4d2 with bros.