Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #5806
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Gave Brutal Legends a twirl on the PC. The game is...decent at best. Funny, but the gameplay is mediocre. Not Double Fine's best.

Galaga Championship EX or whatever it fun (PS3) but something I should be done with soon.

POKEYMAN X/Y THIS WEEK, GET HYPE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #5807
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Video Game Chat used to be a lot more active a few years ago. And it was usually just a handful of us regulars too. But I guess we're all now just busy with our everyday lives.
I know this is an old post, but this. Hell, I don't even game that much any more. Real life got in the way, and there are other things I could be spending my money on. Growing up sucks, man.

With that said, I'm somehow still addicted to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I've already put in... no, I won't even publicly admit how many hours I've put into that time sink. Just know that it's a lot. I'm also still addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is weird because I hate Fire Emblem games. Console-wise, I've been messing around with Saints Row IV, which feels like a strange combination of GTA and Crackdown. Or something.

Looking forward to Pokemon X/Y this weekend and, surprise surprise, Dual Destinies in a few weeks.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #5808
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I know this is an old post, but this. Hell, I don't even game that much any more. Real life got in the way, and there are other things I could be spending my money on. Growing up sucks, man.

With that said, I'm somehow still addicted to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I've already put in... no, I won't even publicly admit how many hours I've put into that time sink. Just know that it's a lot. I'm also still addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is weird because I hate Fire Emblem games. Console-wise, I've been messing around with Saints Row IV, which feels like a strange combination of GTA and Crackdown. Or something.

Looking forward to Pokemon X/Y this weekend and, surprise surprise, Dual Destinies in a few weeks.
so busy!

And yeah, I've barely touched a console game since...Sunday? It's been ACNL or nothing for me. Gonna pick up POKEYMANS Y on Sunday or Monday, depending on how NYCC goes.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #5809
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
For real. It's not that I don't love video games anymore. I just don't have as much time anymore, especially since I've been sinking my free time into other things such as hanging with friends, reading books, watching movies, TV series, annie mays, etc.

I'm not even on my PS3 as I used to. Although that's partly because there aren't any console games I'm interested in these days. I sometimes play some more Last of Us or Battlefield 3 multi-player, but that's just about it. You'll see me console gaming again once Battlefield 4 rolls out.

Most of my gaming is on handhelds nowadays when I'm riding to and from work, as well as during my breaks at work. I rarely bust my handhelds out at home.

Quote:
I'm also still addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is weird because I hate Fire Emblem games.
Same here. I'm terrible at S-RPGs so I'm glad there's a casual mode in Awakening. I've just been beefing up my protagonists and doing support conversations for the main menu's support log.

Quote:
Dual Destinies sqwee! And I hope I find Pokemon Y fun enough for me to at least beat the elite four.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #5810
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Quote:
I know those feels all too well. Gotta love adulthood with its work and responsibilities.

Since I haven't had all that much gaming time, the little bit I've had has been dedicated to my Mechromancer in Borderlands 2... That's it. I'm working through her True Vault Hunter mode playthrough, and enjoying every minute of it. I REALLY do need to play other games. I think Arkham Asylum is next on my very very long list of backlogged games.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #5811
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Even with adult responsibilities, my fiance and I keep staying up anywhere between 3 and 5 am playing GTA 5. We are terrible people. And sleepy people.

Last night we took a break and played Sengoku Basara 3 Utage and Samurai Warriors 3Z. We needed some ridiculous Japanese history.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #5812
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

So the hubby stole my Borderlands 2 (after trading in our 2nd copy last week) so I was forced out of my niche and picked my Red Dead Redemption back up. I'm pretty close to finishing the game, but haven't yet because I tend to be a little obsessive about side quests/achievements/challenges, and don't want the game to be "over" until I finish all of them... It's silly, as I'm sure you can keep playing afterward, but it's just the way I play

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #5813
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

>Okay, I'll just go to the midnight release of Pokemon X Y and just play for a few minutes before I head to bed.

>Five hours later.

>Fuck.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #5814
ko71ei
I'm back, baby!

MW3, Does anyone on here use steam?
ko71ei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #5815
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Still on FF XIV, and I just finished Arc the Lad 1, started up Arc 2, haven't played this since high school, man I forgot how bloody awesome this game was, it's what I like to call "Reasonable Disgaea".
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #5816
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Now that I'm free of NYCC and cons for a bit, I can be a slave to.....my 3DS. POKEYMANS AND ACNL, HUZZAH!

Unread 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #5817
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Now that I'm free of NYCC and cons for a bit, I can be a slave to.....my 3DS. POKEYMANS AND ACNL, HUZZAH!
THIS.

Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Ace Attorney, oh my!

...Well, not Ace Attorney yet, I suppose, but ask me what I'm playing when Thursday rolls around.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #5818
Yujin

Still playing AC: NL~ I have a copy of Pokemon Y sitting in my desk but if I open it I will fail all my classes.
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #5819
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
THIS.

Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Ace Attorney, oh my!

...Well, not Ace Attorney yet, I suppose, but ask me what I'm playing when Thursday rolls around.
I feel bad that I'm not day 1ing AA, but it drops between Pokeymans and LoZ. Not a good look, hopefully I can pick it up once I beat one or both of those.

Also been playing Telltales "A Wolf Among Us", and man that game is GREAT.

Unread 10-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #5820
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Soul Calibur Legends. I asked my friend to let me borrow it since it has Lloyd from Symphonia in it, and after playing an hour of it, I can officially say that this game really, really sucks.

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote