Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #5596
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Haven't touched XCOM since last week, probably wont get the chance again to until the weekend, bah.
I loved XCOM They did a great job re-creating the feel of the original game, without being too literal. The only thing I found a little excessive were all the little sequences where you get to watch a video of your character dashing from point A to point B. Woo. Look at him run. Look at him run again. Okay, let me play now :P

Until I found myself in costume production time crunch (I banned myself from playing until Ottawa Comiccon so as not to rob my poor costume of the attention it needs) I was working on my 1999 Mode playthrough of Bioshock Infinite - Amazing game with a mind blowing story and BEAUtiful graphics!! Can't wait to get back to it

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #5597
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Haunted Hollow on iOS, 'cause it's officially out today and I worked on it. I'm a bigger fan of next week's Ace Patrol, but both of these are solid Firaxis mobile games and you should check them out. /advertisement

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #5598
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just finished the main story of Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. Don't know if I'll bother to platinum this buggy as hell game though, considering it bugged out on one trophy already.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 05-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #5599
MeiChama
Magical Girl

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #5600
Keebs
Deceptive Conceptions

I just started playing the D&D Neverwinter MMO. It's actually not bad for a free mmo. Only level 15 so far though, so not sure how the end game will turn out, but I expect it to be pretty good
  • Noda - Angel Beats - 0%
  • 1st Release Ulquiorra w/ Wings - Bleach - 10%
  • Dreadknight Garen - League of Legends - 20%
  • Ash Landers w/ Wings - Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) - 100%
  • Stein - Soul Eater - 100%
  • Mugen - Samurai Champloo - 100%
Keebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #5601
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Played BattleBlock Theater with a group of friends today. Omg that game is so ridiculous and also stressful! Lots of fun and laughing though. Maybe later I'll finally play the story mode, haha.

Unread 05-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #5602
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
I loved XCOM They did a great job re-creating the feel of the original game, without being too literal. The only thing I found a little excessive were all the little sequences where you get to watch a video of your character dashing from point A to point B. Woo. Look at him run. Look at him run again. Okay, let me play now :P

Until I found myself in costume production time crunch (I banned myself from playing until Ottawa Comiccon so as not to rob my poor costume of the attention it needs) I was working on my 1999 Mode playthrough of Bioshock Infinite - Amazing game with a mind blowing story and BEAUtiful graphics!! Can't wait to get back to it
Never played the original XCOM, despite getting it as a Steam gift like 3 years ago. Enjoying the hell out of it though, despite it being absolutely punishing at times.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #5603
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Started Bioshock. Amazingly, the first person POV is not making me ill. Yay! I have a few minor gripes with the mechanics - also the maps kind of suck - but Rapture is fabulous.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #5604
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Started Bioshock. Amazingly, the first person POV is not making me ill. Yay! I have a few minor gripes with the mechanics - also the maps kind of suck - but Rapture is fabulous.
You've never played OG Bioshock?!? Oh man, you're in for a treat. Remember how excited I was for you when you started playing Tomb Raider? Think that times 5. That's how excited I am for you right now.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #5605
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSS. Still one of my favorite games ever.

Unread 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #5606
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
You've never played OG Bioshock?!?
I am prone to vertigo and first-person games trigger it, so I avoid them. But I really really wanted to play Bioshock so I thought I'd give it a try since Boy-type has a copy. I have some theories as to why it's not making me ill, but ultimately, I'm just glad that it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
YESSSSSSSSSS. Still one of my favorite games ever.
I'm really enjoying it. I love Rapture! But, TBH, I think the shooting is kind of crap. The reload animations can go die in a fire. The reload combined with the short HP and Eve bars, not to mention the small capacity of everything except the machine gun, results in a lot of dying. Of course, there's basically no penalty for dying - and, in fact, sometimes I just die rather than waste a med kit or Eve hypo - which kind of bugs me. Plus it doesn't really make sense to me that the HP bar is so short. It's not like Med kits and Med stations are scarce. It basically just makes you interrupt what you are doing to go heal. BUT - none of that is game breaking for me. I still think it's a great game. And it's partly my own fault for restarting on Hard after the first section because Normal seemed too easy.
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #5607
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I am prone to vertigo and first-person games trigger it, so I avoid them. But I really really wanted to play Bioshock so I thought I'd give it a try since Boy-type has a copy. I have some theories as to why it's not making me ill, but ultimately, I'm just glad that it doesn't.
Was not aware of this, but glad you can play!

Quote:
I'm really enjoying it. I love Rapture! But, TBH, I think the shooting is kind of crap. The reload animations can go die in a fire. The reload combined with the short HP and Eve bars, not to mention the small capacity of everything except the machine gun, results in a lot of dying. Of course, there's basically no penalty for dying - and, in fact, sometimes I just die rather than waste a med kit or Eve hypo - which kind of bugs me. Plus it doesn't really make sense to me that the HP bar is so short. It's not like Med kits and Med stations are scarce. It basically just makes you interrupt what you are doing to go heal. BUT - none of that is game breaking for me. I still think it's a great game. And it's partly my own fault for restarting on Hard after the first section because Normal seemed too easy.
I think you lose cash for dying?

And yeah, the difficutly level on normal is a tad odd. I replayed 1 as Infinite came closer to dropping and a lot of stuff you've mentioned was noticeable to me too. You may be better off just doing a normal run, get one ending, and doing a 2nd run on hard to get the alternate ending.

Unread 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #5608
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I think you lose cash for dying?
Possibly, but if so, it's not enough that I've noticed. I've died a lot in a couple of spots and generally have an adequate amount of cash (100-300).

Quote:
And yeah, the difficutly level on normal is a tad odd. I replayed 1 as Infinite came closer to dropping and a lot of stuff you've mentioned was noticeable to me too. You may be better off just doing a normal run, get one ending, and doing a 2nd run on hard to get the alternate ending.
Had I waited until I faced the first Big Daddy, I might have stayed at Normal. Hard is hard in Bioshock, unlike Tomb Raider, but it's not too bad. I'm almost done with the Theater and there's only been one fight that was really frustrating - until I discovered that Houdini Splicers + bees = win. And really, a lot of my gripes are just a matter of taste. I prefer games where you can map out your strategy to those where stuff jumps out at you. Mostly because my planning skills are better than my reflexes.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #5609
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
Never played the original XCOM, despite getting it as a Steam gift like 3 years ago. Enjoying the hell out of it though, despite it being absolutely punishing at times.
It takes some getting used to (especially if you've never played it) because of its age and sad, sad graphics, but the strategy and gameplay are awesome. Also, you can have multiple ground-troop teams, multiple full bases, which adds to the playability and game time.

And I agree on the punishing aspect... I DON'T let people die - which can be REALLY fun when faced with a really big battle. "Okay, I tried X, Y, and Z last time, and it didn't work. Let me try Z, W then S... DANGIT!" *reload*

Quote:
Ohhh, such an amazing game!! Still one of my favourites! That and I have a weak spot for Pipe Dreams, so hacking is the best minigame ever! In spite of the preference issues, I hope you end up loving it

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #5610
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Had I waited until I faced the first Big Daddy, I might have stayed at Normal. Hard is hard in Bioshock, unlike Tomb Raider, but it's not too bad. I'm almost done with the Theater and there's only been one fight that was really frustrating - until I discovered that Houdini Splicers + bees = win. And really, a lot of my gripes are just a matter of taste. I prefer games where you can map out your strategy to those where stuff jumps out at you. Mostly because my planning skills are better than my reflexes.
During my replay, I breezed through the 1st Daddy, but got my shit pushed in by the 2nd one repeatedly.

I would tell you what my plasmids of choice where, but I don't want to spoil anything for you. How deep are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
It takes some getting used to (especially if you've never played it) because of its age and sad, sad graphics, but the strategy and gameplay are awesome. Also, you can have multiple ground-troop teams, multiple full bases, which adds to the playability and game time.

And I agree on the punishing aspect... I DON'T let people die - which can be REALLY fun when faced with a really big battle. "Okay, I tried X, Y, and Z last time, and it didn't work. Let me try Z, W then S... DANGIT!" *reload*
I have like 4 or 5 save files. If a unit is a Sgt or higher, I'll reload, because I've grown attached to them. Anything less is a photo on the wall.