Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #781
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Playing the demo of the Katawa Shouji doujin visual novel again. Seriously, this is the best visual novel I've played. The crappy Japanese eroge ones hold nothing against this. And to think this doujin visual novel is made by former 4chan users.
I can't wait for the full version to be released.

I started Phantom Hourglass over the holidays, completed Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, started Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and went back to playing FFXII: Revenant Wings. I've been playing Fate/Stay Night's visual novel on the side (Unlimited Blade Works route). VN >>>>>>>>> anime.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #782
CliffnCain
Chillin'

Mass Effect

Dieing for part 2 to come out

The serious cosplayer.

Skype me at Datcrazyeric (pretty please?)
CliffnCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #783
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I was told I could play Uncharted 2 before 1 without missing much. But will I want to go back and play the first one?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #784
Purple Flames
Rollin' like Jack Dempsey

Playing Killing Floor. Best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time.
Purple Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #785
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I can't wait for the full version to be released.

I started Phantom Hourglass over the holidays, completed Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, started Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and went back to playing FFXII: Revenant Wings. I've been playing Fate/Stay Night's visual novel on the side (Unlimited Blade Works route). VN >>>>>>>>> anime.
Did Mirror Moon translate the Unlimited Blade Works route yet? Or are you playing it in Japanese? Either way, I think it's about time I got the visual novel, seeings as how I loved the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I was told I could play Uncharted 2 before 1 without missing much. But will I want to go back and play the first one?
Yeah, you won't miss much really. Althought the story itself is highly recommended to experience. Gameplay-wise though, I dunno if you'll like the first one's after playing the second's. So I guess play the first one first?

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 01-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #786
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Got GPSP (a GBA emulator) running on my PSP, so I've been playing BulletGBA and Vulkanon. (two great homebrew shmups) Great bullet-hell on the go. BulletGBA even has dozens of simulations from actual bullet-hell games, like Cave and Raizing stuff, so you can practice dodging them and get better at bullet-hell in general.
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #787
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
From a story standpoint, it doesn't really make a difference which one you play first. Speaking from a strictly gameplay perspective, however, definitely play the first game first, if you can, because the second game is such a huge improvement over the first game it's almost ridiculous. The first game is still fun, but you'll find yourself missing a lot of the tweaks and improvements from the second game if you play it after you've played the second game.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #788
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

MAG feels like a huge letdown. Perhaps that's just my take on it because I haven't heard any post open beta opinions but it just doesn't "feel" nearly as good as the hype has been. After playing the Bad Company 2 beta, MAG just doesn't compare. Granted these are just two beta games but based on the fact that MAG is set to release on the 26th of this month and BC2 in March, EA has more than enough time to fix and adjust the few faults with the game.

While I'm on it, I played Assassin's Creed II over the past weekend and I just wasn't all that excited by it. There were definitely many improvements but I felt that what few downfalls there were ruined the game, for me anyway, such as very inconsistent graphics (Amazing during some sequences and utterly half-assed during others) and poor character development (Ezio was a terrible clash of too many personality types).
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #789
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Did Mirror Moon translate the Unlimited Blade Works route yet? Or are you playing it in Japanese? Either way, I think it's about time I got the visual novel, seeings as how I loved the anime.
They've translated all three routes.

Hopefully someone gets around to doing Fate/Hollow Ataraxia one of these days.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #790
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Quote:
In Hollywood an Uncharted movie is in the works. Although the first game has a treasure-is-cursed plot twist typical of many adventure movies (think Indiana Jones), I hope that the script is based on the first game. The interaction between Drake and his pals are great, and the story immerses you in Drake's history very well (I'm a history fanatic in general which is what first caught my eye about the game).

I finished the first one earlier this morning, I'm now playing the second one. So far, the presentation of the story-to-gameplay is superior, but I haven't played enough to see if I like the overall story moreso.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #791
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

I felt that the actual stories were pretty weak, honestly. It was the writing and presentation that gave them the illusion of being good stories. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you, because the writing and presentation are superb.

The biggest issue regarding the storytelling in the Uncharted games, however, is trying to reconcile the Nathan Drake we see in cutscenes with the Nathan Drake we control during gameplay, and I don't think Naughty Dog has quite succeeded in that area just yet.
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #792
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
I felt that the actual stories were pretty weak, honestly. It was the writing and presentation that gave them the illusion of being good stories. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you, because the writing and presentation are superb.

The biggest issue regarding the storytelling in the Uncharted games, however, is trying to reconcile the Nathan Drake we see in cutscenes with the Nathan Drake we control during gameplay, and I don't think Naughty Dog has quite succeeded in that area just yet.
You mean how he seems like a sympathetic treasure hunter in sequences and in terms of story, but in gameplay he can actually be an efficient, ruthless, and almost assassin-like of a killer?

Crusader: Have you played Assassin's Creed II yet? I'm sure you have but I haven't been keeping up with everyone's currently played list. I, too, am a history buff and really enjoyed some of the information, scenes, and quips that were historically accurate, even the bits that weren't accurate but still payed homage to the era.
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #793
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
You mean how he seems like a sympathetic treasure hunter in sequences and in terms of story, but in gameplay he can actually be an efficient, ruthless, and almost assassin-like of a killer?
Yeah, that's precisely it.
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #794
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Haven't played ass-ass yet, since my time-budget is so tight these days.

And hey, Nathan only kills the bad guys.

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #795
4ng31
meh.

Demon's Souls.

Jesus christ man...the game is hard as balls...