Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #5221
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Demon Soul's online mode was shut down a while ago if memory serves.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #5222
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Demon Soul's online mode was shut down a while ago if memory serves.
Your memory does not serve. The Demon's Souls server is still online. I can see new messages appearing and a fair number of ghosts, but no one was looking to co-op.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #5223
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

hmmm....

Ah they WERE going to shut them down, but didn't.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #5224
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
hmmm....

Ah they WERE going to shut them down, but didn't.
Atlus is a bro that way.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #5225
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Toohooz.

I'm starting to understand the appeal and by extension the mass of this fandom; with how poor the character art is compared to how enjoyable the music and gameplay are (however fucking maddeningly hard it is), there's this self-important, sympathetic knee jerk that assures you, 'I could improve this'. You want to help ZUN in this patronizing, narcissistic way, you want to give him your art and your time because you know you could do better and he would appreciate it. He needs you. He must.

Which explains to me the gargantuan amount of fanart and pv's made for the series. I mean, I honestly think I like the fandom and the creative license it takes with the series more than I actually like the series, which is backwards and I don't totally understand it.

Last edited by Drysi : 10-22-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:58 AM   #5226
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Toohooz.

I'm starting to understand the appeal and by extension the mass of this fandom; with how poor the character art is compared to how enjoyable the music and gameplay are (however fucking maddeningly hard it is), there's this self-important, sympathetic knee jerk that assures you, 'I could improve this'. You want to help ZUN in this patronizing, narcissistic way, you want to give him your art and your time because you know you could do better and he would appreciate it. He needs you. He must.
I've been saying things to this effect for years.

Quote:
Which explains to me the gargantuan amount of fanart and pv's made for the series. I mean, I honestly think I like the fandom and the creative license it takes with the series more than I actually like the series, which is backwards and I don't totally understand it.
It still saddens me, since it's... a shmup series. For a series of bullet-hell games, the gameplay is decent, but the fans-- some of which don't even praise the games-- make it seem like it's all about everything but the gameplay. The characters, the soundtracks, how "pretty" the bullet patterns are vs. how challenging they are to dodge (a good half of them literally dodge themselves), etc... All this shit is just the icing on a fundamentally good cake when it comes to actual shmup developers. Characters/music/flashiness =/= shoot-em-up fundamentals.

Bitching aside, I enjoyed everything from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil to Shoot the Bullet. The 10th game and onward just lost me, because it seemed like all the elements-- both fundamental and superficial-- went downhill.

Last edited by Zweihander : 10-26-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #5227
Hyura
Wallflower

Rune Factory Frontier ! I think I have finally decided who I want to marry in-game. It's been a tie between Rosetta, Iris, Bianca, and... well, quite a few others for a while now.

I wonder if the new Rune Factory for wii is any good ? I hope they release some new Harvest Moon titles as well. I sadly do not have a DS, 3DS, or any of those fancy devices...

••• | Next Event :: NDK NYE 2012 "Unmasked" event by D.C.C !

L O V E ♥ to cosplay themed parties, make food & prop, & bring favorite series to life !
Hyura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #5228
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

I don't really know why, but I'm currently hooked on Rainbow Moon.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #5229
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Code of Princess level grinding, Virtue's Last Reward, and Crosswords Plus (I have a soft spot for puzzle games and Crashmo isn't out yet, and I love Picross but Picross E isn't out yet either so I'm playing this instead). I need to get Liberation Maiden off the eShop soon.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #5230
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Re-playing a little bit of Persona 3 Portable. Might play old and obscure Capcom isometric shooter for the arcades and Dreamcast called Cannon Spike.

Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #5231
Mr Zero

Planning on getting Assassin's Creed 3 and WWE13 tomorrow. Just need to figure out one more game I want to take advantage of Targets sale
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #5232
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

How I purchased Assassin's Creed III:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...67810384_n.jpg

Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #5233
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Playing nothing now, but need to get WWE13, Halo 4 and Dance Central 3 at sometime. Those will be what I'll be playing ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #5234
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Being stuck in the house for a ton days means one will play a ton of games. Here's what I did.

Borderlands 2-A fun game, but I'm a bit burnt-out on it, seeing how I put an easy 30-40 hours into it and haven't beaten it yet. Taking a break from it for a week or 2.

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles-Found it for cheap, and I like on-rail shooters. Also gave me an excuse to dust off the Wii. It's fun, and playing it w/ a bro helps, but man o man, there are some rough spots in the RE canon. Basically any RE between 2 and 4.

Kickpuncher- There's a beta out for the kickstarter backers and it's dope. It's very much a beat em up, but also insane. Hard to describe, aside from the fact that there's a playable bee-keeper in it, as well as a character named "Steroid Jackson". Potential GOTY

Resident Evil 6-Cost me zero dollars. Mercenary mode owns. The Chris campaign, however, blows goat. At least the Leon/Jake campaigns should be better.

Also watching several friend live-tweet their AC3 campaigns, and man, I'm suprised how mediocre this game seems to be, despite all the hype and intial media praise.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #5235
Mr Zero

Currently enjoying Assassin's Creed 3
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote