Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #5776
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

I'm HOOOOOOME! I had NO time for gaming this summer, and ended up getting my fix by playing Jetpack Joyride on my phone whenever I thought I could get a run in. Otherwise, nada. Now that I'm home I'm rocking out Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep! So much fun! I just finished the main quest line, and have a few to go back for. My only complaint was that some of the areas were freakin' huge, so there were times I had to drop and run, then have to fight my way back through the entire area before I could carry on... Just to get called away again, and fight through it again.

Other than that, the hubby bought me XCOM for the 360 and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for our anniversary! I haven't had the chance to play either yet, but he thought I might enjoy XCOM more on the 360 than on my laptop (where the gameplay was rather choppy) and obviously new XCOM game = must play. Now that I'm mostly done Dragon's Keep, I know what's next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Finished Borderlands 2 - twice. Once as Gaige and once as Maya. I preferred Maya, but IMO she's a tougher character for single player. Liked it SO much better than the first one. Environments were more varied, NPCs were better, story was better. And it was much much funnier. Only negative for me is that I would have liked a longer time between respawns. I like to poke around in every nook and cranny and there's a lot to explore in each area - especially if you want to look for some of the challenge items. I got tired of having to clear out an area multiple times. Similarly, I thought there was too much back-tracking for side quests.
Glad to hear you played and liked it! Though I'm with you on the respawning of enemies... I'm very thorough, and ended up re-killing so many enemies. As for the Gaige vs Maya debate, I kinda cheat the system... My primary player is a Siren, and I have a secondary account that I "2 player" with to level a secondary Mechro. When things get ridiculous (if I die way to many times for my taste) I run her close and use Deathtrap to help me out! I know, a bit of a pain for the amount of gain, but having Deathtrap and Phase-Lock at my disposal in solo play makes it totally worth it.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #5777
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Also just, um, mastered DuckTales Remastered.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #5778
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Beat every song on normal difficulty in Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F a day after it came out. It's nice that the Japanese lyrics have been re-written in romaji (English letters), but it would be nice if the localization team actually translated the lyrics. I kind of want to know what the lyrics are actually saying, not only how to sing it in Japanese.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #5779
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Final Fantasy XIV.

When the servers aren't being bullshit, the game itself works and works well, I haven't found any glitches though I'm sure others have. Multiple ways to level, taking elements from WoW and GW 2 but at no point did I stop thinking I was playing a Final Fantasy game. It adds enough to stand out, a huge improvement over the awful original version. Also, props to this game for putting a decently challenging boss early on. (Ifrit)

I'm a 22 conjurer, so hopefully soon I'll be able to hit White Mage, which I have no idea what other class I need to learn to advance to white mage.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #5780
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

PC- Saints Row the 4. So good, so very, very good.
3DS-Donkey Kong Country Returns and ACNL. The former is A LOT more difficult that I'd imagine it to be, but I'm digging it. ACNL remains an excellent chores simulator.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #5781
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Trying to make progress in Fire Emblem. I spent so much time grinding and marrying off my guys and now I'm pretty tired of that, so I guess I just won't get the kids I haven't "made" yet. Played two story missions and a paralogue to get a kid the other night, but then wondered why I was bothering because I don't usually add them to my already awesome team! The story additions are cool, and I love the chats between characters as mothers/sons/etc, but I kinda just wanna beat this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
ACNL remains an excellent chores simulator.
It's rained in my game twice in the last few days and I was so glad because I've been feeling lazy about watering my flowers lately. D:

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #5782
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Trying to make progress in Fire Emblem. I spent so much time grinding and marrying off my guys and now I'm pretty tired of that, so I guess I just won't get the kids I haven't "made" yet. Played two story missions and a paralogue to get a kid the other night, but then wondered why I was bothering because I don't usually add them to my already awesome team! The story additions are cool, and I love the chats between characters as mothers/sons/etc, but I kinda just wanna beat this game!
BUT T3H MAGICS YOU'LL MISS OUT ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
It's rained in my game twice in the last few days and I was so glad because I've been feeling lazy about watering my flowers lately. D:
AH CRAP KNEW I FORGOT TO DO SOMETHING!

#ACNLlyfe

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #5783
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Killer is Dead. I beat it last night and now I'm going through and working on getting the trophies. The have $100 million one is such a pain though. :/

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #5784
Wenora
The Musical Mage

Trying to manage between Animal Crossing NL, Monster Hunter 3 and Final Fantasy XIVARR. Mostly playing the third one.

Blog: http://wenora.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wenor...57531264268612
DA: http://prishe2win.deviantart.com/
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #5785
kAZbear

Earthbound! Nearly up to the best part of the game, Saturn Valley <3

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #5786
DrTights

Just finished saints row 4. I have to say it damn near satisfies my destructive super power fantasies. Also a fun and surprisingly kind of deep plot.

Can't wait for Arkham origins
DrTights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #5787
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

I started The Bureau: XCOM Declassified... I haven't gotten very far, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. It's not bad, but already it's just giving more questions than answers (like why the hell do I have to spend time in XCOM:EU reasearching elerium and elerium reactors if they already had them in the 60's?). The combat system is interesting, but I think I'll need to play quite a bit more to get accustomed to trying to command my peeps while fighting in a third person shooter environment.

Aaaand I've revived my passion for Gears of War 3! I'm in the planning stages of some Gears cosplays for next year, and playing extra gears is the best way to obsess over the details of the costumes! I'm kind of on the precipice where I'm sourcing materials, doing research, and both excited to get started and terrified of how much work it will take... In the meantime - More Gears!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #5788
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Polygon did a story on The Bureau XCOM and after reading what a nightmare development cycle it went through, I'm staying the hell away from it until it's cheaper.

Headed to Europe tomorrow for 10 days, so I'm be limited to my 3DS, which means Animal Crossing, Donkey Kongs Returns, and my downloaded games.

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #5789
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

I've been playing Pokemon: Soul Silver lately. I'm in Goldenrod City right now.
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #5790
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I've been playing a bunch of games in short spurts because I've been getting bored a little too easily as of late. Here they are:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
Persona 3 Portable
God Eater Burst
Trine 3
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HD
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Oddly enough, even though I finished the game, I keep going back to VLR. I usually just put a game down for good once I'm finished.

Also been wanting to play Saints Row II and IV. The former, I'm looking for a decent price used; the latter, I want to see a price drop first before I get it.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 09-11-2013 at 06:22 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote