Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #5746
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Tales of Graces f while I wait for Xillia to be released tomorrow.
[Aiichiro Nitori-Free!]

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #5747
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Played a lot of the Japanese version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F at a con last weekend and just played the English demo now. Looking forward to the English release at the end of the month, though wishing I had money to import the joystick.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #5748
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finished Remember Me. Thought that it was really fun. But the final boss was super lame.

Playing The Last of Us. Unpopular opinion - I don't really like it much. Also seems like it's short? I only started it on Sunday and according to the game I'm almost halfway done.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #5749
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Finished Remember Me. Thought that it was really fun. But the final boss was super lame.

Playing The Last of Us. Unpopular opinion - I don't really like it much. Also seems like it's short? I only started it on Sunday and according to the game I'm almost halfway done.
I'm waiting for the holdiay season to pick up Remember Me. I REALLY don't want to play it on a 360 controller, so cheap and on the PS3 would be ideal.

And I ain't going to cast shade at you for not liking The Last of Us.

My copy of Bioshock Infinite works again and I'm digging the arena-DLC.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #5750
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I'm waiting for the holdiay season to pick up Remember Me. I REALLY don't want to play it on a 360 controller, so cheap and on the PS3 would be ideal.

And I ain't going to cast shade at you for not liking The Last of Us.
It's not a bad game. A lot of aspects are really excellent. It's just not my thing. And I knew that it wasn't my thing. Linear action game, post-apocalyptic setting, story-heavy, stealth, zombies - not a huge fan of any of those. I hadn't planned on playing it, but I got sucked in by the hype so it's my own fault. But it is pretty short and I think the stealth mixed with a varied arsenal is interesting enough to keep me entertained enough to finish it.
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #5751
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
It's not a bad game. A lot of aspects are really excellent. It's just not my thing. And I knew that it wasn't my thing. Linear action game, post-apocalyptic setting, story-heavy, stealth, zombies - not a huge fan of any of those. I hadn't planned on playing it, but I got sucked in by the hype so it's my own fault. But it is pretty short and I think the stealth mixed with a varied arsenal is interesting enough to keep me entertained enough to finish it.
I getcha. I'm actually kind of suprised you bought/borrow/stole it though, as I imagine there's some kids in danger stuff involved. But it happens, there's probably a dozen of so Triple A franchises I just can't care about (See anything by Rockstar games not called "Bully").

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #5752
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I getcha. I'm actually kind of suprised you bought/borrow/stole it though, as I imagine there's some kids in danger stuff involved.
Yeah, that too. But I know that nothing reeeeaaally bad happens to Ellie - other than being terrorized by mushroom zombies. The intro was pretty harrowing but nothing else has bothered me on that front.

Quote:
But it happens, there's probably a dozen of so Triple A franchises I just can't care about (See anything by Rockstar games not called "Bully").
Dude, there are entire genres that don't interest me. I can't say that those are bad games. Just not my thing.
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #5753
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Finally bothered to figure out how to go online with the Dragon Quest X beta, so I've been doing a lot of that. Beta ends this weekend though. I am pretty sure I'm going to import it, especially since my fiancÚ loves MMOs and is enjoying it with me!

Also played a bunch of Dragon's Crown at our buddy's place last night, 3 person co-op. We loved it so much that we decided we needed our own copy, which I picked up today.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #5754
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Finally bothered to figure out how to go online with the Dragon Quest X beta, so I've been doing a lot of that. Beta ends this weekend though. I am pretty sure I'm going to import it, especially since my fiancÚ loves MMOs and is enjoying it with me!
*gets angry at another Dragon Quest game not in English.*
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #5755
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Tales of Xillia. I picked it up yesterday and played some of it, but then I went with friends so I turned it off. I'm playing more of it today and it's really good. Loving the combat system.
[Aiichiro Nitori-Free!]

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #5756
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Dude, there are entire genres that don't interest me. I can't say that those are bad games. Just not my thing.
I'm the same boat. RTSes, flight simulators, whatever the hell Animal Crossing and Pikmin are considered, and super serious sports sims are not my bag, although I'm given NBA 2k13 a serious shot.

Anywho, I'm been messing around with the BSI arena-DLC. Tis fun, but I am not particularly great at it.

Unread 08-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #5757
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Hey, remember when you said this?

Quote:
I'm actually kind of suprised you bought/borrow/stole it though, as I imagine there's some kids in danger stuff involved.
Well, I got to a certain point last night, and I'm done.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I know what happens to Black people in horror movies so when a cute Black kid showed up,
I googled to confirm my suspicions and noped right out of there!
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #5758
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Hey, remember when you said this?

Well, I got to a certain point last night, and I'm done.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I know what happens to Black people in horror movies so when a cute Black kid showed up,
I googled to confirm my suspicions and noped right out of there!
WHELP! Well you gave it a shot. Did you buy the game, or borrow it from one of the Kidz?

Unread 08-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #5759
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
WHELP! Well you gave it a shot. Did you buy the game, or borrow it from one of the Kidz?
Paid full price. That'll teach me to ignore my instincts and listen to reviews, no matter how good they are. But it's cool. I'm not sorry I played it. It's a game that's worth discussing. If I knew that I could just skip the disturbing scene, I'd keep playing (even though I read about the end and think it's lame). It wasn't just "shitty thing happens to a kid" but the actual specifics of it that I didn't want to deal with. The game is very episodic, so I think that once I got beyond that point, I'd be o.k. with it being in the past. I just had no desire to experience it directly.
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #5760
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Finished

The Last of Us : Survival Mode - 8.7
Bioshock Inifinite : 1999 Mode - 9.0
Singularity : Hard Mode - 9.2

Singularity and Bioshock Infinite have a lot in common with either the way the plot and such go ect.. you can read a few other reviewers say the same thing. I felt Singularity had much better game play. Bioshock Infinite yea it looks beautiful at first but then things start looking the same after a while.

The Last of Us is NOTHING Original it's just a bunch of movies That have come out over the last couple years and rolled up into a Video Game. The beginning was very predictable and the story was Eh, to many cinematic scenes. (not saying the game was not good) I am very picky & Critical on games.

now finishing up Kingdoms of Amalur : Lost interest bout 42 hours ago but i will continue playing until i complete ALL the Side Quests/Main Quests/Faction Quests/ and so on.
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote