Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #76
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I'm not playing it right now, but I was playing 1 vs. 100 on Xbox Live earlier. It was more fun than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't be able to sit there playing it all day.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #77
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
Mirror's Edge.
Been playing that on and off the the Triple as well. I originally d/led the demo for the 360, and I'm glad I bought it for said PS3, the controllers feel way better for my "Blu-Ray player with no games".

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #78
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I beat BioShock and Gears of War 2 recently. I haven't really wanted to get back into Fallout 3 yet, I guess because it's so open-ended and I've been more in the mood for something with levels/stages. So I'm playing Gears of War (1), meaning I'm going backwards. I also still have Prince of Persia from my buddy, but augh I suck at landing all the jumps right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinCrystalia View Post
>: | How big of a fan are you?
Ghostbusters was my childhood. I keep hearing some complaints about this game. It is honestly worth every penny to me. It was an AMAZING experience. I really felt like I was busting with the boys. It also had ALOT fan-service. I mean I'm such a huge fan....I buy anything related to them.
That's how my best friend feels/felt. He said it was everything he would have wanted out of a Ghostbusters game when he was a kid. He said something similar about getting to fight ghosts with the team, haha. I'm glad I convinced him to preorder it.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:52 AM   #79
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

[jaded]
So I'm guessing this new Ghostbusters game everyone's talking about is NOT the 7/10~8/10 average-fest that they've been whoring on TV and the internet? Is there perhaps another one released alongside it which is somehow a nigh-flawless gem, akin to the GBA Astro Boy game overshadowed by the crappy PS2 version?

...Seriously, though, I'm still depressed that the Ghostbusters game is NOT the godsend everyone was looking forward to... I had my doubts but the fact that it got under 8/10 after AAAAAALL that hype and AAAAAAAAALL those delays sort of negates me from spending more than $30 on it... I mean, I don't let review scores rule me, I enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Chaos Legion, and Bujingai, ffs... but licensed games are usually bad so maybe 7.5/10 and higher is considered "good" nowadays for them? :/

I'm just afraid to take the dive... and too cheap to get on Gamefly... or rent... maybe I'll borrow it if any friends get it... Needs to be remarkable and have immense replay value if I'm going to spend $60 on it. Perhaps a time-attack boss rush mode, or some sort of mode that has a scoring system that'll keep me coming back.

[/jaded]

Last edited by Zweihander : 06-19-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #80
derelict_
nerd

dotA and aion beta
derelict_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #81
ELFanatic
Erufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
[jaded]
So I'm guessing this new Ghostbusters game everyone's talking about is NOT the 7/10~8/10 average-fest that they've been whoring on TV and the internet? Is there perhaps another one released alongside it which is somehow a nigh-flawless gem, akin to the GBA Astro Boy game overshadowed by the crappy PS2 version?

...Seriously, though, I'm still depressed that the Ghostbusters game is NOT the godsend everyone was looking forward to... I had my doubts but the fact that it got under 8/10 after AAAAAALL that hype and AAAAAAAAALL those delays sort of negates me from spending more than $30 on it... I mean, I don't let review scores rule me, I enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Chaos Legion, and Bujingai, ffs... but licensed games are usually bad so maybe 7.5/10 and higher is considered "good" nowadays for them? :/

I'm just afraid to take the dive... and too cheap to get on Gamefly... or rent... maybe I'll borrow it if any friends get it... Needs to be remarkable and have immense replay value if I'm going to spend $60 on it. Perhaps a time-attack boss rush mode, or some sort of mode that has a scoring system that'll keep me coming back.

[/jaded]
I love ghostbusters so I'm excited. I never bother to read review ratings. Half the time I disagree with what a lot of people consider to be a great game. Sometimes what people praise about a game are the things I hate about a game. I'm just not concerned with reviews. I grew up on Ghostbusters as a kid and this is the third story of ghostbusters, I HAVE to get it. How could you not?
ELFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #82
Tooru18
Taste the Rainbow!

I recently finished Chaos Legion. I LOVED IT! Dx

I am playing Baroque and Fire Emblem: Path of Radience.

My friend let me borrow the old Pokemon Gold for the gameboy too. Ahhh the memories.

Akon 2011: Akagane (Natsume), Duke Tigris (Trinity Blood)
Afest: ???
Tooru18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #83
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
[jaded]
This is pretty much how I feel. I never look at reviews or anything though because they're usually crap (especially when any Halo game automatically gets 10/10 just for being Halo) but yeah, I still have mixed feelings with Ghostbusters. I want to try it, but I don't want to spend $60 on it if it sucks. I checked Hollywood last night and they didn't have it (and not that it was sold out, they didn't even have the display case for it).

So, you guys who say Ghostbusters is the greatest game ever, tell me why other than "lol it's Ghostbusters."
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #84
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

ZWEI! They have Online modes with scores and ranks.

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #85
Shadowfrost
Professional Creeper

I've been on this long Kingdom Hearts II and Devil May Cry 3 binge lately. . . I'm neglicting all my epic PS3 games for far better PS2 games. XD

Also, Pokemon Platinum on the DS and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on the PSP for the millionth time.
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:18 AM   #86
Haku23

MGS3(which is stupid because I know the entire story anyway). Once I beat that I'll have to beat Twilight Princess and start workin' on my other games OTL Like MGS2 which I immediately dropped to play 3 because BB is amazing(Raiden < BB).
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #87
Jennifer337

In general, FFVII. My brother and I just bought it about a month and a half ago. I beat it a couple of weeks ago and recently decided to start over again.

I also played Dig Dug, Pacman, and Bonanza Bros. a few nights ago. And a round of Tetris, which somehow lasted for 40 minutes. x__x
Jennifer337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #88
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

Tetris for ONLY 40 minutes?

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #89
DHB
Primary Vivid Cosplayer

A Tetris game that lasted 40 minutes must surely have an amazing score

Anyways, I'm currently letting myself switch between StarCraft and RuneScape on my PC, and Grandia II and my inevitable triad of rhythm-gaming series (Dance Dance Revolution, beatmania IIDX and pop'n music) on PS2. I'm also doing some rounds on Disgaea to aim for triple-digit levels on some of my characters... and eventually say hello to the Majins ^_^

=> Tamahome@FuYu
=> Ryudo@GrandiaII
=> Mute@Princess-2-2
=> Serge@CC
=> McDohlJr@Suikoden1

LiveJournal | Personal Domain
DHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #90
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post

So, you guys who say Ghostbusters is the greatest game ever, tell me why other than "lol it's Ghostbusters."
If you play the 360 version, you'll see why. I wasn't exactly excited when I FIRST heard about Ghostbusters but after playing it at Play 'n Trade, I was blown away. It KINDA has a Gears of War feeling to it but there's so much to this game, it's hard to say in words. What I can say it's practically Ghostbusters III.

As for what i'm playing: Final Fantasy VIII