Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #5641
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
I second Chris's EXCITE. The game is absolutely beautiful (in visuals, music, and gameplay) and I find Elizabeth to be an excellent companion - no need to protect, and she finds useful stuff for you!

Never heard of a bee gun, and can't remember too much goofiness aside from quest and dialogue stuffs... That said, I want a pet Scrappy. In BL2, as Chris mentioned, there are definitely more goofy kit items, silly quests, "random" occurences, and soooo many references and inside jokes. I haven't found many non-quest related random drop stuff that's goofy, but there are guns that scream, or add input on what to do, or shout insults, make you unable to run, etc. The orange/legendary drops are also pretty awesome, and many have benefits that aren't immediately apparent. My favourite was "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot," a shield that on being damaged would spawn mines which spawned more mines on explosion - awesome!I have one of each, with Maya and Gaige up to 50, and the rest 30 or under. I haven't invested in Kreig because melee isn't really my style, as neat as his powers look. I'm not sure if I'll keep plugging to get any of my characters up to the new level cap, though, as levelling seems to be soooo slooooow past 50. Maybe I just need to be at the right area in the game, but for now, slooooooow.

And progress continues in my 1999 mode playthrough, finally finished with the ghost fights, and have made my way into Comstock House. I'm still not sure why I decided I really needed to complete a 1999 mode playthrough, but I've come this far, so in spite of frustration, I'm darn well going to finish.
Providing I acctually beat XCOM by next week (depends on how grinding my Psonic troopers go), I'll probably start a 2nd BSI run soon. I'm looking forward to it to, now with a clearer understanding of the game, and to mess around with more weapons. I think thr 3rd run will be in 1999 mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
With the phasewalk thing, she seemed too Mage-y (though that may be an incorrect assumption) and I didn't want to play as a Mage in an FPS. And, tbh, I'm not that crazy about the character design - not that you ever see yourself! The hip-pop, head-tilt poses are not my thing. I like the Maya design better. If I pick up BL2 I'll probably go with her. And you guys are making it sound pretty appealing. Plus I'm liking the ending of BL1 more. It's a change of scenery and I now have a giant alien laser cannon!
You're the only person I know who associates the leads from BS with fantasy classes lmao.

If you want some good post game content, pick up the Dr. Ned DLC, and the Claptrap uprising one. Their solid IMO.

And one of the cool things about BL2 is that the playable characters all have variant skins/heads and what not. I dont think I stuck w/ the default version of any of the characters for too long. Gaige especially has some dope alt looks.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #5642
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
You're the only person I know who associates the leads from BS with fantasy classes lmao.
Well, you know me. I'd always rather hit monsters with a sword than shoot humanoids with a gun. And in fact, I think I've had my fill of shooters for awhile. I think I'm going back to Theatrhythm.

Quote:
If you want some good post game content, pick up the Dr. Ned DLC, and the Claptrap uprising one. Their solid IMO.
I actually bought the GOTY edition so I have all the DLC, but like I said, I'm going to take a break from FPSs. But I actually ended up liking the ending - expect for the super tedious final boss - and am feeling more positive about the game overall. I loved how the last couple of sections looked and just wished that they had had more of that kind of variety throughout the game. A better narrative would have been nice too, but I'm always going to care more about the gameplay and the environment than the story.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #5643
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Well, you know me. I'd always rather hit monsters with a sword than shoot humanoids with a gun. And in fact, I think I've had my fill of shooters for awhile. I think I'm going back to Theatrhythm.

I actually bought the GOTY edition so I have all the DLC, but like I said, I'm going to take a break from FPSs. But I actually ended up liking the ending - expect for the super tedious final boss - and am feeling more positive about the game overall. I loved how the last couple of sections looked and just wished that they had had more of that kind of variety throughout the game. A better narrative would have been nice too, but I'm always going to care more about the gameplay and the environment than the story.
Man, Theatrhythm was crazy good fun.

And cool, cool, GOTY edition is the way to go. And yea, if you do pick up BL2 in the futurre, you can take solice in the fact there's more of an plot, more variety in levels and some melee with Zer0.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #5644
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
Providing I acctually beat XCOM by next week (depends on how grinding my Psonic troopers go), I'll probably start a 2nd BSI run soon. I'm looking forward to it to, now with a clearer understanding of the game, and to mess around with more weapons. I think thr 3rd run will be in 1999 mode.
Knowing what happens definitely improves the game, especially all of the interaction and dialogue with and between the Luteces. Brilliant stuff!

Quote:
And one of the cool things about BL2 is that the playable characters all have variant skins/heads and what not. I dont think I stuck w/ the default version of any of the characters for too long. Gaige especially has some dope alt looks.
Agreed! I love all the different skins, both for the characters and for the vehicles - my only pet peeve is that you can't select a favourite to be your default, you always have to select your vehicle skin again the first time you take one out each session.

Quote:
GOTY was definitely a good call. I wouldn't waste much time with the Underdome, as much as I love Moxxi, taking it anywhere beyond the five round stages is just insanity. My husband and I plugged all the way through all of them for the acheivements, but it took so damn long it just wasn't worth it. The other three on the other hand were great, with Zombie Island being the clear winner for me - SO much fun, and the environments are great. Also lots of fun, goofy stuff in the story.

I FINALLY finished my 1999 mode playthrough! It actually wasn't too bad getting to the final fight (though I took heavy advantage of the gear which grants brief invulnerability when jumping on and off skylines), but the final battle took me more than a few attempts. That said, I did it! Yay! I'll probably do an easy playthrough now to take my time and clean up the last few things I missed (2 voxophones, 1 telescope/kinetiscope, and a few random acheivements). Then... I dunno! I still have to finish Red Dead Redemption, and I also need to hit Assassin's Creed 3 at some point.... And of course, more BL2.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #5645
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Been playing Fire Emblem Awakening, but mostly just grinding (got way too many streetpasses at Fanime) and marrying off my troops before continuing with the story. Hahaha.

Also randomly been playing Sims 3 and Forza Horizon, and got a little into the Dragonborn DLC on Skyrim. Oh, and if I didn't mention it, a while back I was playing Mass Effect 3's Omega DLC finally. I haven't decided to start on any new console games yet. Just a lot of messing around.

Animal Crossing soon!!!!!!

Quote:
Knowing what happens definitely improves the game, especially all of the interaction and dialogue with and between the Luteces. Brilliant stuff!
They were my favorite part of the game and the #1 reason I'd want to replay it! Someday~

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #5646
KazuyaMinegishi

I'm playing Persona 4 (which is on hold right now because I don't have my PS2), Persona 4 Arena, SMT: Devil Survivor, and trying to catch up on my Pokemon files.

I can't wait for Pokemon XY this fall! *o* I might get Animal Crossing New Leaf eventually, and I still need to buy Harvest Moon: A New Beginning.
KazuyaMinegishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #5647
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Been playing Fire Emblem Awakening, but mostly just grinding (got way too many streetpasses at Fanime) and marrying off my troops before continuing with the story.
I was 8.5 hours into my 3rd playthrough (on Hard). Luckily a friend let me borrow WeeGee Mansion: Dark Ghost Bouncers, which I started playing this morning. Fun stuff.

Quote:
Agreed! I love all the different skins, both for the characters and for the vehicles - my only pet peeve is that you can't select a favourite to be your default, you always have to select your vehicle skin again the first time you take one out each session.
Yeah, that was kinda annoying. Then again most of my vechiles ended up being ASPLODED anyway.

Almost done grinding through XCOM:EU. 3 out of 4 of my psonics are maxed out, so hopefully I can get it done before Thursday.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #5648
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Zombie Island being the clear winner for me - SO much fun, and the environments are great. Also lots of fun, goofy stuff in the story.
The morning after I finished, I was on the exercise bike (set up in front of the gaming system) and didn't want to start something new, so I played a bit as Lilith just to see how it went. Will definitely go with Maya next game! Also played a bit of the Zombie Island and completely agree! Next time I'm in the mood for a FPS, I'll do the DLC.

Quote:
Then again most of my vechiles ended up being ASPLODED anyway.
So many wrecked vehicles. "Can I drive over this? Let's try it! *crash flip* Pffft! Mako totally would have made it!"

Started Dragon's Dogma this weekend. It's a little odd and sometimes frustrating, but overall I like it. But would it have KILLED them to have a normal fast travel in their huge ass world?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #5649
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
The morning after I finished, I was on the exercise bike (set up in front of the gaming system) and didn't want to start something new, so I played a bit as Lilith just to see how it went. Will definitely go with Maya next game! Also played a bit of the Zombie Island and completely agree! Next time I'm in the mood for a FPS, I'll do the DLC.
Carrie's a big fan of Maya, despite not having touched the game. The Gearbox crew did do a solid job designing her, but both Axeton and Gaige have ROBO-PALZ, which I'm all about. It is hard for me to resist not playing as something called a "Mechromancher", especially when she comes packaged with a D3thTrap!

Quote:
So many wrecked vehicles. "Can I drive over this? Let's try it! *crash flip* Pffft! Mako totally would have made it!"
Have I stated how much I love "Tha Hag's adventures with FPSes" yet? Because I cannot stress how much I love this.

Unread 06-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #5650
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
They were my favorite part of the game and the #1 reason I'd want to replay it! Someday~
I know, right? And their little exchanges make so much more sense on the second go-around!
Quote:
Yeah, that was kinda annoying. Then again most of my vechiles ended up being ASPLODED anyway.

Almost done grinding through XCOM:EU. 3 out of 4 of my psonics are maxed out, so hopefully I can get it done before Thursday.
Bahahahaha ASPLODE! Yeah, that happens. A lot.

Quote:
Maya takes some getting used to. Lilith's phase walk is immediately useful, where the phaselock leaves something to be desired... at first. Later in the game when it can heal you, pull your enemies together and fry the crap out of them, it is much more useful.

Quote:
Carrie's a big fan of Maya, despite not having touched the game. The Gearbox crew did do a solid job designing her, but both Axeton and Gaige have ROBO-PALZ, which I'm all about. It is hard for me to resist not playing as something called a "Mechromancher", especially when she comes packaged with a D3thTrap!
I love deathtrap!! I like Axton, but between turret and deathtrap, I'll take deathtrap any time. That said it took me a LONG time to not cringe every time I heard Gaige talk. She annoyed the ever living crap out of me with her "NBD" and terrible death screams. I think I'm immune to it now, and actually like her quite a bit, but it took time.

Sooooooo I've been plugging away at Borderlands 2 True Vault Hunter mode... Just got the Slab King on my side. And when I have peeps online to play with, I've been having some fun times in Gears of War Judgement and Gears of War 3 multiplayer. I still love GOW3, but switching back and forth between the two control schemes can be a little confusing

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #5651
Emi
want some pins with that?

Right now I'm playing Tales of the Abyss for 3DS and the second .hack//G.U. game. I'm also on the last dungeon for Persona 4: The Golden but I haven't played in about a month. Come Sunday I'll be playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #5652
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I haven't really been playing much recently. I had finals followed by Fanime followed by a week-long Disneyland trip. I'm finally home now to the lovely 106 degree weather, so I'll have plenty of time now to stay inside and catch up on my Fire Emblem streetpasses from Fanime, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Etrian Odyssey IV, etc. Animal Crossing comes out tomorrow so I'm excited about that! (yeah yeah, go ahead and judge me, I don't care)

Also, fuck Redbox. I tried to rent Tomb Raider but it dispensed an empty case. I called Redbox and the lady I spoke with told me that she'd take the game off my record and to give the empty case to the person at the customer service desk of the grocery store that had the Redbox. She gave me some promo codes for free rentals. Well, it turns out she never took that game off my record and I'm still accumulating fines for it, and I'm banned from renting at Redbox because of it. I called Redbox and talked to the guy about it, and he was no help, basically telling me I need to return the game (which I don't have) and pay the $65+ fee (for a game I never played or had in my possession) in order to be able to use a Redbox machine again. So that kind of slows down my game playing a bit, since I like to stop by Redbox and grab a game on my way home from work.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #5653
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Animal Crossing: New Leaf since 9 pm last night wooooo! I feel a little silly breaking down and getting the eShop version since that's something I never do, but I was so excited to play it. There isn't a lot to do in town after 9 pm but... I had fun anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Also, fuck Redbox.
Holy crap that sucks! I hope you can get it worked out.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #5654
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Almost 200 hours in Tactics Ogre, only 4 more unique characters to get and I'll have them all, then I can tackle the end game dungeons...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #5655
CountMetal
I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

Lately I am almost done with Final Fantasy XII but besides that I have been playing Injustice and finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but continuing unlocking some achievements since I am borrowing this game from my cousin.
CountMetal is offline   Reply With Quote