Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #5671
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Playing Kingdom Hearts again. I started a new file on KH1, and I Played a file through about a week ago on KH2. Right now, I'm playing KH:BBS, but I can't beat the final story, so I'll be playing for a little while level grinding lol I'm gonna get back into playing Persona 3 in a bit here too. So yea..Also, I'm still playing Final Fantasy 7 and 8 because they are so damn long lol

But yea, Bringing up playing Kingdom Hearts because this old friend of mine said he can beat it in 30hours with skipping the cutscenes and not level grinding (so leveling up just with normal story-flow), and I beat his time. Not only that, but I watched all the cut scenes. Meaning I was faster then him..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #5672
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I felt like destroying a game, gameplay wise, so I started up Final Fantasy 8 to remind myself why it's awful.

So many story inconsistencies, it's almost like a drinking game.

God damn it Queen of Cards, you fucked the trade rules and ran, you cunt, NO ONE LIKES THE TRADE RULE DIRECT.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #5673
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
What difficulty were you playing on?
Normal. I wanted a lot of psychics.

A LOT OF EM!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #5674
MidnightMinx90

Bought DmC on Saturday so I've been playing that quite a bit
Though right now I'm re-playing Half-Life 2

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #5675
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Remembered I never beat Hotline Miami, so I got back on that.

Spoilers: One does not just simply get back into Hotline Miami :<

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #5676
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Normal. I wanted a lot of psychics.

A LOT OF EM!
Awwww, I played normal and I think I only ended up with two or three psychics. It didn't end up hindering me all that much, but more would have been nice. And thinking about XCOM makes me want to play the original XCOM every time.

I've been pushing through my easy Bioshock Infinite playthrough, and I love it just as much! Though it is funny being able to kill everything easily after finishing 1999 mode - when I finished fighting the "ghost" it was like "Wait, that's it?" Oh well, I'm in it for the scenery, story and finishing off the achievements this time

Aaaand I'm looking forward to the new Borderlands 2 add on - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep! But it comes out on the 25th, and on the 26th I'm heading out of town for a two-month contract where I won't have my XBOX along. Boo Oh well, I'll have my laptop, so at least I can continue my Fallout 3 re-run when I have time and/or a gaming craving.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #5677
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I felt like destroying a game, gameplay wise, so I started up Final Fantasy 8 to remind myself why it's awful.

So many story inconsistencies, it's almost like a drinking game.

God damn it Queen of Cards, you fucked the trade rules and ran, you cunt, NO ONE LIKES THE TRADE RULE DIRECT.
Am I the only one who likes FF8? It's honestly my favorite FF game, what's wrong with me?
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #5678
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
Awwww, I played normal and I think I only ended up with two or three psychics. It didn't end up hindering me all that much, but more would have been nice. And thinking about XCOM makes me want to play the original XCOM every time.
LET ME TELL YOU HOW AWESOME HAVE 4 DUDES RUN THAT LAST MAP WITH MIND CONTROL IS, ESPECIALLY TAKING OUT ENEMEIES VIA ALIEN GRENADE JIHAD! SO AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Am I the only one who likes FF8? It's honestly my favorite FF game, what's wrong with me?
NOTHING! I <3 FF8 as well. Honestly it's probably aged the best out of the PS1 FFs in my opinion.

Unread 06-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #5679
JuJuBeeyutiful
Nerdy-Girl JuJuBee

I'm playing Tales of the Abyss on 3DS =) Amazing game thus far.
JuJuBeeyutiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #5680
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Playing Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed to hype myself up for Project X Zone, which drops this Tuesday.

And speaking of releases, Muramasa Rebirth (enhanced port of Muramasa: The Demon Blade for Wii) also drop this Tuesday for Vita.

Can't wait!
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #5681
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

FF 8 isn't well made, poor balance, plot holes, nonsensical crap. etc.

"Oh I'm sorry John, you can't take the SeeD exam because Squall defeated Ifrit, the one of a kind fire deity that we somehow use as a test to see if you qualify for the entrance exam." How would there be so many SeeD with tests like these, even if every summon from every game was in this one, and they added some from future games, like what? 50 SeeD members world wide, tops?

They also make it seem like EVERYONE has a GF, yet try to make them feel one of a kind. ONE OR THE OTHER SQUARE.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #5682
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
LET ME TELL YOU HOW AWESOME HAVE 4 DUDES RUN THAT LAST MAP WITH MIND CONTROL IS, ESPECIALLY TAKING OUT ENEMEIES VIA ALIEN GRENADE JIHAD! SO AWESOME!
I always loved how the computer attempted to convince me that the mind controlled aliens were my allies and I shouldn't throw that grenade to avoid hurting them... Muahahahahaha!! Screw you computer, and screw all the aliens in the area!!

I'm out of town visiting family at the moment, so I've been playing through some of Resident Evil 6 (Leon's campaign) with one of my older sisters. I'm a little behind on my RE, but may be motivated to catch up now Fighting Zombies is fun!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #5683
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Quote:
NOTHING! I <3 FF8 as well. Honestly it's probably aged the best out of the PS1 FFs in my opinion.
8 is my second fave FF, after 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
And speaking of releases, Muramasa Rebirth (enhanced port of Muramasa: The Demon Blade for Wii) also drop this Tuesday for Vita.

Can't wait!
Same here.

Anyway, I've been mixing it up between Need For Speed: The Run and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #5684
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
I always loved how the computer attempted to convince me that the mind controlled aliens were my allies and I shouldn't throw that grenade to avoid hurting them... Muahahahahaha!! Screw you computer, and screw all the aliens in the area!!

I'm out of town visiting family at the moment, so I've been playing through some of Resident Evil 6 (Leon's campaign) with one of my older sisters. I'm a little behind on my RE, but may be motivated to catch up now Fighting Zombies is fun!
Leon's campaign is the only thing good about RE6. It goes downhill from there.

And yea, screw the PC, I was well aware I was blowing up my own Aliens. Muton Elites ain't people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
Anyway, I've been mixing it up between Need For Speed: The Run and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.
Snagged D&D:CoM, need to actually play it.

And how is Das Run? I heard it was good from a source I don't trust.

Unread 06-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #5685
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Snagged D&D:CoM, need to actually play it.

And how is Das Run? I heard it was good from a source I don't trust.
I've been playing D&D a lot since getting it, especially online.

The Run is decent. Game is linear so no open world, even online. Racing is smooth both offline and online. Very little customization (only colours and presets). The game is not bad, but it won't be blowing your mind like the original Most Wanted or Midnight Club Los Angeles from this gen. However, I still prefer it over Hot Pursuit 2010 and last year's Most Wanted just because it has manual transmission where the other two do not.

RE: Muramasa Rebirth, damn shipping error delayed the release a good week, at least in Toronto. Not a happy camper.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote