Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #5821
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Also been playing Telltales "A Wolf Among Us", and man that game is GREAT.
Definitely want to play this. And there's a whole bunch of indie stuff on the PC I want to get to - Papers Please, Road Not Taken, Gone Home. But I've been on the road a lot and haven't been playing anything. Except for Candy Crush Saga. >_<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #5822
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...
 
DarkFujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I feel bad that I'm not day 1ing AA, but it drops between Pokeymans and LoZ. Not a good look, hopefully I can pick it up once I beat one or both of those.
I took advantage of Club Nintendo's deal where if you buy Fire Emblem and SMTIV you get $30 in the eShop, and since Dual Destinies is digital-only and costs $30 in the eShop, Ive just been holding on to that $30 credit until it releases on Thursday.

Actually that's kind of a lie. I bought a Picross game with some of that credit, so I should probably add a couple bucks before Thursday rolls around.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #5823
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Soul Calibur Legends. I asked my friend to let me borrow it since it has Lloyd from Symphonia in it, and after playing an hour of it, I can officially say that this game really, really sucks.
Man I could have told you that years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Definitely want to play this. And there's a whole bunch of indie stuff on the PC I want to get to - Papers Please, Road Not Taken, Gone Home. But I've been on the road a lot and haven't been playing anything. Except for Candy Crush Saga. >_<
TWAU will definetly make you happier than TWD. The choices dont seem as grave, really only build/destroy relations. Of course it's only episode 1 so I MAY be wrong. Also it's short. Like maybe 3 hours short, and light on combat.

Gone Home was $10 yesterday, so now it's GOT home...on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I took advantage of Club Nintendo's deal where if you buy Fire Emblem and SMTIV you get $30 in the eShop, and since Dual Destinies is digital-only and costs $30 in the eShop, Ive just been holding on to that $30 credit until it releases on Thursday.

Actually that's kind of a lie. I bought a Picross game with some of that credit, so I should probably add a couple bucks before Thursday rolls around.
Never got SMT4, opting for PXZ, DKCR and ACNL instead. Because I am the worst/ really want that Zelda.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #5824
CosplayerGabi
Shotgun Badass
 
CosplayerGabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Is that any good? I watch my nephew and his friend play it and it looks absolutely infuriating.
Whoa this is an answer a long time coming.
Yes it's a good game. They seem to be improving with each one. They are strangely kiddie and still fun.
__________________
Do the job, till it's done Sir
CosplayerGabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #5825
Joethehappydog
Uncalled for Man!
 
Joethehappydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 115
I've been playing The Wind Waker HD on a beamer with surround sound. I'm living the good life right now
__________________
''You should not have turned your blades on me, foul creatures! With a single word, I, Grimoire Weiss, can shatter the very universe itself! Now! Prepare to... Prepare to, er... Oh dear.''
-Grimoire Weiss (aka Weiss/Shiro)

My deviantArt: JoeyBizToast

お尻の筋肉を締め、ええ!

Working on:
-Nier (NieR Gestalt)
-Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)
Joethehappydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #5826
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants
 
LadyCrankypants's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 218
The blasted Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt is just feeding my addiction. I'm going to need to find a Vault Hunter's Anonymous meeting soon if this keeps up.
__________________
Lady Crankypants
Gamer - Artist - Cosplay n00b

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin


The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #5827
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self
 
UNIT0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 881
Ace Attorney: Dual Destiniiiiiies! On the second case!
__________________
http://backloggery.com/unit0918
PlayStation Network ID: UNIT0918
Xbox Live Gamertag: UNIT 0918
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #5828
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Madden 25. My running game is solid, but I need to work on my pass-WHAT?
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #5829
CrazyForTheCos9
Registered User
 
CrazyForTheCos9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
ToeJam and Earl III: Mission to Earth (X-Box)
And starting tomrrow, Sonic: Lost Worlds (Wii U)
__________________
"We have more hits than a porn website!" - Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
________________________

Upcoming Cosplays: Corey Riffin (Grojband), Ickis (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters), and Really Really Big Man (Rocko's Modern Life)
CrazyForTheCos9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #5830
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.
 
Kenmichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Video Game Chat used to be a lot more active a few years ago. And it was usually just a handful of us regulars too. But I guess we're all now just busy with our everyday lives.
Growing up sucks sometimes.

On a positive note I'll be back in the states in ~7 months! And FFXIV is OK. Has a lot of potential but it needs a lot of little things fixed to really enhance the experience.
__________________
2012 Convention Schedule:
Kenmichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #5831
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
The blasted Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt is just feeding my addiction. I'm going to need to find a Vault Hunter's Anonymous meeting soon if this keeps up.
I still need to finish up the DLC from the first one and then take on the DLC for 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Madden 25. My running game is solid, but I need to work on my pass-WHAT?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
Growing up sucks sometimes.

On a positive note I'll be back in the states in ~7 months! And FFXIV is OK. Has a lot of potential but it needs a lot of little things fixed to really enhance the experience.
Hey stranger! Glad you're safe.

FWIW - I like being a grown-up. I think the benefits (money, sex) far outweigh the downside (responsibilities).

Back to chipping away at Saint's Row the Third. Made the mistake of doing too many side missions, which I don't really enjoy - too much driving and flying for my taste. But Prof. Genki was hilarious and it was worth doing the trailblazing one to get the Troncycle. I've wisely decided to just finish the main campaign which is much more amusing.

It's also clear that I'm never getting my 3DS back from my daughter. Guess I'll have to buy another one at some point.

Picked up Beyond Two Souls and will probably play that next.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #5832
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
FWIW - I like being a grown-up. I think the benefits (money, sex) far outweigh the downside (responsibilities).

Back to chipping away at Saint's Row the Third. Made the mistake of doing too many side missions, which I don't really enjoy - too much driving and flying for my taste. But Prof. Genki was hilarious and it was worth doing the trailblazing one to get the Troncycle. I've wisely decided to just finish the main campaign which is much more amusing.

It's also clear that I'm never getting my 3DS back from my daughter. Guess I'll have to buy another one at some point.

Picked up Beyond Two Souls and will probably play that next.
Co-signing the adult thing. Sometimes you're paid to be at places, which is WAYYY better than not being paid.

As for SR3, yeah I did some side missions, but only the ones I REALLY liked. Otherwise I skipped them.

Started the Last of Us and suprised the Hag made it past the intro.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #5833
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
As for SR3, yeah I did some side missions, but only the ones I REALLY liked. Otherwise I skipped them.
It's mostly the car stealing and helicopter ones that I find tiresome. I actually think the driving escort ones are kind of hilarious, but I'm really bad at them. I did all the "kitty" ones, but gave up on the "escort" escorts. Oh and the insurance fraud ones were hilarious. So, o.k., I guess I liked a lot of them.

How does IV compare to The Third?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Started the Last of Us and suprised the Hag made it past the intro.
Yeah, I nearly quit there. But I'd been warned about it so had steeled myself.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I was raging at Joel for leaving her alone because I thought that he'd just gone off to work. I thought that she was going to be killed when she was alone and terrified, thinking her father abandoned her. So the actual event was awful, but not as awful as I thought it was going to be.

The place where I quit temporarily will be obvious to you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #5834
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
It's mostly the car stealing and helicopter ones that I find tiresome. I actually think the driving escort ones are kind of hilarious, but I'm really bad at them. I did all the "kitty" ones, but gave up on the "escort" escorts. Oh and the insurance fraud ones were hilarious. So, o.k., I guess I liked a lot of them.

How does IV compare to The Third?
I beat IV in under 30 hours, and did about 86% of the game, 10% of which is co-op stuff I've ignored. There's a few mission type that return from SR3 like insurance fraud, Genki and RAMPAGES, but there a very little that require driving. In fact there's very little driving to be done in the game for reasons involving the fact that you have powers.

SR4 is insane. It's like a VERY large expansion, despite some new weapons, new abailities and some other neat stuff. It you get it for $40 or less, it's a great deal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yeah, I nearly quit there. But I'd been warned about it so had steeled myself.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I was raging at Joel for leaving her alone because I thought that he'd just gone off to work. I thought that she was going to be killed when she was alone and terrified, thinking her father abandoned her. So the actual event was awful, but not as awful as I thought it was going to be.

The place where I quit temporarily will be obvious to you.
I'm going into TLoU spoiler free, which is nice. I actually wished the intro lasted a little bit longer, because running around a shit went down could have been cool, at least IMO.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 10-30-2013 at 11:34 AM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #5835
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,688
Really Arc 2? You're gonna make me do a dungeon I had to do for the story SIX MORE TIMES for the hunter jobs?
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.