Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #5416
Nippi

Ratchet & Clank HD Collection! Nostalgia is a powerful thing! I didn't remember how hard/frustrating some of the sections in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando were. Now I want to replay the Future series, but my PS3 decided it was time to suffer a catastrophic failure and take my save data + HDD with it. Damnit, I want my already leveled up weapons and bolt multipliers
Nippi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #5417
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
NICE. I'm currently being summoned to invade the woods every minute as a SL 104 Bandit with that +5 zaphander.
Well, the real test is Ren and Stimpy. I got into castle, decided I wasn't ready, jumped the railing and snuck back out. Now I'm farming souls in the forest to level up my pyro glove. But I'm DEAD so I can't get invaded by the likes of you!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #5418
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
What in particular about it makes you want to play the second one? (Serious question - I'm not snarking.)

Haven't finished it yet because I got sucked back into Dark Souls by Zwei. After co-oping on Saturday, I decided to see if I could Onebro it. Currently rocking a blue-skinned blue-haired SL1 Pyro in Sen's Fortress.
I'm interested to see where the story is going. Most of the game is set up for a future game, and it's all interesting enough to see the outcome. Uriel and Uthane are pretty interesting characters. And that game ended right on time, any more and I would have gotten bored with it. Kind of hope that Vigil gets to keep making them with all this THQ stuff going down.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #5419
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Well, the real test is Ren and Stimpy. I got into castle, decided I wasn't ready, jumped the railing and snuck back out. Now I'm farming souls in the forest to level up my pyro glove. But I'm DEAD so I can't get invaded by the likes of you!
Is your current character level 104 or higher? If so, I will give you 20 Humanities as a starter kit for possibly running into me. ;D

Currently crushing all types of ass in the forest with said SL 104 bandit, and starting Pandora's Tower on the side. Pretty decent and unique game, so far.
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #5420
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
I'm interested to see where the story is going. Most of the game is set up for a future game, and it's all interesting enough to see the outcome. Uriel and Uthane are pretty interesting characters. And that game ended right on time, any more and I would have gotten bored with it. Kind of hope that Vigil gets to keep making them with all this THQ stuff going down.
Fair enough. I'm feeling more positive about the game at this point. Really the only boss I hated was the worm. The others aren't very interesting or memorable, but they weren't annoying to me. Unlike the damn worm. Though it turns out that I may have suffered from excess repetitions of worm spam because I didn't upgrade the gun at all. I never use it, so figured why bother. :/

Quote:
Is your current character level 104 or higher? If so, I will give you 20 Humanities as a starter kit for possibly running into me. ;D
Thanks but no thanks! I have lots of humanity. It's really a matter of I don't like being interrupted. I don't particularly enjoy PvP and I'm not particularly good at it - though I have improved. It doesn't bug me to get invaded if I'm co-oping either as a host or a phantom, because that's part of the deal. But I generally only summon for boss fights. If I'm farming or collecting items and haven't beaten the area boss yet, I just stay hollow to avoid having my gaming time wasted.
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #5421
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm feeling more positive about the game at this point. Really the only boss I hated was the worm. The others aren't very interesting or memorable, but they weren't annoying to me. Unlike the damn worm. Though it turns out that I may have suffered from excess repetitions of worm spam because I didn't upgrade the gun at all. I never use it, so figured why bother. :/
Welp, looks like it's not really a big deal anymore. RIP Vigil...

Unread 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #5422
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Thanks but no thanks! I have lots of humanity. It's really a matter of I don't like being interrupted. I don't particularly enjoy PvP and I'm not particularly good at it - though I have improved. It doesn't bug me to get invaded if I'm co-oping either as a host or a phantom, because that's part of the deal. But I generally only summon for boss fights. If I'm farming or collecting items and haven't beaten the area boss yet, I just stay hollow to avoid having my gaming time wasted.
Hahah, fair enough. Still, is there any trophy for getting to +4 in a covenant? If so, joining it yourself wouldn't be a waste of time, and you stand to lose absolutely nothing. o.o
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #5423
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Lost an hour and a half of grinding in FFXIII-2 on the weekend, which was extra upsetting since I'm usually so good about saving. This has halted my progress, but I'm at the end. By the end of the week, I should be done with it!

I've been pretty into Samurai Warriors Chronicles instead. I don't know why I like it so much. I'm happy to have Japanese voice over and the little story connecting your character to the battles is fun.

I got my boyfriend Ni no Kuni as a promised late Christmas gift and it arrived on release day yesterday. Watched him play a few hours of that while I played my 3DS, haha.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: WonderCon in Anaheim, CA (April 18-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #5424
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Ni No Kuni.

It is amazing how hard it is to get a physical copy of that game. I gave up the risk of getting a cold last night and decided to just go in on the TWENTY TWO GIGABYTE DOWNLOAD. It was fine though, saved 5 bucks from the PSN store, so I'll get the DLC.

Unread 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #5425
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Still, is there any trophy for getting to +4 in a covenant? If so, joining it yourself wouldn't be a waste of time, and you stand to lose absolutely nothing. o.o
Nah, only for "discovering" the covenant. I don't think that you even have to join to unlock the trophy. But you do have to level up in a couple of the covenants to get all of the miracles and spells if you want those trophies. I always join the Forest covenant so that

1. I don't get chased around on my way to repeated attempts at Sif,
2. I can kill the ninja for his awesome ring.

Then I join the spider lady covenant so that I can open the short cut and save Solaire. Then finally I join the Sunbros which is where I belong, cooperating jollily.

Only three more bosses to go at SL1. Four Kings was hard as balls! Way harder than O&S.
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #5426
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Paper Mario Sticker Star! Got it yesterday, my 4th 3DS game. It is adorable. I think the last Paper Mario game I played was Thousand Year Door, but I could be wrong. Totally digging it on a handheld. Feels more natural somehow.

And I still haven't popped in Zelda OoT 3DS, oops.

I have yet to play a game where I feel like I'm missing something with the 3D off, which is how my 3DS is 90% of the time. The Fire Emblem demo was pretty cool with 3D, but that's the only one where I really felt like it added something more interesting than the 2D version. SO looking forward to picking up that game in a little over a week!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: WonderCon in Anaheim, CA (April 18-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #5427
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Man... screw the Bed of Chaos... screw it hard. Worst FROM Software "boss" in a long, sad history of awful FROM Software bosses. I beat it, but... damn. Just damn. Just need to put Nito and the 4 kings to bed, now...
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #5428
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Man... screw the Bed of Chaos... screw it hard. Worst FROM Software "boss" in a long, sad history of awful FROM Software bosses. I beat it, but... damn. Just damn. Just need to put Nito and the 4 kings to bed, now...
I know that it's an unpopular opinion, but I like the Bed of Chaos. My least favorite boss in the game is the Four Kings. I'm not godlike enough with dodging to keep from getting hit. The only way I can beat them is to pile on poise and tank, which is not much fun.
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #5429
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I started Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness again the other day. Despite it being a black sheep of the series, I like it a lot. The only major complaints I have are the lack of variety in Pokemon, and the amount of time it takes for battle actions. XD Other than that, I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

I also started a file for The Legendary Starfy tonight. I like it a lot so far. It reminds me of a Kirby game, which is one of the things I prefer about it. I haven't gotten very far into it, but it looks enjoyable.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #5430
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

Ni No Kuni!! i'm only a few hours in so far... but i LOVE it! It's the first JRPG i've liked this much in a very long time. I hope i still feel that way further in... i have a feeling this is gonna be a long game. =^.^=

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote