Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #5836
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
FWIW - I like being a grown-up. I think the benefits (money, sex) far outweigh the downside (responsibilities).
I did say sometimes! Unit referring to how growing apart is often a side-effect of growing up and I was agreeing. Since joining the service and deploying I can't agree with that notion more; it's sad to see how much I develop and grow in such a short period while watching some of my friends from University just stay stagnant. Of course I'm also physically feeling my rapid growth. Should have done this when I was younger!

On a side note, FFXIV is getting better now that I've unlocked more end-game content but right now there are 2 or 3 lv. 50 gear sets and 2 relic weapon quests. Lots of content while growing and leveling but very little end-game right now. But I've noticed something that was also true in World of Warcraft: multi-server dungeon queues kills the exclusivity and nullifies the need to work hard to earn your gear. Before I left WoW all I had to do was throw myself into the end game raid queues and I was decked out in lv. 85 Plums. Sure I'd have a few wipes here and there but it's not like we weren't going to complete it. The content was, and is the case in FFXIV, repetitive and easy as long as you keep trying. Now that I've unlocked the end-game dungeons it'll be just a matter of time before I'm decked out in, what I believe is, Tier 3 gear.

Though if anyone has played or is playing FFXIV the only dungeon this rule doesn't apply to is Aurum Vale. Dear Lord that dungeon is mind-numbingly difficult no matter how many times you do it.

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #5837
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Finally got a PS3. Currently gaming Tales of Graces.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #5838
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Beat I think a week ago, and still concentrating on Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies. The second case seemed like a filler case and was not that exciting, but the third case was amazing! I'm on the fourth case right now, and that one is turning out to be really interesting as well.

Quote:
FWIW - I like being a grown-up. I think the benefits (money, sex) far outweigh the downside (responsibilities).
To clarify, despite the fact that I don't have the time to be playing video games like I used to, I like how life is right now. Working and spending time with friends will always take priority over video games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
Unit referring to how growing apart is often a side-effect of growing up and I was agreeing. Since joining the service and deploying I can't agree with that notion more; it's sad to see how much I develop and grow in such a short period while watching some of my friends from University just stay stagnant. Of course I'm also physically feeling my rapid growth. Should have done this when I was younger!
Glad to hear that you're doing good, bro!

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 11-07-2013 at 08:59 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #5839
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

I finally peeled myself away from Borderlands 2 long enough to finish Red Dead Redemption, though I called the ending before it happened, they played it out pretty well. Overall loved the game, though it played into my obsessive personality a little too well (with all the little side missions, challenges, etc). I think my next conquest will be Arkham Asylum. I am so damned behind on my gaming.

And some Gears of War 3 multiplayer... Almost re-upped for the second time. Woo.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #5840
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

The 3DS remains my Pokeyman/ACNL machine, I really need to buckle down with the Porkeymans, as there's a new Zelda to be played in a few weeks.

Console wise, still the Last of Us. REALLY digging it so far, although the combat is a tad weak.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #5841
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Recently blasted through Saints Row IV and its Enter The Dominatrix DLC twice. Trying to figure out what to play next since I'm waiting on Black Friday and Boxing Day to get the most recent games.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 11-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #5842
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Console wise, still the Last of Us. REALLY digging it so far, although the combat is a tad weak.
I liked the combat well enough, though there were only a couple of places that were a challenge for me playing on normal. It bugged me that my teammates were invisible to enemies, but I get that it was a technical issue and that choice was the lesser of two evils. A bigger problem for me was the long stretches of walking around and pressing X. I get that the "doing nothing" in this game is part of the rhythm of the story (unlike, say, the eternal sailing in Windwaker). But I play games to do something, not nothing.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #5843
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I liked the combat well enough, though there were only a couple of places that were a challenge for me playing on normal. It bugged me that my teammates were invisible to enemies, but I get that it was a technical issue and that choice was the lesser of two evils. A bigger problem for me was the long stretches of walking around and pressing X. I get that the "doing nothing" in this game is part of the rhythm of the story (unlike, say, the eternal sailing in Windwaker). But I play games to do something, not nothing.
My problem was that hand to hand seemed to be more useful than gunplay most of the time.

And YEAHHHH, the Uncharted-esque exploring nonsense is annoying. What worked in one franchise doesn't work for everything, especially when one's a action/adventure game, and the other's a horror/stealth title. I've spent way too much time moving ladders and swimming, and I'm still in Pittsburgh.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #5844
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

I finally decided to start a New Game + on Xillia after waiting for so long and now I'm glad I did. Leveling is so much easier.

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #5845
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Dragon Quest X
sometimes Skyrim but I beat Dragonborn and now I just have achievement hunting left..
Animal Crossing every day

Ummm... I beat Pokemon X last week and went back to Fire Emblem. Grinding again. I'm at chapter 17. I just wanna finish it but I also kinda wanna make more team babies.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #5846
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

I finally actually got around to downloading the first Headhunter Pack for Borderlands 2 (TK Baha's Bloody Harvest) and enjoyed it despite its brevity (but what can you expect for $2.99?). Good times were had by all, and the rest of my games still feel dreadfully neglected.

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #5847
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

I'm already on the final case of Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies! And things are starting to get interesting!

Also playing more Pokemon Y since my close friend started playing as well. In a way, I feel sort of bad for my other friends because they seem to be playing Pokemon to train those IV things. It seems like they're doing more work than having fun. And I highly doubt most of them will use those Pokemon competitively to begin with. Meanwhile my close friend and I are simply enjoying the game by simply adventuring, catching Pokemon, and trading them with each other.

Quote:
A bigger problem for me was the long stretches of walking around and pressing X. I get that the "doing nothing" in this game is part of the rhythm of the story (unlike, say, the eternal sailing in Windwaker). But I play games to do something, not nothing.
Quote:
And YEAHHHH, the Uncharted-esque exploring nonsense is annoying. What worked in one franchise doesn't work for everything, especially when one's a action/adventure game, and the other's a horror/stealth title. I've spent way too much time moving ladders and swimming, and I'm still in Pittsburgh.
I have this obsession with post-apocalyptic city settings (especially post-apocalypse Tokyo), so I personally liked the down times in the Last of Us because it generally allowed me to absorb the beauty of the world around me. It was interesting seeing how each area showed how people lived, and what happened to them.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #5848
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
But I play games to do something, not nothing.

AND A BLACK FATHER AND SON JUST SHOWED UP IN THE GAME, I KNOW HOW THIS GOES, SUPER COOL STORY NAUGHT DOG :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Dragon Quest X
sometimes Skyrim but I beat Dragonborn and now I just have achievement hunting left..
Animal Crossing every day

Ummm... I beat Pokemon X last week and went back to Fire Emblem. Grinding again. I'm at chapter 17. I just wanna finish it but I also kinda wanna make more team babies.
all of the children.

so much babies.

Unread 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #5849
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
I personally liked the down times in the Last of Us because it generally allowed me to absorb the beauty of the world around me. It was interesting seeing how each area showed how people lived, and what happened to them.
Valid points. I tend to not like post-apocalyptic settings, but in TLoU, since the spores only affected people, the rest of nature was doing fine and the world was really beautiful. The Boston locations were super accurate which was creepy-cool for me. Although for some reason there were two copies of the Shaw Memorial in front of the State House. o_O? My dislike of the "slowness" of it is just a personal preference thing. I get what they point was, it just isn't my favorite style.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
There was really only one segment, the University, that I found really tedious. And I think that's because it's the only part where there was no other characters except for Joel and Ellie.

I did think that the various notes and diaries really added to the world but, like CHris, I could have done without moving ladders and pushing rafts.

Quote:
AND A BLACK FATHER AND SON JUST SHOWED UP IN THE GAME, I KNOW HOW THIS GOES, SUPER COOL STORY NAUGHT DOG :/
Tell me about it! The SECOND they showed up, I went, "Oh crap. I better Google this shit," and I noped. And yeah, I think that there are a couple of places where Naughty Dog dropped the ball story-wise and it left me with an overall negative impression of the game despite all of the other great things about it. Details are spoilery, so I'll wait until you're done. Me and Kilz had some long exchanges about whether or not N-Dog did the right thing.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #5850
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I did think that the various notes and diaries really added to the world but, like CHris, I could have done without moving ladders and pushing rafts.

Tell me about it! The SECOND they showed up, I went, "Oh crap. I better Google this shit," and I noped. And yeah, I think that there are a couple of places where Naughty Dog dropped the ball story-wise and it left me with an overall negative impression of the game despite all of the other great things about it. Details are spoilery, so I'll wait until you're done. Me and Kilz had some long exchanges about whether or not N-Dog did the right thing.
Right. I have no problem with exploration, as I'm a fan of both Dear Esther and Gone Home. But not when it's a GTA type thing when they slam several type of gamestyles and done none of them particularly well.

Also, introducing said characters like 10 minutes after a woman gets brutual murdered on screen has me :/ :/ :/ hardcore. Which is a shame, because I LIKE this game, but it's problematic, and cliche-ridden at times, and BRILLANT at others. I'm hoping the 2nd half picks up.

Also group question, but we all good to start talking GOTY come December? Because man, let me tell you how great Fire Emblem is....